Dobyns-Bennett Football 2016

tribe141

I think they will stick Barrett back there against #5 ...Barrett is one of the fastest kids in the State (I think he won gold at State as well another Dback ) . Now if the Dbacks can keep their eyes and hands where they are supposed to (Maybe Gerald Sensabaugh helping opened the eyes on how they should be coached ) ! We will soon find out !!

After 20 years of getting burned in the defensive backfield, and if Sensabaugh straightens out the mess in a few days, it's gonna' look very bad on somebody. But I don't see how anybody could fix that in a few days. Hopefully he can.

I think it has yet to be seen that OR has a QB who can actually get the ball to #5.

So all of DB's DB strategy may not really matter.  (the 2nd DB = Defensive Back).

If Watson was still with us he would bring tremendous pressure on the QB. It wouldn't matter how great the receiver is because the QB would be running for his life,

If Watson was still with us he would bring tremendous pressure on the QB. It wouldn't matter how great the receiver is because the QB would be running for his life,

Yeah, it was really difficult last year to tell how you defended #5 because their QB was so bad.

OR fans, not trying to bash your QB from last year, we're just trying to discuss DB's DB's

It's almost impossible to know for sure about your team from a scrimmage but I do know of a few returners and a transfer that will make DB a lot better this year. Savon had already broken all of Hayworths weight room records from what I've been told. He was all State last year at J I Burton. I also hear that his brother who is a sophomore could be the best athlete in the school. We need him on the football field. Holt at TE will be a huge weapon if we use him. Maupin will be much improved and will have s good year both passing and running. Dee Williams looked good at WR. RB will be by committee but we will have some speed with Barrett getting some reps in the backfield. LB's are as good as we've had in a while. OL and DL both have good size and DB' s getting work from former Dallas Cowboys Gerald Sensabaugh will make a huge difference. Already noticed how the DB's are reacting to the ball correctly. Something we've not done right EVER!!!

All this and a healthy group for the year and getting a couple healthy will result in a much improved season and putting DB back in the conversation. Oh, I almost forgot. Freshman RB Keyo Taylor should be considered to be moved up to varsity. 6'0 and 216. He had the size to make the jump just as Chris Sensabaugh did a few years ago. ROLL TRIBE

Guest footballfan100

91, not to rain on your parade but don't base to much on your scrimmage with Morristown East.  They are pretty bad this season and lost a previous scrimmage by 50 some points before playing you guys, from what I have been told.  If the "best" athlete in the school isn't playing, then id have to wonder why, especially if his brother (a transfer from JI Burton...lol)  is playing.  are you all having any kind of depth chart this year or are u planning on playing certain kids on both sides of the ball again?

91, not to rain on your parade but don't base to much on your scrimmage with Morristown East.  They are pretty bad this season and lost a previous scrimmage by 50 some points before playing you guys, from what I have been told.  If the "best" athlete in the school isn't playing, then id have to wonder why, especially if his brother (a transfer from JI Burton...lol)  is playing.  are you all having any kind of depth chart this year or are u planning on playing certain kids on both sides of the ball again?

Every school has those "best" athletes that don't play football or other sports. There's probably at least 10 walking the halls at DB right now that could be starters but have no interest in playing. I'm sure Science Hill has that many or more.

Guest footballfan100

science hill does that in fact but the reason Im told is that there is still a lot of politics and favoritism involved there.  Im sure there is a lot of that going on at db also..i hear that constantly plays a very big part in how fast your child plays on Friday nights. several of sophomores seeing the field and getting good time with varsity im told, and they aren't the best at their position.....so.....???

but that happens everywhere, even here..

doesn't hurt to be a liked parent or one that fills the need

Every school has those "best" athletes that don't play football or other sports. There's probably at least 10 walking the halls at DB right now that could be starters but have no interest in playing. I'm sure Science Hill has that many or more.

Well stated.     Playing football is a huge commitment and what a lot of guys have in gifted athleticism they lack in character.    A problem for EVERY school as you said..

Murphy Fair has ME picked 4th in their conference with 12 of 22 starters returning including a 2-year starter at QB...plus they already have had a scrimmage you say? Sounds like DB looked ok then... You have to have drive, determination and an affection for physical contact if you are going to play football... for this reason many "best athletes" do not take the field or even the court for that matter....Thomas and Julius Jones played at PV about 10 miles from JIB so the lol should be saved...Offers from ETSU and Tenn Tech already

Edited by DBIndianKMA

91, not to rain on your parade but don't base to much on your scrimmage with Morristown East. They are pretty bad this season and lost a previous scrimmage by 50 some points before playing you guys, from what I have been told. If the "best" athlete in the school isn't playing, then id have to wonder why, especially if his brother (a transfer from JI Burton...lol) is playing. are you all having any kind of depth chart this year or are u planning on playing certain kids on both sides of the ball again?

Some kids will play both ways. The ones that so are just to good to keep off the field. And I didn't say we were going to be state champions just that we are improved obviously over last year. ROLL TRIBE

science hill does that in fact but the reason Im told is that there is still a lot of politics and favoritism involved there.  Im sure there is a lot of that going on at db also..i hear that constantly plays a very big part in how fast your child plays on Friday nights. several of sophomores seeing the field and getting good time with varsity im told, and they aren't the best at their position.....so.....???

but that happens everywhere, even here..

doesn't hurt to be a liked parent or one that fills the need

How is your bunch of 11th graders doing 100.Hope all is well.I'll say one thing about politics  in team sports.That's why I always prefered sports like wrestling over team sports even though my kids got a fair shake most of the time coming up.If your kid wins in wrestling, there is no question as to who should be out there,if he loses,once again there is no question.