1A REGION 5

TALMAD

You would think that with the teams that are in this region that there would be more talk than this going on.

Shameful.

In my mind NCS wins the region.

But expect them to have some closer games.

Gordonsville, TC, and Monterey will be in 2, 3, and 4 in no paricular order.

The others spots won't matter.

CROZ I hope my boys have al the problems worked out before we meet you guys but i be honest right now i dont know if we top 4 or not! I do believe our coach will hae it figured out though! We lost alot! I am with you on this region! i cant believe thereis not more talk with all the good programs in it!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think that with the teams that are in this region that there would be more talk than this going on.

Shameful.

In my mind NCS wins the region.

But expect them to have some closer games.

Gordonsville, TC, and Monterey will be in 2, 3, and 4 in no paricular order.

The others spots won't matter.

Do not forget Jo byrnes! I think they are going to be alot better than everyone thinks! Heard you guys had 19 seniors???? If so that alone means alot and should give you guys a edge! JB returned alot of there backfield im pretty sure! I hope TC pulls the upset over NCS! heck who knows lol! NCS fans must be ashamed of our little region cause none of there posters bother with us! lol

been waiting for Gordonsville to be good again

If they returned the amount of seniors i am hearing they will be in the top 4! When i made my prediction i did not know they returned that many! Either way i am like CROZ ncs and tc are 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 is between Monterey, JB, Gordonsville and MTCS in no particular order!

In the last 2 or 3 games last year, Gordonsville didn't have a senior on the field on either side of the ball.

They return alot.

If I remember correctly, JB lost all of their starting offense except one or two guys.

I've been impressed with Monterey's coach.

He's cocky but had gotten the job done

TC has athletes but they're still young in spots.

I like their coach but I've heard there's concerns about the defense.

NCS will be loaded again bit I look for Gville and TC to play them tough.

In the last 2 or 3 games last year, Gordonsville didn't have a senior on the field on either side of the ball.

They return alot.

If I remember correctly, JB lost all of their starting offense except one or two guys.

I've been impressed with Monterey's coach.

He's cocky but had gotten the job done

TC has athletes but they're still young in spots.

I like their coach but I've heard there's concerns about the defense.

NCS will be loaded again bit I look for Gville and TC to play them tough.

Do not forget Jo byrnes! I think they are going to be alot better than everyone thinks! Heard you guys had 19 seniors???? If so that alone means alot and should give you guys a edge! JB returned alot of there backfield im pretty sure! I hope TC pulls the upset over NCS! heck who knows lol! NCS fans must be ashamed of our little region cause none of there posters bother with us! lol

NCS has arrived, better late than never.  Definitely not ashamed of our little region.  Just the opposite, this is going to be a fun region to watch this year.  Picking NCS to win region (biased of course) but games will be much closer and hard fought this year and hoping NCS can pull out some of those close games.  Season finale with NCS hosting Trousdale on Oct. 28 should be a whale of a game.

NCS has arrived, better late than never. Definitely not ashamed of our little region. Just the opposite, this is going to be a fun region to watch this year. Picking NCS to win region (biased of course) but games will be much closer and hard fought this year and hoping NCS can pull out some of those close games. Season finale with NCS hosting Trousdale on Oct. 28 should be a whale of a game.

Still think no region teams will come within 2 tds of NC,,, the race will be most competitive in the 2,3,4 spots so region wins will be very important for JB, TC, Gordy and Monterey,, I'm giving Monterey a slight edge to finish second due to returning experience and several sr's,,,3 & 4 spots will be interesting as the season progresses,, shud be a fun and exciting year for region 5

Still think no region teams will come within 2 tds of NC,,, the race will be most competitive in the 2,3,4 spots so region wins will be very important for JB, TC, Gordy and Monterey,, I'm giving Monterey a slight edge to finish second due to returning experience and several sr's,,,3 & 4 spots will be interesting as the season progresses,, shud be a fun and exciting year for region 5

I hope your prediction is true and i would love to be 2! We are very young in many spots! Returning several good lineman but we lost our whole backfield and we lost all the size in the backfield! Our new QB has impressed me lately! Look for a totally different Look from Monterey this year as i look for us to go to the air alot more! On D we lost many good players! We lost our great line backers! Will be interesting to see how this region pans out! Only 10 more days and counting guys!

Who all does everyone play in Week 1 and what is your predeiction for that game! Monterey travels down the Mountain to White County a 5A school! This will be a tough opener for Monterey! We lost 13-7 last year in a tight game till the end! I say we use this game to shake off the jitters and i hope to walk away with a WIN!!! Im thinking 14-7 Monterey! Mainly because it took our boys 3 QTRs last year to realize we could beat this 5A team!!! Lets hear it guys!

The schedule will follow last year's schedule so Week 1 looks like this:

Jackson Co. @ Clay Co.

Watertown @ Gordonsville

Jo Byrns @ Cheatham County

Ezell-Harding @ MTCS

White Co. @ Monterey

RBS @ NCS

Clinton Co. (KY) @ Pickett Co.

Westmoreland @ TC

(My picks in bold)

Looks spot on Moto except for 1 lol think you know which one im talking about but hey thats my boys! lol

Edited by TALMAD