Cleveland vs Sevier Co

fooseball95

Sevier fans say that are rebuilding and are down after their trip to the championship last year but I'm not buying it lol. We all know they have a great program and no matter if they are down, will be good. Cleveland comes in under Cummings in his 2nd season. Cleveland has speed all over the field but are still young. They also were forced to start a new QB because they didn't know if their QB from last year would be eligible because of a fight that he started against soddy and he is now a WR/DB. So thats a big question. Cleveland has lots potential but are probably still 1 year away.

Edited by fooseball95

Cummings did a great job at West and took a program that most considered a losing cause and made them very good and finally winning the state championship. It kind of reminds me of Ted Wilson when he was at Maryville and built them into a dynasty over fifteen years went 146-27-2 with three state titles, 2 runner ups with a 92% winning percentage and also was a graduate of Maryville. Ted retired for one year and just about went bananas and went on to Kingsport where the grass was even greener for football players just as Cummings did to Cleveland. He stayed 11 years and went 96-26 with a winning percentage of 82% but could never climb to the very top of the mountain like he did at Maryville. Could the same happen to Cummings as did Wilson. He is a great coach and was just what the doctor ordered for West. It will be very interesting to see how his tenure plays out at Cleveland and I'm sure he wouldn't have left his Alma mater had the deal not been right but the difference between Cleveland and West is that he will be expected to win championships just as it was expected of Wilson at Kingsport.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Cummings did a great job at West and took a program that most considered a losing cause and made them very good and finally winning the state championship. It kind of reminds me of Ted Wilson when he was at Maryville and built them into a dynasty over fifteen years went 146-27-2 with three state titles, 2 runner ups with a 92% winning percentage and also was a graduate of Maryville. Ted retired for one year and just about went bananas and went on to Kingsport where the grass was even greener for football players just as Cummings did to Cleveland. He stayed 11 years and went 96-26 with a winning percentage of 82% but could never climb to the very top of the mountain like he did at Maryville. Could the same happen to Cummings as did Wilson. He is a great coach and was just what the doctor ordered for West. It will be very interesting to see how his tenure plays out at Cleveland and I'm sure he wouldn't have left his Alma mater had the deal not been right but the difference between Cleveland and West is that he will be expected to win championships just as it was expected of Wilson at Kingsport.

you really never know. Next season cleveland should have a chance at making a deep run.

you really never know. Next season cleveland should have a chance at making a deep run.

The one thing about it is that Benny Monroe will always be the best coach that Cleveland has ever had and he was an assistant under Wilson at Maryville for a couple of years and a big part of the 1970 State Championship Team that beat Cleveland in the championship at Loudon High School 42-14. He even brought one of his teams into Maryville and scored 70 points on us. Not sure what happened or how he got away from Clevland but I'm sure people have to miss those day's for sure down there.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Sevier fans say that are rebuilding and are down after their trip to the championship last year but I'm not buying it lol. We all know they have a great program and no matter if they are down, will be good. Cleveland comes in under Cummings in his 2nd season. Cleveland has speed all over the field but are still young. They also were forced to start a new QB because they didn't know if their QB from last year would be eligible because of a fight that he started against soddy and he is now a WR/DB. So thats a big question. Cleveland has lots potential but are probably still 1 year away.

Sounds like we may have a very good match up if you all are young because the Bears are certainly young. The Bears will start a sophmore at several positions including QB. This Kid is going to be a stud but he will have some learning curve and I expect the Blue Raiders will be a tough D. Who are cleveland best players? For the Bears its the Kicker he is a stud. Home field will help the Bears and there seems to be a fair amount of swagger left over from last years team so I think this Bears squad can compete. Defensivly is where the jury is still out IMHO. Can the Bears stop the big play? If the Bears limit big plays and take care of the football they should be able to win a close game with the leg of the kicker. Im not joking this kicker is legit. Im not even going to predict a score because everybody on this board knows Im no good at that. As long as Bears have 1 more than the Raiders when the horn sounds is all that matters. Good luck to your team and travel safe dont forget to visit Dolly while in town.

GoBears!!

Sounds like we may have a very good match up if you all are young because the Bears are certainly young. The Bears will start a sophmore at several positions including QB. This Kid is going to be a stud but he will have some learning curve and I expect the Blue Raiders will be a tough D. Who are cleveland best players? For the Bears its the Kicker he is a stud. Home field will help the Bears and there seems to be a fair amount of swagger left over from last years team so I think this Bears squad can compete. Defensivly is where the jury is still out IMHO. Can the Bears stop the big play? If the Bears limit big plays and take care of the football they should be able to win a close game with the leg of the kicker. Im not joking this kicker is legit. Im not even going to predict a score because everybody on this board knows Im no good at that. As long as Bears have 1 more than the Raiders when the horn sounds is all that matters. Good luck to your team and travel safe dont forget to visit Dolly while in town.

GoBears!!

I thought the Sevier QB looked really good against Heritage the other Night. If this kid is a sophomore there will be good things a head.

The one thing about it is that Benny Monroe will always be the best coach that Cleveland has ever had and he was an assistant under Wilson at Maryville for a couple of years and a big part of the 1970 State Championship Team that beat Cleveland in the championship at Loudon High School 42-14. He even brought one of his teams into Maryville and scored 70 points on us. Not sure what happened or how he got away from Clevland but I'm sure people have to miss those day's for sure down there.

Cummings came to Cleveland because it being a smaller school system than Knox county. On top of that he pretty much runs all of Cleveland youth so he's hands on from the the youth thry high school. Also Cleveland is a good program that has lots of athletes. We just have had bad coaching until Crawford came. Crawford was there 3 years and took them to the semifinals. Our program needs stability and someone to get it back to the level that we were whenever I played. I think Cummings is the man for the job and he is doing a great job. I was apart of that Cleveland team that put 70 pts on maryville haha, lots of respect for maryville program. And lastly coach Monroe left Cleveland because of Cleveland's athletic director but that's a story for another day.

GoBears!!

Clevelands back field are the key guys. They are all track guys who can run like deer, but arent the biggest guys. If they get to the 2nd level, they will be very hard to catch. Also they have a Allstate WR in Syler Davis who is about 6'3 and will go up and get it. The QB that we had last year was very very athletic but not a accurate passer. But he's playing WR/Db this year because of a fight during bball season, the coaches didn't know if he would be eligible so the coaches had to go with the next guy. Our new QB is as athletic but is accurate, which tells me that Cummings may throw more this year.

GoBears!!

players to watch for the Raiders:

#1 Skylar Davis

#21 Keegan Jones

#7 Micaleous Elder

#2 Romeo Wykle

#17 Robert Anderson

#9 Logan Stutzman

#15 Seth Garcia