Best QB in TN 16-17 Season All Classes

Bigboi20

I understand what you meant but your logic is flawed. You are basing your determination of a QB rating solely upon the classification to which the QB plays in. However, the classification to which a QB plays in has NOTHING to do with that individuals level of talent. Nada. You actually don't know. Not too mention all of the other contributing factors that go into rating a QB, or any other position, for that matter. For all we know, the best QB in the state could be playing in D1, 1A. But, according to your logic, he couldn't be the best QB in the state just because he plays in 1A. The size of the classification is NOT a determining factor in rating who is the best QB in the state. 

You have no idea if the QBs in question would have a drop in production or not. There isn't any data to back up that claim. Its just an assumption ... with nothing to back it up. 

AMEN!!!!!!

I understand what you meant but your logic is flawed. You are basing your determination of a QB rating solely upon the classification to which the QB plays in. However, the classification to which a QB plays in has NOTHING to do with that individuals level of talent. Nada. You actually don't know. Not too mention all of the other contributing factors that go into rating a QB, or any other position, for that matter. For all we know, the best QB in the state could be playing in D1, 1A. But, according to your logic, he couldn't be the best QB in the state just because he plays in 1A. The size of the classification is NOT a determining factor in rating who is the best QB in the state. 

You have no idea if the QBs in question would have a drop in production or not. There isn't any data to back up that claim. Its just an assumption ... with nothing to back it up. 

yeah bc 1a is just crawling with insane talent everywhere.. size generally is a determining factor.. you plug a 1a  qb in a 6a game and 9/10 times they wouldnt do anything.. every now and then you'll come across the randall cobbs and bo wallaces of the world but generally thats rare... and yeah i actually do have data- the qb at baylor last season was a haywood county transfer and his production dropped off once he got to D2.. there are other examples as well but i feel like you guys think im bashing qbs that play 1a-4a.. its not true just know that

Edited by redzebra99

Guest hevyrevy1611

Subjective opinions are just that, and prone to be slanted & biased (just like mine are. Ha). One never knows another's capablilties until they are objectively tested. Look at how the true freshmen rookie QB's in the NFL are doing this year, amazingly good, & some of them from NoName Lil colleges that weren't national powerhouses. Putting everyone in same situation against same opponents with all other factors the same as well (same blocking, weather, time of day, stadium & crowd, etc, et al) is only way to objectively determine without bias who the "best" is for anything. Since that's not really possible, it'll always be argued from subjective biased opinions, and the triplets could of, would of, & should of will be the authorities on who is best. i.e. I think one of best unheralded NFL QB's to ever play game, but never got recognition nor accolades due to sub-par team he played on his entire career was Archie Manning at New Orleans Saints. Just my opinion. And for this topic, at HS level, this hometeam blinder-wearing biased poster will again say Dresser Winn at Dresden is in mix for best QB. So says me, Mr. Unobjective himself, and since >I< said so, it must be true, right? ..(I hope this is allowed, but here is his mid-season highlight reel. http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3528203/57ea7e5e0aff7ba25876ae44 . If this disallowed then an administrator will no doubt erase link.)

Edited by hevyrevy1611

but i feel like you guys think im bashing qbs that play 1a-4a.. its not true just know that

Quite the contrary. I don't think you are bashing at all. My point is this. You can't say that a QB can't be rated as the best in the state just because he plays in a lower classification. 

Yes, there are examples of QBs coming up to the big boys and not performing. There are also examples of QBs coming up to the big boys and excelling.

No one can say for sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that QBs that play in smaller classifications can not perform, if not better, when they get to a larger classification. You CAN'T use small, exclusive sample sizes and apply them to every situation. That, in and of itself, is faulty and just down right dangerous analysis. If it is not applied across the board with a very large sample size, it's just useless information.

No one here thinks you are bashing the guys from the smaller schools ... we just don't agree with your methodology in determining your outcome.

However ... it's your OPINION ... not a truth. Got it? When you start passing your opinion off as truth, that's where folks have an issue.

Edited by kwc

Quite the contrary. I don't think you are bashing at all. My point is this. You can't say that a QB can't be rated as the best in the state just because he plays in a lower classification. 

Yes, there are examples of QBs coming up to the big boys and not performing. There are also examples of QBs coming up to the big boys and excelling.

No one can say for sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that QBs that play in smaller classifications can not perform, if not better, when they get to a larger classification. You CAN'T use small, exclusive sample sizes and apply them to every situation. That, in and of itself, is faulty and just down right dangerous analysis. If it is not applied across the board with a very large sample size, it's just useless information.

No one here thinks you are bashing the guys from the smaller schools ... we just don't agree with your methodology in determining your outcome.

However ... it's your OPINION ... not a truth. Got it? When you start passing your opinion off as truth, that's where folks have an issue.

i agree and disagree with you on some stuff but thats ok bc your actually a logical poster and post rational things

it's where the best football is played at... Even from 4a to 6a is a big jump not saying you can't be good but you aren't gonna be the best in the state I'm sorry it's the truth

Member for three weeks? You phrase your opinions like someone else but I just cant put my finger on who it is??? The lofty praise of D2, the quick dismissal of lower division athletes, the use of ... often in posts, and the bold claims of "truth" telling. Man, I wish I could figure this out! 😳

Talent can be found across all classifications. To suggest otherwise is myopic.

Edited by Playerscoach

Member for three weeks? You phrase your opinions like someone else but I just cant put my finger on who it is??? The lofty praise of D2, the quick dismissal of lower division athletes, the use of ... often in posts, and the bold claims of "truth" telling. Man, I wish I could figure this out!

what are you talking about? i never said talent wasnt in other classifications

Member for three weeks? You phrase your opinions like someone else but I just cant put my finger on who it is??? The lofty praise of D2, the quick dismissal of lower division athletes, the use of ... often in posts, and the bold claims of "truth" telling. Man, I wish I could figure this out!

what are you insinuating by me being a member for 3 weeks? ive been wanting to join for a while and have just now got around to it