Upperman @ Monterey

TALMAD

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing UHS had 7 players out verses Cookeville, 3 starters. Could be a much different Bee team if true. 

I still believe it will be a good game! Once again coming down to 4th QTR and who is in better shape and wants it! Either way this game is going to be a emotional game for both teams! Too much going on for this not to be!!! If you live in Putnam County and love High school footbal Monterey is the place to be Friday night!!! Seen field this morning and it looks great and the seating is limited with NO visitor bleachers!!!

UC man didnt u say on a Single A thread that Upperman is way way down this year lol! Upperman can be down and play about any single A team and give them fits!!!

Yes UHS is way down, wont be going 13-1 or 9-3 like they have in 2 of the past 3 seasons. Still they have about 70 dressed out and play only about 4 both ways which means depth for Monterey's 2 way players will become a big issue like it always does in the second half. MHS best 11 are probably as good or better than UHS's best 11.......its the next 10-12 that usually makes the difference. I think it will be close but saying UHS wins. Hard for a school of 330 to compete with a school of 775. Just like its hard for them to compete with Cookeville's 2300

I still believe it will be a good game! Once again coming down to 4th QTR and who is in better shape and wants it! Either way this game is going to be a emotional game for both teams! Too much going on for this not to be!!! If you live in Putnam County and love High school footbal Monterey is the place to be Friday night!!! Seen field this morning and it looks great and the seating is limited with NO visitor bleachers!!!

the starters were out against Cookeville....hearing 3 will be back this week. I think it will be a slightly improved UHS team but not to the standards of last year. 

Yes UHS is way down, wont be going 13-1 or 9-3 like they have in 2 of the past 3 seasons. Still they have about 70 dressed out and play only about 4 both ways which means depth for Monterey's 2 way players will become a big issue like it always does in the second half. MHS best 11 are probably as good or better than UHS's best 11.......its the next 10-12 that usually makes the difference. I think it will be close but saying UHS wins. Hard for a school of 330 to compete with a school of 775. Just like its hard for them to compete with Cookeville's 2300

Agree with this! Glad UHS took that opening game away from Monterey lol! U should come out and watch the game Friday! Like i said i think the atmosphere alone will be worth it whether its a blow out by either team or a down to the last play like last year game!!!

Always a numbers excuse. Throw them numbers out there. Geeze. Numbers didn't come up in the UHS VS CHS game last year. Upperman supposed to have virtually all their linemen back this year. Supposed to be good. Good luck Talmad & the Monterey Wildcats.

Already making excuses UCMAN?

Edited by THE SQUAD

Always a numbers excuse. Throw them numbers out there. Geeze. Numbers didn't come up in the UHS VS CHS game last year. Upperman supposed to have virtually all their linemen back this year. Supposed to be good. Good luck Talmad & the Monterey Wildcats.

Already making excuses UCMAN?

I think everyone is counting Upperman out a little to quick. I guess tonight will either prove me wrong or the majority of you. May all the kids in all the games be injury free tonight.

Thanks Squad! As for ANYONE counting Upperman out its not Monterey!!! Im pretty sure we are the under dogs as usual!!! I also think Upperman has won the last several in a row against us!!! I promise you Coach Hughes has not counted any team we face out!!! Upperman will be fine!!! I hope for a great and injury free game!!! Monterey has been the team counted out for as long as i can rememebr and thats is basically the last 40 years lol! Good luck to all tonight and safe travels up the Mountain to all the BEE team!!! Come early!