2016 Region 5 4A

LEON

So I just got word...Is it true that Springfield plays on a middle school field??

The CPA scrimmage was canceled due to weather. Springfield currently plays their home games at the field that is located at the middle school. It is the same field that Springfield has played at for decades. When the current high school was built in 1981, a football field was not included with the new school. The old high school became the middle school but the Jackets still play there until a field is built at the current high school, which should happen in the next couple of years. Boyce Smith Field is one of the most storied and historical fields in Middle Tennessee. The bleachers were redone a few years ago and reduced in size, but it as good of a high school football environment as you will find. I hope you agree after you guys visit this fall.

between White House Heritage and being in a district with elite speed and size...That's what happen

I think the elite speed has the most to do with it.  That, and a dip in talent that happens every now and then.  Macon and Springfield have gone through the same thing and are on the upswing.  Maplewood and Pearl Cohn are gonna be the annual top contenders outside the irregular class of special athletes that any of the schools may have in the future.  Portland may be the sleeper in this years group.  Macon has a great QB, but can the defense contain or limit SF, PC, and MW.  They have fielded some very good offense teams in the past but the D has been their limiting factor.  Look at White House, will probably field another defensive team, but don't have another Ricky Ladd or Payne twin and haven't fielded a special QB since Trox Greenwade.  So with that being said, it should come down to Springfield, Pearl Cohn, or Maplewood.  My pick will be Pearl Cohn and it will be decided in the last game of the regular season (which is being played at PC!).  Firebirds wrap it up again.

I think the elite speed has the most to do with it. That, and a dip in talent that happens every now and then. Macon and Springfield have gone through the same thing and are on the upswing. Maplewood and Pearl Cohn are gonna be the annual top contenders outside the irregular class of special athletes that any of the schools may have in the future. Portland may be the sleeper in this years group. Macon has a great QB, but can the defense contain or limit SF, PC, and MW. They have fielded some very good offense teams in the past but the D has been their limiting factor. Look at White House, will probably field another defensive team, but don't have another Ricky Ladd or Payne twin and haven't fielded a special QB since Trox Greenwade. So with that being said, it should come down to Springfield, Pearl Cohn, or Maplewood. My pick will be Pearl Cohn and it will be decided in the last game of the regular season (which is being played at PC!). Firebirds wrap it up again.

The last game of the regular season for Pearl Cohn will be played at Springfield.