Region 7-4A

Solomon

Who is the head man there now?

Steve Hookfin. I'm not familiar with him or the Haywood program, but I did see some strong, athletic, disciplined players. And that usually equates to a good football team. I understand their program has struggled in recent history, but it looks like they found the man to turn it around.

Edited by fallguy17

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Hookfin. I'm not familiar with him or the Haywood program, but I did see some strong, athletic, disciplined players. And that usually equates to a good football team. I understand their program has struggled in recent history, but it looks like they found the man to turn it around.

I know nothing about him. But yeah, they have always had the raw talent. If they can be disciplined and are well-coached, they will be a good football team.

Steve Hookfin and disciplined football players do not mix. He had very good teams while he was at Liberty, but he struggled to put the Crusaders over the top. Now, Coach Turner is taking Liberty and possibly taking them to Cookville in December. You probably don't know anything about Hookfin's track record, but he does discipline his football players. However, I wish Haywood nothing but the best of luck. They have tremendous athletes. Who did they play in the jamboree last week? I think they went to Memphis from I've heard.

Steve Hookfin and disciplined football players do not mix. He had very good teams while he was at Liberty, but he struggled to put the Crusaders over the top. Now, Coach Turner is taking Liberty and possibly taking them to Cookville in December. You probably don't know anything about Hookfin's track record, but he does discipline his football players. However, I wish Haywood nothing but the best of luck. They have tremendous athletes. Who did they play in the jamboree last week? I think they went to Memphis from I've heard.

The Haywood kids stayed with their assignments and blocks and looked pretty good. They were at the Dyersburg Jamboree giving my Tornadoes a good dose of humility. But a good dose ever now and then is a good thing.

I expect them to be competitive but this is a brutal region. I would say middle of the pack and there will be 3 pretty decent teams in this region not making the playoffs

Thanks ... We play them Friday night just wondering haven't heard anything about them this year we play them Friday night didn't know if they lost a lot from last year .Thanks again

Lexington defense is going to be extremely tough.  DL, LB, and secondary have strength, speed, and intelligence.  Senior QB and RB with a talented WR core.  Weak point is offensive line and that will improve with experience.  I see them really rolling people by week 3.  They should finish in top 2 in the region.