Milan vs Trenton

In '98 Milan lost to Huntingdon in the regular season who was the #1 team in the state. In the playoffs the beat the #1-4 ranked teams in the state to win the championship including a rematch with Huntingdon. In the championship game they beat an undefeated Lipscomb team who also had Mr. Football. Everyone said we would get destroyed. We won.

The next year we moved up to 3A and did it again. Beating a South Side team with future nfl player Jabari Greer and beating an undefeated Portland team for the title. Again everyone said we would get destroyed. We won.

Many wins over Goodpasture teams with D1 talent. I can go on.

As far as Bowling goes he is the man and a great coach. 3 gold balls is awesome. Morris has two gold and four silver. I'll take it.

That's fine if you just judge a coach by that. There are many great coaches that don't get opportunities that Morris and Bowling have. I know Bowling is a good coach but he had the best Dyersburg team ever in 2007 and got put out in the 2nd round. He has so much talent for a 1a school in Union City. Trenton out coached both teams last year without Vowell. 

That's fine if you just judge a coach by that. There are many great coaches that don't get opportunities that Morris and Bowling have. I know Bowling is a good coach but he had the best Dyersburg team ever in 2007 and got put out in the 2nd round. He has so much talent for a 1a school in Union City. Trenton out coached both teams last year without Vowell.

I agree with most of what you just said. Except the last part. Trenton did not out oath Milan last year. One man beat us last year on sheer athletic ability. We were ahead in the game the entire time except for the last 30 secs. And that was because of great ability on the part of Malone. Busted plays all night because Milan was coached to be in the correct spots. He just improvised and pulled the rabbit out of the hat when it mattered.

Not as big of a deal as y'all think, they have some other pretty good players to go a long with a good scheme.

You think South Gibson's triple option offense is a good scheme? They are undersized with

a weak passing game. That's gonna be really tough to stop. NOT!

By the way, losing a guy like Dysart, who could take it to the house at anytime, significantly

hurts that team. Clearly the best player they had. They will finish 5th again, and not

make it to the playoffs.

You think South Gibson's triple option offense is a good scheme? They are undersized with

a weak passing game. That's gonna be really tough to stop. NOT!

By the way, losing a guy like Dysart, who could take it to the house at anytime, significantly

hurts that team. Clearly the best player they had. They will finish 5th again, and not

make it to the playoffs.

Heck no! They will at least finish 4th by default because Westview is horrible this year. 

South Gibson's best player and leading rusher from a year ago Dysart is no longer with the team. He was a special player. Without him they will struggle against us.

Does anyone know the reason this young man is no longer on the team?  Did he transfer out of the area to another school or is he just not playing football because of discipline or other reasons?  It seems like it is being kept hush hush.

Does anyone know the reason this young man is no longer on the team? Did he transfer out of the area to another school or is he just not playing football because of discipline or other reasons? It seems like it is being kept hush hush.

I heard several weeks ago from a source within the school that it was discipline reasons.

Absolutely! If he had half the community support and resources that Milan has he would have won more. Every championship team Morris has had he has had great players. Has he ever beat a team that was more talented? Tabs Northside team almost beat the same Liberty team y'all got destroyed by twice. Plus y'all underachieved last year with the talent y'all had. I think when y'all get Ward it will be an upgrade. If you just go by trophy cases than Darren Bowling is the best coach in this area and we all know any legit coach can win in that situation.

One other thing, Northside lost to Liberty last year by 3tds. They did not almost beat them. Yes Liberty took us to the woodshed pretty good. But at least we could move the ball some and score against Liberty both times we played them. Northside was shut out.

I was merely responding to where you asked if Morris had ever beaten a team that was more talented. Wanted to provide you with several examples.

IMO, these two teams staff's have the quality present that I don't think the game will be won on the headset. winning at Milan has been rare commodity for oppositions over the years, and most likely Trenton will have to do something special to get the W as well as play mistake free football. That being said I wouldn't count them out either! Hopefully it will be a competitive game. And by the way, as much community support and boosters as Milan has, how come they don't do something to correct that crested field?