Gallatin vs Mt Juliet

GWAVE1

So it's time for week 0. It seems like it took forever for football season to get here this year. At this point MJ has FIVE former/current head coaches on the staff and it sounds like they have too many rosters and not enough chickens, or one little rooster that can't keep it all together. I still hope they have a good season for the kids. They make the playoffs regardless. I agree with mj about how things go silent when nothing goes their way. They have to get it together! This town doesn't really care anymore from what I'm hearing. When you live in a town this size and you can't have standing room only at every game it is a message being sent. I think they need to put their strength coach in charge of the offense,but what do I know. He just seems to be someone all the kids will play for. TP takes advantage of him because he is an alumni and brother in law. We will see how things turn out this year but my thought is 4-6 5-5. I think Gallatin has mj's number the same way mj has centrals. He just can't beat them. I'll check back later to see everyone's thoughts.

Interesting post. 

Honestly, I am surprised the strength coach is still there.  I m not talking due to head coach due to I have no clue about him, but from the standpoint that he seems to be one of the best out there from what I have heard.  

Beyond all that stuff, this is usually always a fantastic game to go to.  I hope to get some feedback from some friends that will be attending the game.  I will probably end up going to a Rutherford County game though. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He came very close to coming to Gallatin before last year. He was by far the best kicker I have ever seen. His punts were towering and his kick offs were the deepest past the end zone. Wilhoit is definitely a huge asset to have on a staff. I imagine that he has kids chomping at the bit just to get coached by him. Gallatin's have been a work in progress this year. I did notice a new kicker in the last scrimmage on kickoff. I also saw the sophomore dressed out who has been hurt.

Me too. Big expectations this year. MJ has solid athletes and a huge strong line. Being the opening game, I expect a packed house over there. MJ wants some revenge for the past few years. All of that spells trouble for Gallatin. Looking forward to see if Gallatin can answer that challenge.

I think the crowds would be bigger if there was a couple of wins under their belts goinh into this game, but hopefully a good crowd will show. For Gallatin, they get to have the first taste of what the Bears are going to be this year. Jamboree is only two quarters of limited starters playing time. What will happen when these guys knock heads for 4 quarters? Can't wait to see.

Honeslty toggling around quarterbacks the past few seasons have really hurt us, it's not very common to hear of first year QB's having an amazing season. Now I believe we have an ex Wideout in the QB role. Also our Running back core seems to be stale, two key positions that worry me. It's hard to find success without them.

What's your take from what you have seen of the Bears so far? Can this an 8-2 or better team that can make a run at the title?

What's your take from what you have seen of the Bears so far? Can this an 8-2 or better team that can make a run at the title?

Positives: Size, Strength, experienced, depth, best defense in the last 3 years, Good wideouts.

Negatives: not enough athletes, lack of speed, no cutting edge playmakers, no mean streak for the Oline, inexperienced QB, not a very good RB core.

Honestly if I had to predict based on the last 3 seasons I would say 7-3 would take a miracle, as this group of guys have always had trouble closing out games. I see another 5-5, 6-4 type season, which would be a huge disappointment considering Murphy Fair predicted MJ in the top 5 in 6a.

Positives: Size, Strength, experienced, depth, best defense in the last 3 years, Good wideouts.

Negatives: not enough athletes, lack of speed, no cutting edge playmakers, no mean streak for the Oline, inexperienced QB, not a very good RB core.

Honestly if I had to predict based on the last 3 seasons I would say 7-3 would take a miracle, as this group of guys have always had trouble closing out games. I see another 5-5, 6-4 type season, which would be a huge disappointment considering Murphy Fair predicted MJ in the top 5 in 6a.

Did the kid who left for East Nashville put that much of a hurt on the runningbacks? Raines is a top playmaker on film. Last year he was a difference maker.