Region 7-A

I will go out on a limb & say, whatever 4 teams make it to playoffs from Region 7 will sweep the games against the Region 8 Memphis teams, setting up some great rematches, like last year. But imo, the other part of our bracket, Regions 5 & 6, are more unpredictable when they face off against each other in pkayoffs. Plenty of good teams with lotsa football left, with every game important.

Idk.. KIPP vs our 4. They're qb is a Kansas st commit and can put points on the board

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hevyrevy1611

Idk.. KIPP vs our 4. They're qb is a Kansas st commit and can put points on the board

Dresden faced a 4star QB a few years back, all the big colleges going after him, we beat them 40-3. Of course that was then & this is now, but it's not automatic these highly recruited players will have a good game. At least if they play Dresden I'll always hope all their guys have an awful game & all ours have an awesome game. Lol.

Dresden faced a 4star QB a few years back, all the big colleges going after him, we beat them 40-3. Of course that was then & this is now, but it's not automatic these highly recruited players will have a good game. At least if they play Dresden I'll always hope all their guys have an awful game & all ours have an awesome game. Lol.

I agree, Riversides qb is going d1, Kentucky recruit I heard but not certain. He's listed as an athlete instead of qb and is good but he couldn't do it by his self and WC put a pretty good beating on them

Guest hevyrevy1611

The year Dresden won a silver ball we weren't the biggest, fastest, nor strongest in every position but our coaches taught guys how to contain, pursue at proper angles, swarm tackle, and compensate in other ways for our weaknesses. Sharp coaches & staffs help players go above & beyond their normal abilities. We've been blessed with such coaches in last few years. The current coach, Coach Rang (& staff) has lived up to the hype those out East said about him, and even more than anticipated. I hope he stays around for awhile. I think Dresden's recent competitiveness is not a fluke nor temporary aberration, but rather we have the potential to be the Alcoa or Maryville of 1A. All the ingredients are there, only time will tell how all this develops. Whatever class we are put in this next reshuffling (1A probably), and whatever region we're in, the Lions will be a force to reckon with for quite a while I believe. No doubt this idea will irk alot of "haters" & naysayers (who are used to Dresden being bottom dwellers and an easy out), but others need to get used to the Lions being the king of the gridiron jungle if you ask me. And even if you ain't a asking I is a telling it anyways. So says this crazy old hick from the sticks. Yehaw!

Guest hevyrevy1611

The Lions seem to be headed to top seed in playoffs. Unless Humboldt or Greenfield beat Dresden. Not likely though. Looking forward to see if we are unbeatable, or some team is better. I thinking we'll take care of business and go 15 in '16. Gold getting closer each play!

LC could put a fly in the punch bowl, if they beat UC and Humboldt. Or just sneek in the playoffs by beating Humboldt. It will be a very tall order for them to pull any of that off this season. I don't think there will be a huge argument from the Falcon fans about that.

I don't see them beating UC but Humboldt I'm not so sure.LC has improved. Should have beaten South fulton by a couple touchdowns in my opinion instead of overtime .Fumbled at the goal line and the ball went out of the end zone and then late in the game at midfield had a 4th and 23 and the coach went for it. Gave S .Fulton a short field. Then against Trenton it was about 21-6 and Trenton scored again with about 1:13 left, again from having a short field.I think Humboldt gave UC a game because of the UC injuries.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Them Vikings doing so well against UC may have given them an idea they can do the same to Dresden this week. But I hope our Lions jump on them fast & furious and deflates that bubble of confidence quick like. That horde from Humboldt is for sure dangerous and capable. And the fourth 7A team in playoffs coming down to the last few games is exciting. Then, as we see almost every year, in the second season it's anybody's game. Still thinking Reg7 is gonna sweep Reg8. Then comes rematches & the revenge factor. Time for A+, penalty-free, mistake-free games Lions!