Jefferson County at GCA

theroyz71

The Spencer Riley era at Jefferson County officially begins this Friday as the Patriots travel to Karns to take on Grace Christian Academy.  The Patriots handled Grace 48-21 last year but there are a lot of new faces on both sides of the ball to go along with a new offense.  Both teams will have new starting quarterbacks. 

I think the game could be close for a while but I'm hoping that in the end, Jefferson County's depth wears Grace down.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spencer Riley era at Jefferson County officially begins this Friday as the Patriots travel to Karns to take on Grace Christian Academy. The Patriots handled Grace 48-21 last year but there are a lot of new faces on both sides of the ball to go along with a new offense. Both teams will have new starting quarterbacks.

I think the game could be close for a while but I'm hoping that in the end, Jefferson County's depth wears Grace down.

That's my take on this game as well. JC's depth should be the deciding factor in the end. JC 28 GCA 14

GCA lost 22 seniors off last years team and to my knowledge they didn't get any transfers in which will make it extra tough. Last year GCA should of gave a better game but things just didn't work out that way. I was heading to the Heritage and Maryville game but since the QB for the Mountaineers will be out most of the season that game won't be worth ten cents to watch. I have a family member that is on GCA so I will most likely go to this game now. Jefferson should win big but in all reality this game should have never been scheduled in the first place.

GCA lost 22 seniors off last years team and to my knowledge they didn't get any transfers in which will make it extra tough. Last year GCA should of gave a better game but things just didn't work out that way. I was heading to the Heritage and Maryville game but since the QB for the Mountaineers will be out most of the season that game won't be worth ten cents to watch. I have a family member that is on GCA so I will most likely go to this game now. Jefferson should win big but in all reality this game should have never been scheduled in the first place.

You're probably right Barney but the overwhelming consensus last year was that Grace was going to win going away.  Of course, Grace was coming off a 10-4 season while Jefferson County was coming off a 2-8 season, their worst in school history. 

It sounds like both schools are in rebuilding mode.

Edited by theroyz71

You're probably right Barney but the overwhelming consensus last year was that Grace was going to win going away.  Of course, Grace was coming off a 10-4 season while Jefferson County was coming off a 2-8 season, their worst in school history. 

It sounds like both schools are in rebuilding mode.

Yep I remember. I think the boys got the big head when they played Clinton in a scrimmage and won and started counting chickens before they were hatched but that's the mindset of a high school kid and you can't tell them anything because they already know it all.

Yep I remember. I think the boys got the big head when they played Clinton in a scrimmage and won and started counting chickens before they were hatched but that's the mindset of a high school kid and you can't tell them anything because they already know it all.

Barney I'm taking Grace in a very close game!Don't know why,just have a feeling.😮