Metro Rankings

bleacher

OK thats my point say that don't get on here talking bout money. I can respect that answer better!

You can't save face and come out with that kind of reply. They will NEVER admit to that. There will ALWAYS be other factors to consider ... Always.

Come on now, you know how the game is played.

Last thing then I'll sit back and read. Maybe if we could get metro to play metro there would be more school spirit. Maybe if the kids were going against kids they knew or at least knew of they would travel. Most metro fans aren't going to columbia or somewhere an hour away.

Hey Work hope you're doing well. Let me try to shed some insight on this.  I feel that the true rivalries in Metro have faded compared to what they used to be.  Some may be because of scheduling others because a student may bounce around to 2-3 different schools before they graduate. My parents still talk about the Overton vs Antioch rivalry back in the day.  Times have just changed and it stinks as a Metro fan.  I use to spend my free Fridays at Jerry Pigue Stadium but now choose to go watch county rivalries and my other coaching buddies.

As far as playing Pearl.  They do a great job with those kids and its always fun to go eat a fish sandwich, listen to the band, and do it all while watching good football.  We didn't play Pearl in 2013-2014 because we got out rear ends handed to us by Riverdale in the 1st rd of the playoffs in 2012.  So to see where we stood and to prepare us for playing a Rutherford County school in the playoffs the next year I chose to play Smyrna and Riverdale.  Our kids needed to see that before the playoffs. Thats what really happened Firebird.

Good Luck to all the Metro Schools still playing.  I may go back to the old stomping grounds friday to see those Ravens.  They are having a great year I am proud of those Seniors

Hey Work hope you're doing well. Let me try to shed some insight on this. I feel that the true rivalries in Metro have faded compared to what they used to be. Some may be because of scheduling others because a student may bounce around to 2-3 different schools before they graduate. My parents still talk about the Overton vs Antioch rivalry back in the day. Times have just changed and it stinks as a Metro fan. I use to spend my free Fridays at Jerry Pigue Stadium but now choose to go watch county rivalries and my other coaching buddies.

As far as playing Pearl. They do a great job with those kids and its always fun to go eat a fish sandwich, listen to the band, and do it all while watching good football. We didn't play Pearl in 2013-2014 because we got out rear ends handed to us by Riverdale in the 1st rd of the playoffs in 2012. So to see where we stood and to prepare us for playing a Rutherford County school in the playoffs the next year I chose to play Smyrna and Riverdale. Our kids needed to see that before the playoffs. Thats what really happened Firebird.

Good Luck to all the Metro Schools still playing. I may go back to the old stomping grounds friday to see those Ravens. They are having a great year I am proud of those Seniors

I can respect that Coach!

lol Tru....Well since you hear what's the two best teams in the west who will be playing next week?

The two best huh?

I'mma have to go wif' The Haven (Whitehaven) and the Dirty Dova (Cordova)

But don't sleep on Trezevant or Lausanne

Edited by kwc