Kingston makes the trip to visit the Blue Devils of Harriman

Harriman kingston game is always a packed house..No matter what.

You're exactly right buddy! My father played from 84'-87' they beat Kingston twice. He actually has tapes of the two times they beat Kingston among other games as well. I can tell you right now that the crowd they brought to those Kingston vs Harriman games back in that time was incredible!! We could only wish to have a crowd like that Friday! Both of these teams deserve to have every available seat in that stadium packed full!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which teams did Kingston and Harriman scrimmage this year? I think I remember reading Kingston played Oliver Springs and I saw a couple of highlights of Harriman playing TKA(I believe I read on here 5-2 Harriman). I keep wanting to say Kingston but Harriman has a good chance imho. Tough decision.

Which teams did Kingston and Harriman scrimmage this year? I think I remember reading Kingston played Oliver Springs and I saw a couple of highlights of Harriman playing TKA(I believe I read on here 5-2 Harriman). I keep wanting to say Kingston but Harriman has a good chance imho. Tough decision.

Ogre, as for Harriman we scrimmaged Monterey and won 75-0. We also scrimmaged The King's Academy and won 5 TD's to 2 TD's. 

As for Kingston, I was told they lost to Oliver Springs by 5 TD's in a scrimmage. I can't confirm for fact if that was the exact score, but my man JacketsFan can probably fill you in.

This is definitely a very talented Harriman team and we've got an excellent chance of coming away with a win come Friday. Kingston always plays great against us, so we've got to bring our A game for 48 minutes come Friday. I'm just flat out excited about the potential this team has and I can't wait to see how far they can go!

We got drilled by os..supposedly we didn't play starters much..we scrimmaged upperman I believe.and we usually scrimmage webb every year. ..I miss scrimmaging bigger teams.oak ridge.and bearden...kingston has quite a bit of depth this year.more than the past few.good speed at skill positions.our rb #23 lane is a speedster.Tenn tech just offered him.our key is breaking in a new qb..and no turnovers.

We got drilled by os..supposedly we didn't play starters much..we scrimmaged upperman I believe.and we usually scrimmage webb every year. ..I miss scrimmaging bigger teams.oak ridge.and bearden...kingston has quite a bit of depth this year.more than the past few.good speed at skill positions.our rb #23 lane is a speedster.Tenn tech just offered him.our key is breaking in a new qb..and no turnovers.

A little birdie told me you all lost some depth over the weekend. Not sure how much truth there is to that Edited by bluedevil6913

Thanks for the info guys. I read the local Oneida newspaper football preview today and it said Harriman could be a better team than they were last year, but on their first week pick-em the so called "10 expert"(lol) panelists picked Kingston. I think I read on the site someone said too their good as last year. I can barely find much info on either team as far as scrimmages and etc(returning starters and key players).

I think one is close especially being it's a tough rivalry game Week 1. I'll flip a coin and whoever posts next can call it. ;)

Breaking in a new QB is rough but with RB like you mentioned that should help a lot! Plus more depth is always a great thing.

sidenote: Scott was picked last again they said, IDK why the return most of their skill players and more. I heard Loudon was down but got Midway's qb + beat McMinn Central too [43]-[14]. The Kingston game is at Scott this year so I'll get to see it.

Thanks for the info guys. I read the local Oneida newspaper football preview today and it said Harriman could be a better team than they were last year, but on their first week pick-em the so called "10 expert"(lol) panelists picked Kingston. I think I read on the site someone said too their good as last year. I can barely find much info on either team as far as scrimmages and etc(returning starters and key players).

I think one is close especially being it's a tough rivalry game Week 1. I'll flip a coin and whoever posts next can call it. ;)

Breaking in a new QB is rough but with RB like you mentioned that should help a lot! Plus more depth is always a great thing.

sidenote: Scott was picked last again they said, IDK why the return most of their skill players and more. I heard Loudon was down but got Midway's qb + beat McMinn Central too [43]-[14]. The Kingston game is at Scott this year so I'll get to see it.

Ogre, it could very well be possible. Top to bottom I believe we have more athletes than we did last year. This group knows how to win in tough situations and big games as they proved so last year. We will see how the season shapes out, but I think those who are saying we could be better this year could very possibly be spot on with that prediction!

Ogre, it could very well be possible. Top to bottom I believe we have more athletes than we did last year. This group knows how to win in tough situations and big games as they proved so last year. We will see how the season shapes out, but I think those who are saying we could be better this year could very possibly be spot on with that prediction!

Ah-Ha!I knew you all were the best team in the region!We are just trying to make the playoffs!

I hope not haha..there's always that pregame speech...coach king used to tell us.do you all want to be the kingston team to lose to Harriman? And that fired us up.

Lol....that's some funny stuff. My senior year was King's first year as head coach at Kingston. We handed him his first career loss (7-3) in front of a packed house over at Nat Sugarman Memorial. I thought we were the last Harriman team to beat Kingston but that was 29 years ago. Someone else mentioned a 21 game streak. I'll have to be pulling for the Big Blue. My kid graduated from RW so now it's time to come back home. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!! Hope they wear Kingston out........then dedicate the victory in memory of Coach Joe Bell (Def Coord 1984-1987 HHS). That man is what turned Harrimans program around in the 80's. Best coach I ever played under. RIP Coach