Metro Rankings

bleacher

Woodward had a losing record and left Antioch 4 yrs ago. Went to Brentwood, lost, and got fired. Should have never been rehired at Antioch, but was and went 3-8. Got fired again.

As for the "protest" most of those kids never went to a game and could care less. They were just being dramatic for the TV cameras. The kid talking on camera actually quit football. He had another agenda...

Woodward had a losing record and left Antioch 4 yrs ago. Went to Brentwood, lost, and got fired. Should have never been rehired at Antioch, but was and went 3-8. Got fired again.

As for the "protest" most of those kids never went to a game and could care less. They were just being dramatic for the TV cameras. The kid talking on camera actually quit football. He had another agenda...

Finally a voice of truth. Thank you bleacher. I will take advantage of this time to join with you and contradict some more claims. The principal would never try to sabotage the football coach. She would never rip up a p.o. for jerseys. Certainly the football program was still in debt from the previous coach instead of having over 5 figures in the account. I assure you that she certainly did not then go to certain coaches of other sports and tell them to put together a wish list because she had money for them to spend.  

So, what coach has had a winning record at Antioch recently? His record at Brentwood was because the coach before him knew he was going to be fired and made a two year schedule that even Gary Rankin could not win with. 

Antioch has made it's bed. Metro is in shambles

It's wrong. It is not right for any coach, absent some specific wrongdoing, to be fired on a principal's whim. That principal is only there because of my tax dollars. acoach stipends do not even begin to cover the time,sweat, and headaches that go with the job. The sole compensation is the sense of satisfaction of accomplishment for the kids.

Everybody is dancing around the elephant in the locker room. Woodward lost his job because he was white. And that is sad and sucks. Looks likis the new school chief did not know Metro does not have racial divides nowhere near deep as in Baltimore. At this rate, in 5 years, no one will be coaching in Metro unless they pass a certain "litmus" test.

It's wrong. It is not right for any coach, absent some specific wrongdoing, to be fired on a principal's whim. That principal is only there because of my tax dollars. acoach stipends do not even begin to cover the time,sweat, and headaches that go with the job. The sole compensation is the sense of satisfaction of accomplishment for the kids.

Everybody is dancing around the elephant in the locker room. Woodward lost his job because he was white. And that is sad and sucks. Looks likis the new school chief did not know Metro does not have racial divides nowhere near deep as in Baltimore. At this rate, in 5 years, no one will be coaching in Metro unless they pass a certain "litmus" test.

Really dude....The stuff I wanna say but I wanna stay on coacht smh. Edited by FBfan26

So, what coach has had a winning record at Antioch recently? His record at Brentwood was because the coach before him knew he was going to be fired and made a two year schedule that even Gary Rankin could not win with. 

Antioch has made it's bed. Metro is in shambles

Wish, I do, Own bed Antioch could make. New leadership, bad housekeepers, they are. 

May the fork be with you :thumb:

Really dude....The stuff I wanna say but I wanna stay on coacht smh.

Then express your comment in a way that doesn't get you thrown off CoachT. Don't blame me for that. Better yet, under these circumstances, you tell me WHY this principal let this coach go after 1 yr on the job. I am open to other reasons....waiting

Nail it 

Going to try to respond to all the posts.

Bleacher what coach has had a winning record at Antioch, not just recently like Hogan said, but ever. I'll wait on that one. Most good coaches of the past have done well just being .500 and making playoffs which is what Woodward did. He left to go to Brentwood with a very heavy heart but thought it was better for his career. He then got railroaded by the admin there because they wanted their hero to return. Guess what that hero only succeeded because of the work Woodward put in. Before Woodward the previous coach did not do anything in the weight room. He didn't do anything to get the younger kids ready to play. And as a parting gift he left a brutal schedule.

Just the opposite I hope everyone realizes you are saying the opposite of what you really think.

Hogan and dirtywave right on.

Fan I really respect you and your opinion. I had a lot of fun with EN and PC. Hope your girls pull out a big win. The new director has mentioned multiple times metro needing a more diverse staff. Most people that he has personally hired have been of one race. To me that's not diverse. If he wants diversity start hiring Hispanics, Egyptians, Laotian's, Asians, etc. He has not done this. Metro kids deserve and need the best teachers and coaches possible. I don't care what race they are as long as they are the best.

Finally, whoever said in five years metro coaches will have to pass a certain litmus test, I hope you are wrong. Race should never be involved in anything to do with education. I've always taught and coached in areas that were economically disadvantaged and the majority of kids were not of my own race. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with all kids. I would like to think those kids enjoyed being around me. A few probably didn't but that's because I made them work. I love my job. Very rarely have I ever felt like I was going to work. The great thing about kids is they just want someone to give them a little structure, a pat on the back when they succeed, a pat on the back when they struggle just to let them know you are there to help, and they don't care what color you are. To them it's the last thing on their minds. I wish as adults people kept that part of their inner child.

Alot of the decline in Antioch football has to do with the addition of cane ridge .... He wasn't fired cause he was white it wasn't even football related from what I was told by an in house employee.. you can't continue to go over your boss head to a board member when she tells you no and not think that would roll over well. It's always two sides of the story ....

Going to try to respond to all the posts.

Bleacher what coach has had a winning record at Antioch, not just recently like Hogan said, but ever. I'll wait on that one. Most good coaches of the past have done well just being .500 and making playoffs which is what Woodward did. He left to go to Brentwood with a very heavy heart but thought it was better for his career. He then got railroaded by the admin there because they wanted their hero to return. Guess what that hero only succeeded because of the work Woodward put in. Before Woodward the previous coach did not do anything in the weight room. He didn't do anything to get the younger kids ready to play. And as a parting gift he left a brutal schedule.

Just the opposite I hope everyone realizes you are saying the opposite of what you really think.

Hogan and dirtywave right on.

Fan I really respect you and your opinion. I had a lot of fun with EN and PC. Hope your girls pull out a big win. The new director has mentioned multiple times metro needing a more diverse staff. Most people that he has personally hired have been of one race. To me that's not diverse. If he wants diversity start hiring Hispanics, Egyptians, Laotian's, Asians, etc. He has not done this. Metro kids deserve and need the best teachers and coaches possible. I don't care what race they are as long as they are the best.

Finally, whoever said in five years metro coaches will have to pass a certain litmus test, I hope you are wrong. Race should never be involved in anything to do with education. I've always taught and coached in areas that were economically disadvantaged and the majority of kids were not of my own race. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with all kids. I would like to think those kids enjoyed being around me. A few probably didn't but that's because I made them work. I love my job. Very rarely have I ever felt like I was going to work. The great thing about kids is they just want someone to give them a little structure, a pat on the back when they succeed, a pat on the back when they struggle just to let them know you are there to help, and they don't care what color you are. To them it's the last thing on their minds. I wish as adults people kept that part of their inner child.

Dang, I thought I was being clever. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: