Gallatin vs Mt Juliet

GWAVE1

My Juliet gets their tuneup tonight against Beech. Gallatin did not look good against a tough Wilson Central team. My Juliet wants revenge and a good way to start the season off right is to beat Gallatin at home.

MJ sports a huge line and some solid skill players. Raines has to be accounted for at all times. Gallatin has an abundance of skill players and boasts Mason who had over 1600 yards last year on the ground. This is a solid test for both squads.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Juliet gets their tuneup tonight against Beech. Gallatin did not look good against a tough Wilson Central team. My Juliet wants revenge and a good way to start the season off right is to beat Gallatin at home.

MJ sports a huge line and some solid skill players. Raines has to be accounted for at all times. Gallatin has an abundance of skill players and boasts Mason who had over 1600 yards last year on the ground. This is a solid test for both squads.

I agree with you Wave. Should be great game. MJ's big's need to dominate the line of scrimmage and control the ball to keep Gallatin's talented backfield off the field. Who ever wins the line of scrimmage will win the game ; excluding turnovers.

Bucs dominated the Bears at the line of scrimmage. As usual, MJ has great looking athletes and lots of them. Beech's d just whipped them at the line and smothered their offense all night. MJ passing game looked a little shakey, which helped the Bucs. Beech's front 4 were able to get a lot of penetration which shut down MJ''s read option. MJ has talent, just not sure the right guy is calling the shots on the sidelines. Just the opinion of an outsider who has watched them play for years.

Edited by tandem

The Bear nation wasn't so sure about their team tonight. I watched Beech run the ball the entire game, Beech maybe threw it 1 time. I don't know if it's play calling or what. No disrespect to the Bear nation but I see them going to 0-2 the first 2 games.. They will win some games in the region because the region not strong

It's hysterical how many athletes we are fielding this year and yet we can't compete with decent teams. Yes I said Decent, Beech is solid but they're definitely not world beaters, neither is Station Camp. Here we find ourselves getting our tails whooped at the line of scrimmage with all of these big "studs" up front. Something has to change or else this will be a yet another disappointing season.

Decent is a good word for Beech. I think they are improving, but nowhere near great. MJ sure looks like a good 6A school off the bus. I'm sure they kept their offense very basic, as did Beech. I kept waiting for one of MJ's skill guys to stand out but none of them really did. In know I'm a dinosaur but I still prefer my Rb to be running down hill when he takes the handoff. I think mixing in more passing and the threat of a qb run on the read option would help MJ.

It's hysterical how many athletes we are fielding this year and yet we can't compete with decent teams. Yes I said Decent, Beech is solid but they're definitely not world beaters, neither is Station Camp. Here we find ourselves getting our tails whooped at the line of scrimmage with all of these big "studs" up front. Something has to change or else this will be a yet another disappointing season.

I am sure Mt Juliet kept it simple. No need to showcase what they can really do. I know for a fact that they won the linemen challenge up at Gallatin and MJ Football has been very vocal about how strong those kids are. I expect a very determined team come Friday. Like it was stated, they have plenty of athletes along with those big hogs up front.

Bucs dominated the Bears at the line of scrimmage. As usual, MJ has great looking athletes and lots of them. Beech's d just whipped them at the line and smothered their offense all night. MJ passing game looked a little shakey, which helped the Bucs. Beech's front 4 were able to get a lot of penetration which shut down MJ''s read option. MJ has talent, just not sure the right guy is calling the shots on the sidelines. Just the opinion of an outsider who has watched them play for years.

Thanks for the info. MJ's line is what has worried me. no mean streak. If you cant block doesn't matter what kind of athlete you have.