Sevier County Football

fsutandem

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I see a 4-6 record in store for the Smoky Bears this year. Possibly 3-7. Everyone makes the playoffs anyways. LoL

3-7 would likely get the Bears in the playoffs as a 4 seed. Assuming they beat 3 of the 7 region teams. It will be tough to have a record any better than 6-4 IMHO simply because the non region games are stiff. I don't think they will have much for Knox west or oak ridge but who knows. Cleveland, mo west, and DB I think they could steal maybe 1 of those, 2 of those would be over achieving. The othe 5 games the Bears should be favorite. It's hard to say because so many new faces. The JV has won basically every game they have played including DB the last few years but again that's another hard thing to base predictions on. They are not with out talent they are just young. Sophomore quarterback (who lives in Kodak aka NVA)will be very good at some point and most of the other ball handlers will be mostly juniors.Next season they will be picked to be 1st in the region. Mo West should be favorite in region this season based on returning players but if this team finds its stride Mo west will be in a dog fight come week 10. Last season on any given Friday they had 5 or 6 of the best players on field most every week. This season probably only 2. Of course I wear purple colored glasses but this team will be tough by seasons end even with a 500 record,As long as they can get a 3 or better seed I think 2nd even 3rd round is a possibility. Anything can happen in the playoffs & With the exception of Knox west region 1 & 2 are wide open. This team has swagger because of the run lAst year and I would guess they will be eager to prove the doubters wrong. If I'm not mistaken the 99 team had a 6-4 regular season record and we know how that turned out. Getting a win vs the Blue Raiders in week 1 would be huge but it will be no easy task.

GoBears

3-7 would likely get the Bears in the playoffs as a 4 seed. Assuming they beat 3 of the 7 region teams. It will be tough to have a record any better than 6-4 IMHO simply because the non region games are stiff. I don't think they will have much for Knox west or oak ridge but who knows. Cleveland, mo west, and DB I think they could steal maybe 1 of those, 2 of those would be over achieving. The othe 5 games the Bears should be favorite. It's hard to say because so many new faces. The JV has won basically every game they have played including DB the last few years but again that's another hard thing to base predictions on. They are not with out talent they are just young. Sophomore quarterback (who lives in Kodak aka NVA)will be very good at some point and most of the other ball handlers will be mostly juniors.Next season they will be picked to be 1st in the region. Mo West should be favorite in region this season based on returning players but if this team finds its stride Mo west will be in a dog fight come week 10. Last season on any given Friday they had 5 or 6 of the best players on field most every week. This season probably only 2. Of course I wear purple colored glasses but this team will be tough by seasons end even with a 500 record,As long as they can get a 3 or better seed I think 2nd even 3rd round is a possibility. Anything can happen in the playoffs & With the exception of Knox west region 1 & 2 are wide open. This team has swagger because of the run lAst year and I would guess they will be eager to prove the doubters wrong. If I'm not mistaken the 99 team had a 6-4 regular season record and we know how that turned out. Getting a win vs the Blue Raiders in week 1 would be huge but it will be no easy task.

GoBears

Fixed

Yes it was a surprise but they had some good players. They lost a bunch from last year. And I really don't think there is many tools in woodshed for the Bears this year. That's why I wanted to start this thread to hopefully give the other schools a time to boast and place a flag. It's been awhile since the other schools have seen sunshine being under the shade tree of the Smoky Bears. And I think it could be a year where Lingo could show what a good coach he actually could be. Which I have faith in his system. And he sure is a class act guy from what's on the grapevine.

Coach Linginfelter is a quality coach and a class act, he used to coach at Rhea County before heading to Sevier back in the late 80s.

SC lost some great players and they may or may not experience a drop off, most good public schools do from time to time (except Maryville), but having the right guy in place brings consistacy and leadership to the program to get through those "drop off" years and finish with successful seasons that keep the program at a high level until those years when you get one of those "special" groups of kids that come through (like last year's group) and then the sky's the limit. Any coach can win with talent, but if you have the wrong guy in place those lean years are where a program slips into mediocrity and then into incompetency and that is hard to come back from. In my opinion you guys got the right guy.

Good luck to the Bears this season!

Coach Linginfelter is a quality coach and a class act, he used to coach at Rhea County before heading to Sevier back in the late 80s.

SC lost some great players and they may or may not experience a drop off, most good public schools do from time to time (except Maryville), but having the right guy in place brings consistacy and leadership to the program to get through those "drop off" years and finish with successful seasons that keep the program at a high level until those years when you get one of those "special" groups of kids that come through (like last year's group) and then the sky's the limit. Any coach can win with talent, but if you have the wrong guy in place those lean years are where a program slips into mediocrity and then into incompetency and that is hard to come back from. In my opinion you guys got the right guy.

Good luck to the Bears this season!

Yeah, we're lucky to have him. We've been fortunate in having coaches that stay for long periods of time. Good luck to rhea this year. Sounds like you guys are set for another good season this year

Yeah, we're lucky to have him. We've been fortunate in having coaches that stay for long periods of time. Good luck to rhea this year. Sounds like you guys are set for another good season this year

Thank you friend, the Eagles have some things to work out in the preseason but the potential is definatly there to have a good year.

• 2 weeks later...

I called the coaches and told em to fool barney, just like last year :D

I call it like I see it SDOT. I remember last year well and Sevier was missing one of their good players in that game and a few linemen. I did see some positive things the other night on the Sevier side of the ball. They do have a real good QB and I do know you all have some good coaches and as time goes the pieces can fall into place. The tough schedule has more to do with it than anything. It's just hard to lose that many good players and not feel it the next year .The Pilot Book has them at 5-5 this year and I could see 6-4 if they want it but they should be right back in the thick of it next year.

Edited by BarneySox2007