Science Hill at Elizabethton

BigDave1967

I wasn't at that game but I was listening online and it was definitely another classic between these two. Honestly, I wasn't all that impressed with either team to start the game but as the game wore on they seemed to settle down a bit I came away pretty impressed with both. This was a game no one deserved to lose but I'm glad my Toppers came out with the W.

A few notes from me: Ahmik Watterson made a name for himself tonight. I can't believe this kid is just a sophomore. Holy cow does Stacy Carter have something special on his hands! The two long td runs from him saved the game for the Toppers.

The backup QB (Blankenship) came in in the 3rd quarter and the offense seemed to find their groove. I'm wondering what this means for Jaylan Adams now. I'm not sure I see him starting another game at QB this season. He's got the legs but he just doesn't have the arm and it showed tonight.

Proud of the SH defense. They didn't look good to start the game but they made some big plays down the stretch to secure the win.

As for Elizabethton, you all have a good team and you're going to win a lot of games this year. I think you just ran out of gas there at the end.

Edited by TFL2001

I wasn't at that game but I was listening online and it was definitely another classic between these two. Honestly, I wasn't all that impressed with either team to start the game but as the game wore on they seemed to settle down a bit I came away pretty impressed with both. This was a game no one deserved to lose but I'm glad my Toppers came out with the W.

A few notes from me: Ahmik Watterson made a name for himself tonight. I can't believe this kid is just a sophomore. Holy cow does Stacy Carter have something special on his hands! The two long td runs from him saved the game for the Toppers.

The backup QB (Blankenship) came in in the 3rd quarter and the offense seemed to find their groove. I'm wondering what this means for Jaylan Adams now. I'm not sure I see him starting another game at QB this season. He's got the legs but he just doesn't have the arm and it showed tonight.

Proud of the SH defense. They didn't look good to start the game but they made some big plays down the stretch to secure the win.

As for Elizabethton, you all have a good team and you're going to win a lot of games this year. I think you just ran out of gas there at the end.

Let Us know how your QB is doing because he took a shot.He is a good athlete.

Wow, what a game! So glad I chose to attend this one this week. Very hard played game. Congrats to players on both teams. I've seen this matchup 2 years in a row now, and I still believe SH has the more athletic team, but Elizabethton is tough and won't back up. It's a good thing for Carter that he has had better athletes at SH and also when he coached at South, because Witten would outcoach him if the teams were dead even in talent.

Hope there were no big injuries and good luck to both teams next week.

Edited by Pudding

IMO the Cyclones Defense has been the soft spot in this rivalry game for years. The defense seems to always allow at least one if not two big plays in the game while the offense almost always keeps it close. I'm not saying that the defense is bad, just that it is the weaker side of the ball and is more influenced by SH's depth. I'm very proud of the Cyclones for always playing their hearts out and competing with a team that should probably be able to lay the wood to them but has failed to do so.

Let Us know how your QB is doing because he took a shot.He is a good athlete.

Are you talking about Jaylan Adams? He started at QB last night. As far as I know, he's okay. I still think Blankenship will get the start next week vs BC. He came in and managed the offense just fine. In fact, the offense seemed to move down the field quite a bit better once he took over.

Edited by TFL2001

Are you talking about Jaylan Adams? He started at QB last night. As far as I know, he's okay. I still think Blankenship will get the start next week vs BC. He came in and managed the offense just fine. In fact, the offense seemed to move down the field quite a bit better once he took over.

Yea Adams and I will admit Blankenship looked good.Blankenship at QB and Adams at RB and SH will be a better team but that's just my opinion.