Hampton hosts the Vikings.

pujo

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've got a lot of close friends and family that live in Avery and some actually plays for the Vikes. And I usually am pulling for them unless they are playing Any One but the Landers. But I will say that the game that they(AC) plays daily and the game that some of the teams West of the NC, TN State, are 2 different styles of Football. With that being said I just hope for an injury free game on both sides of the ball. And I'm gonna say the TN Team by 4+ scores. That's not saying anything bad or insulting anyone. Just my opinion. Actually I'm gonna say Hampton by what JR wants to put on the score board. I Hate winter coming anymore but just so glad its time for some Football.

From the Asheville Citizen.They do good job covering WNC high school football.

AVERY COUNTY at HAMPTON (Tenn.)

Last year: Hampton beat Avery County, 54-17.

Notes: One is not always the loneliest number. Avery County and Christian Hicks (321 yards, four touchdowns) were one of four WNC teams to win one game in 2015. The Vikings should be able to improve on their worst season since 1971 with Van McCollum (157 yards and one touchdown with no interceptions) getting more reps at quarterback and ace receiver Brett Smith (31 receptions for 468 yards and six touchdowns) back in the mix. Steven Sanchez wrapped up 60 tackles last fall and made a half-dozen field goals, including three from 40 or more yards. Hampton racked up 559 yards of total offense in last year’s game versus Avery County.

Pick: Hampton by 21.

I really don't see Sanchez stopping McClain even in the first Qtr! If he was lead tackler last year and they rely on him to stop the Ground Pound then he could have a long evening. Just out matched! This is just my opinion tho!

Hampton has a much bigger stronger Sanchez,It won't take long for Avery to get aquainted. An Absolute Beast on both sides of the ball. Pretty sure is #47.