Gallatin vs Mt Juliet

GWAVE1

Good job by the Bears tonight, way to step up on Defense. But by god that was the worst special teams performance from a high school football team I've ever witnessed. Missed extra point, fumbled punt, snap over the punters head for a safety, etc etc.... Gallatin needs a coaching change bad, to have mediocre special teams with the same coach for 4 years straight is a definite problem. Whereas MJ has always made special teams a focal point, as you see it pays off.

I think that has been a point of contention from the fans. Surely somebody can at least kick a PAT. I know the kicker is hurt but don't we have a soccer team? Good win for MJ. Trey finally got the monkey from his back.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job by the Bears tonight, way to step up on Defense. But by god that was the worst special teams performance from a high school football team I've ever witnessed. Missed extra point, fumbled punt, snap over the punters head for a safety, etc etc.... Gallatin needs a coaching change bad, to have mediocre special teams with the same coach for 4 years straight is a definite problem. Whereas MJ has always made special teams a focal point, as you see it pays off.

The thing I noticed on top of what other posted on here, is the fact that Gallatin got warn down.  They were sucking wind before half time.  The other thing I noticed is the line of scrimmage was controlled by MJ.  The defensive line gave Gallatin fits and MJ offensive line is very big and pounded on Gallatin.  

It was good to seem some old friends tonight and catch up.  This MJ game brings back old memories.  Good win MJ. 

Valid point. We will see what happens I think Gallatin wins by 2 scores if it is true that beech pushed mj's line around.

uh? Gallatin by 2 scores?? wow! pretty interesting that you can run down MJ on here, make that type of prediction, have it handed to ya, and then be silent??

I think everything I've thought about this crew becomes more and more evident every year. When you field a team that goes out there on a Friday night, where I've seen MIDDLE SCHOOL teams have better special teams, that's pretty evident that the right things aren't being done through the week to put them in a winning situation. Seriously, what coach thinks they are honestly going to win a game if you can't make extra points, can't punt the ball, or can't kick a freakin' football to the 20 yard line on a kickoff? They should, and had better be absolutely embarrassed for not having them more prepared than that. There is no excuse for that. I can live with the fact that MJ won, because they played hard, and looked more like a COMPLETE team in all phases (O, D, Spec. teams). Gallatin did play hard on defense, but there is only so much you can ask out of them with their backs against the wall, giving MJ a short field to work with the entire night. Wave RB core seems very solid, any team would LOVE to have those men in their backfield. Hope Hayes can get back healthy. But in all, what an absolute embarrassment that this was the special teams unit that Gallatin has fielded this year. Spec. Teams used to be a very strong point for Gallatin consistently every single year until these past couple seasons. Now it looks like they hardly put any time or effort in that department. Other schools send their kickers to get trained with all summer, but it's pretty evident Gallatin thinks that isn't needed. Hopefully they took notes after watching MJ special teams, they have a week to improve on it.

Edited by thegreatone36

uh? Gallatin by 2 scores?? wow! pretty interesting that you can run down MJ on here, make that type of prediction, have it handed to ya, and then be silent??

Well first off, he's clearly an Hville fan, so I'm sure he could care less what happened. And how is MJ being "run down" just because of a score prediction? Some people were predicting a Gallatin win, because they had won the previous 3 years.

Well first off, he's clearly an Hville fan, so I'm sure he could care less what happened. And how is MJ being "run down" just because of a score prediction? Some people were predicting a Gallatin win, because they had won the previous 3 years.

I predicted a Gallatin win based on what I saw last week when MJ came to Beech. Apparently a different team showed up or Gallatin is in bad shape.

Edited by eers

As a Beech fan, I hope Gallatin and Station Camp keep their coaches just as they are.

I'm sorry that I wasn't here to respond as soon as you would have liked. I guess you have nothing better to do. I have always said that I hope MJ had a great season, but I don't feel the hc will ever come out from his father's shadow while he is always looking over his shoulder. I think both teams looked bad at times Gallatin was just worse and I'll agree that it looks like special teams are neglected by Gallatin's coaching staff. MJ will never survive 6a football with a one dimensional offense and a defense that gives up over 250 yards to one player. I don't think that the MJ defense looked as good as Gallatin looked bad and couldn't convert opportunities. Tp has a long way to go this year especially with CR next week. They have a lot more athletes than MJ does. I'll just have to see it to believe it because it's been nothing but disappointment in this city since little p took over.

I am a Hendersonville fan but I want my community to get behind our local program here. It has gotten worse over the past 3 years and I'm tired of seeing the kids getting lost in the mix of tp's grudges and Napoleon complex. His father was a good coach but it doesn't mean he will be. I hope for success for our kids but it takes more leadership from the hc for that to happen. I grew up watching Bruce Hatfield on the sidelines and leading his players not belittling them.

Edited by hhs00

One thing I will say, fans of both teams showed up in great numbers. I was pleasantly surprised. I expect MJ fans will keep it up, Gallatin fans will not come in quite as deep next week, cause people are tired of watching mediocrity. Plenty of good athletes on this team, really hope they don't let this go to waste....

I expect MJ will be ready for Cane Ridge in a tough game. Gallatin has tons of work to do getting ready for a solid Springfield team.