South Pittsburg vs Seqatchie (Grider against this Caine man)

Roy Dillard

I would love to hear about my friends from So Pitt without the input from Roy. I realize he is an icon around Pirate land but that red neck jargon has really gotten old for us readers from outside the area. And for the record... I am not kidding either.

I'm from over in West Tennessee but I read Roy's post every day-- have for years and still enjoy them!

I'm like Jim Harbaugh in the sense of I have extreme confidence in our players and coaching staff and will call a victory as I see it. Have I been wrong before? Well Sure. But I guarantee you everyone else has on here too. I may question play calling at times but one thing I do know is that our coaches work their tails off to get our boys prepared and that every playcall is called for a reason. Like with Seatle in the Super Bowl a couple years back I still don't understand that one but it was called for a reason. If you look at this game SP had chances to get up 2 scores easily but just failed to execute. That's how the ball bounces sometimes. Even Caine acknowledged that in the paper and said when it looked bad at times his guys kept fighting. We will be just fine. As someone said earlier, coaches coach but players have to play. Tana told me one time that Saban would always tell his team it doesn't matter if he calls a play or if they were to draw it in the dirt it would fail without simple execution. A lot of truth to that.

Powerp dont give us this mess. You run that yapper last week and made that Caine man real mad. You made our boys think they could just show up and not try real hard and win. I garuntee you Grider is probably real mad at you. You think im joking but im not.

Powerp dont give us this mess. You run that yapper last week and made that Caine man real mad. You made our boys think they could just show up and not try real hard and win. I garuntee you Grider is probably real mad at you. You think im joking but im not.

That Caine man did not get mad. He had a good game plan and adjusted well and his players believed they could win

You mentioned Coach Caine made some good adjustments. How did he adjust? The radio broadcast sounded like we moved the ball really well early on, but faded later in the game.

I didn't really see any adjustments. Sequatchie just kept doing what they were doing and kinda wore SP down on defense. The main difference was the poor play calling by SP in second half.

Did Lilly cramp up? I saw in the paper he only had 6 runs all night? I know sequatchie's defense is good, but did they scare vic not to run the football more? I really think Sequatchie may go undefeated in regular season. They won't see anymore speed like SP in the regular season  I don't think.. I could be wrong, but they have a chance to have Dunlap buzzing this year.. Notre Dame will put them out again in playoffs, but until then, it'll be a fun fall for the people of Dunlap.