Milan / Mayfield Scrimmage

mumbles

How many are going to make the 1 hr drive to Kentucky to see this scrimmage?

This should be a good one with both teams having high expectations for the up coming season.

I know Milan is loaded and played a tough Henry Co team to a draw in their 1st scrimmage.

Mayfield should be good and are 4 time defending state champs.

How many are going to make the 1 hr drive to Kentucky to see this scrimmage?

This should be a good one with both teams having high expectations for the up coming season.

I know Milan is loaded and played a tough Henry Co team to a draw in their 1st scrimmage.

Mayfield should be good and are 4 time defending state champs.

Wish I could make it mumbles but I can't. Please post updates as soon as you can.

I got 7 total td's for mayfield 6 for milan. Varsity portion I got 6 for mayfield 4 for milan. 2 of milan touchdowns for varsity it looked like mayfield only had part of the starters in on defense. When the teams were running all the starters for the first 4 or 5 series Mayfield pretty much scored at will, and mayfield defense stopped milan pretty good. Once mayfield stud linebacker got sick, and he was taken out milan could finally run in, but before he got sick milan seemed to struggle running the ball. Mayfield definitely doesn't look the part, but looks are decieving, cause they seemed a lot better than what you would think by looking at them. Unless mayfield is just that good I'd say milan won't go far in the playoffs.

Edited by volstomper

Greetings from Mayfield!   Just back home from the scrimmage.  Mayfield won but its hard to tell exactly what the varsity score was.  Milan struggled all night on defense but looked pretty good on offense.  Mayfield will start the season @ #1 and is expected to have a pretty solid team.  Mayfield was without its starting safety and kicker and lost the middle linebacker early on.