Metro Rankings

bleacher

No brainers would be finding a way for the recently successful teams like PC, CR, Stratford, Overton, Hillsboro, Maplewood... to get some big name games going. I think it could be a community effort to show off all of the great ball that is played in metro.

I know they all reside in metro, but they need to try to develop some individual neighborhood pride.

Jefferson Street (PC) vs. Green Hills/Edgehill/Wedgewood (Hillsboro), Cane Ridge vs. Inglewood/East Nasty (Stratford), Oak Hill/Melrose/Grassmere (Overton) vs. Gra-Mar (Maplewood).

Also wish that TSU/Vandy could continue to reach the olive branch out to get these games some more big name notoriety. Imagine a kick off classic first weekend at the hole. Overton vs. Hillsboro Friday night, Maplewood vs. Stratford Saturday afternoon, PC vs. Cane Ridge Saturday night. I'd buy a ticket for that and I live in Rutherford Co.

These Metro Rivalries would be great for metro. I had the opportunity to watch the top metro teams play this year and a Cane Ridge vs Pearl would be a great game. PC is really good but their schedule is a little watered downed compared CR. Look at what CR competed against vs PC. Granted they beat a struggling HB in the early part of the season but I really think that game would of went different after they got their Qb rolling. NO hate just my opinion. CPA isn't the same, MBA was a true test and LT looks great against their teams as they should. This game would be great to see. Both are well coached.

I wish you were required to use half of your non region games vs metro. I really wish Mcgavock, Overton and Antioch would use their 4 non district games against metro that would help a lot

No brainers would be finding a way for the recently successful teams like PC, CR, Stratford, Overton, Hillsboro, Maplewood... to get some big name games going. I think it could be a community effort to show off all of the great ball that is played in metro.

I know they all reside in metro, but they need to try to develop some individual neighborhood pride.

Jefferson Street (PC) vs. Green Hills/Edgehill/Wedgewood (Hillsboro), Cane Ridge vs. Inglewood/East Nasty (Stratford), Oak Hill/Melrose/Grassmere (Overton) vs. Gra-Mar (Maplewood).

I think that was the initiative that Pearl Cohn,Maplewood,Hillsboro and Lipscomb Academy took when they was having games at Vanderbilt. Granite there are still only a few schools that can bring a large crowd out. I think Metro should have one big game like that every year to start the year off.

These Metro Rivalries would be great for metro. I had the opportunity to watch the top metro teams play this year and a Cane Ridge vs Pearl would be a great game. PC is really good but their schedule is a little watered downed compared CR. Look at what CR competed against vs PC. Granted they beat a struggling HB in the early part of the season but I really think that game would of went different after they got their Qb rolling. NO hate just my opinion. CPA isn't the same, MBA was a true test and LT looks great against their teams as they should. This game would be great to see. Both are well coached.

I wish you were required to use half of your non region games vs metro. I really wish Mcgavock, Overton and Antioch would use their 4 non district games against metro that would help a lot

Your opinion is your opinion! But the facts say otherwise, PC has 4 teams off their schedule still playing right now CR has zero. Everyone knows PC gets stronger has the season goes on. So that Hillsboro game could've been worse, that CPA game would've been the same maybe would've gave up 7 points, MBA still would beat us but no where near as bad. Still think if we lined down against CR we would beat them also so water down schedule not so much. Edited by FIREBIRD80

I think Metro teams should play Metro but the downside is there's also not a lot of quality teams in metro year to year. Only teams that has been having production is Overton,PC,hillsboro. Now you have the knew comers Stratford and Cane ride. Also that will put Metro inside a box. Seems like Blackman/Oakland may not have the speed or athletes of a Metro team but are more discipline and could be metro in alot of ways

Liberty is still playing. CPA is still playing. MBA is still playing. Springfield is still playing. Hillsboro was in the second round of the 5A playoffs. Macon Co. was in the second round of the 4A playoffs. Maplewood was in the second round of the 4A playoffs.

That's a pretty solid schedule from where I'm sitting. They are 3-1 against teams playing in the quarterfinals of the playoffs. Impressive without question!

Granted that those teams are still in but im saying their region is weak and they will NEVER lose it let alone get challenged... Im not taking nothing from PC at all, I respect their program. I really don't think they been through the fire this year like CR has. Ridgeway will be a good test next week.

Weak compared to CR district? Is that what your saying? Are you saying PC should move the school to Knoxville or Memphis? You seen our non Region schedule compared to CR right? You know our strength of schedule is better then CR right? No knock to CR

Granted that those teams are still in but im saying their region is weak and they will NEVER lose it let alone get challenged... Im not taking nothing from PC at all, I respect their program. I really don't think they been through the fire this year like CR has. Ridgeway will be a good test next week.

Independence

Mt. Juliet

Hendersonville

Beech

Hillsboro

Gallatin

Summit

MBA

CPA

Hillsboro

Liberty Tech

Macon Co.

Springfield

Maplewood

At the end of tomorrow night both teams will have the same number of quality opponents (7).

Everyone said all year that Liberty would be a quality opponent and after they got smashed everyone was quick to change their mind. Didn't Liberty beat Henry County, Dyersburg, and Milan this year?

Naw they don't wanna lose to a 3A school not bout a gate cause we bring fans.

Firebird, I've been with you until you came out with the "we bring fans". MJ for example would get much bigger gates with Gallatin, Beech, etc., plus they were old district opponents. Now, I love the atmosphere of PC and I agree they are a great team and from a competition standpoint it would be beneficial, but not gate. I never knock metro but none of the metro teams really travel well (bussing and loss of community involvement may be the cause), but it's still the way it is. Metro vs metro rivalry games may get good gates, but those non-rivalry games don't bring a lot of people.

The other aspect, you get beat by 3A PC. Both are issues that make scheduling difficult.

Edited by eers