Best QB in TN 16-17 Season All Classes

Bigboi20

all these stats were in 3 quarters. I don't think he passed or ran any in 4th quarter. Was replaced early in 4th during 32 point blowout of Cleveland.

And his yearly stats are less one game he didn't play. Plus he was hurt playing in MCMinn game. Last year he was good but this year I think the one thing that stands out is how much faster he is. Threw for 370 plus yards against the Bears while being chased most of the night. They made a couple line changes that have helped with that.

And his yearly stats are less one game he didn't play. Plus he was hurt playing in MCMinn game. Last year he was good but this year I think the one thing that stands out is how much faster he is. Threw for 370 plus yards against the Bears while being chased most of the night. They made a couple line changes that have helped with that.

whats yalls take on how he will do next year when hes "the guy". I've heard interesting thoughts on this from a couple of WV fans. some think he will continue to improve some expect a drop off with the supporting cast being less favorable. 

whats yalls take on how he will do next year when hes "the guy". I've heard interesting thoughts on this from a couple of WV fans. some think he will continue to improve some expect a drop off with the supporting cast being less favorable.

It will be interesting. Although the cupboard won't be quiet as bare as what some may think. They won't have the depth but the o line returns all but one including the best reserves. The Westfield kid finally got healthy and he can be as good as anyone they have now except he's bigger and faster. About 6 4 or 6 5 right now. He caught one last week and broke a tackle and was gone for a TD himself. Him staying healthy will be huge. They have about 5 sophs who chose not to play this year but 3 have said they are coming back out. A couple freshman have speed but not much size. One is actually a pretty tough runner. Or they could change the offense next year. Teach the one kid how to play tightend and load up the backfield with extra line men as blocking backs. The soph class has really good size at the line but only a couple skill players. They will probably be called on to play Linebacker. Only time will tell.

I think Gibson will personality improve, but I don't see much of a chance him numbers will be as good. He has 2 senior All-State caliber receivers & 2-3 other really good WR's, but only one of those will be back next year. Losing top 2 RB's too.

You're a nut. Read your posts over before you press send please.

shut up.. i dont care what you think about my posts.. crap competition= bigger numbers and production

good competition= only the big dogs put up the numbers and production

just bc a guy gets off vs lower quality competition does not mean that they are best in state it is really not that hard of a concept to grasp

I think Gibson will personality improve, but I don't see much of a chance him numbers will be as good. He has 2 senior All-State caliber receivers & 2-3 other really good WR's, but only one of those will be back next year. Losing top 2 RB's too.

I'd agree with this as a whole. The one they have coming back will or has the potential to be the best they've ever had. Period. His first two steps after the catch are explosive. His down fall is he has been hurt but the last injury was a hand injury that was actually healed quicker they just didn't need him with what they have. He will probably end up close to 6 ft 6 or 7. Very fast. Gibson is way faster this year than last. Next year they should have the best offensive line they've ever had of they stay healthy. Running back will be a huge question. They have another recieved who will help and another is supposed to come back out. Neither of the caliber they are losing. They should move one of the faster freshman to wide receiver. They are small but fast should grow. To me the biggest improvement this year ft first game to now has been the Oline pass blocking. Run block still needs work but the plays they run the qb they block well. Next year big thing for him. Stay healthy.

The quarterback at Smyrna is John Turner.  He is a MTSU commit.  He has had some huge games and only played a half.  His stats through 7 games:  91-127 (72% completion) for 1728 yards, 20 TDs, and 5 INTs in 7 games with a 137 QB Rating.  He had 1 game with a 168.8 QBR.  The Smyrna coaches put all of the kids stats on unapproved website.  His WRs are all inexperienced players.  Between all of them they had caught 9 passes in varsity games before this year.  He does play in 6A and in a tough region in addition to playing Independence out of region.

Which "Best teams from across the nation" has BA played in recent years?

Trinity, St Xavier from cincinatti, a team from Florida that won their state championship a last year university Christian school, MBA, ensworth, etc.. Not to mention scrimmaging Ravenwood the last 3 hrs 2 of which they went to state so yeah... They also have played olive branch Mississippi who historically is a powerhouse but fell off the last 2-3 yrs Edited by redzebra99

Trinity, St Xavier from cincinatti, a team from Florida that won their state championship a last year university Christian school, MBA, ensworth, etc.. Not to mention scrimmaging Ravenwood the last 3 hrs 2 of which they went to state so yeah... They also have played olive branch Mississippi who historically is a powerhouse but fell off the last 2-3 yrs

I guess your idea/definition of "Best Teams from Across The Nation" and mine are two different things BUT, with saying that it's just my opinion and I do think BA is one of the best programs in the state.