1A REGION 5

TALMAD

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya.  From the sound of things, you guys may be hurting a little more than I thought.  You didn't beat them last year so I'm guessing you won't this year???

It was a nail biter last year! Our boys played scared till 4th qtr! They had that whoa they are bigger school problem! Yes we are hurting! We picked up 4 players last week that will be big gains once they learn the system!

NCS has arrived, better late than never.  Definitely not ashamed of our little region.  Just the opposite, this is going to be a fun region to watch this year.  Picking NCS to win region (biased of course) but games will be much closer and hard fought this year and hoping NCS can pull out some of those close games.  Season finale with NCS hosting Trousdale on Oct. 28 should be a whale of a game.

Once again NCS will be the team to beat this year IMO!!! Glad one of you guys finally got on! We are glad to have you in this region! Looking forward to making the drive to your place this year!

JB took one on the chin tonite against WH 20-0 in 2 qtrs of play,,, 1st series the Devils went backwards then WH established the run game gashing the boys in red up front along the lines, the youth up front will gain very valuable experience as the season progresses. The O was able to get some production going as the clock ticked but was unable to stick it in for a score and in return WH pounded the Devils up front,,, the final TD by WH was a pass to a mostly uncovered wr down the sideline,,, the boys in red are gunna have some growing pains in the trenches so it'll be interesting to see how they respond nx week against 3A cheatham co,, we have some play makers but a youth movement is going on at JB,,, only 6 sr's on the roster,,,, good luck to all ! sure was gud to see them Friday night lights once again !!!!

CROZ I hope my boys have al the problems worked out before we meet you guys but i be honest right now i dont know if we top 4 or not! I do believe our coach will hae it figured out though! We lost alot! I am with you on this region! i cant believe thereis not more talk with all the good programs in it!

JB will play 4A Whitehouse 2qtrs tonite at the east Robertson jamboree, shud give us a lil more insight on the boys in red,,, Moto I'm gunna try to make it but if not I know u'll have a true assessment of the Devils

We had Goodpasture last night and i have not made to a scrimmage yet but i do not miss the games and as W4Life said i hear we looked alot better! Didnt come away with a win but my boy said the 4 new guys really helped alot and that they was alot more in sink and he said he really felt good about the White County game now!!! That was sweet music to my ears lol Best of luck to you guys this year 81 and i will be pulling for you guys every week but week 10 when you guys come up to the all new MEDLEY FIELD!!! Hope u and MoTo make the trip!!!

JB took one on the chin tonite against WH 20-0 in 2 qtrs of play,,, 1st series the Devils went backwards then WH established the run game gashing the boys in red up front along the lines, the youth up front will gain very valuable experience as the season progresses. The O was able to get some production going as the clock ticked but was unable to stick it in for a score and in return WH pounded the Devils up front,,, the final TD by WH was a pass to a mostly uncovered wr down the sideline,,, the boys in red are gunna have some growing pains in the trenches so it'll be interesting to see how they respond nx week against 3A cheatham co,, we have some play makers but a youth movement is going on at JB,,, only 6 sr's on the roster,,,, good luck to all ! sure was gud to see them Friday night lights once again !!!!

Yeah, yall looked a little flat against WH. They're a big physical team. Wasn't a great match up but got some good experience against a 4A school. I didn't get to see Cheatham play but I heard they did pretty well against Montgomery Central. What are the chances of getting out of Ashland City with a win?

Yeah, yall looked a little flat against WH. They're a big physical team. Wasn't a great match up but got some good experience against a 4A school. I didn't get to see Cheatham play but I heard they did pretty well against Montgomery Central. What are the chances of getting out of Ashland City with a win?

Honestly I say it's a toss up at this point,, got to see CC in 2qtrs Friday night, I say we gunna have problems against the Cubs bigs up front,, CC is better than las yr but they will struggle in 3A jus my opinion and JB is a 5/6 win team this year,,, I say a TD either way will be the difference,,, shud be a gud game tho

Bump for predictions on this weeks games...

Good luck to all Region 5 teams!!! Hope everyone comes home with the W and a healthy team and no injuries! As for my Monterey Boys i have seen much improved players lately and look for them to hold there own tonight! Even with White County being a Very weak 5A school it will be a tough game for us playing up! Im going for the upset Monterey 14-7 just opposite of last years score! Good luck all!!!