AP Class 1A Top 10

Southtowner

I'm gonna say

Nashville Christian

Dresden

Union City

Huntington

And then I know it's bias in saying this but i think CA does have a good chance in top 5.

I hope your not basing that on our performance in the scrimmage where all 62 players got time in. CA will have a good year but not a top 5 year, not bashing just my opinion. Good luck to y'all this year

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never forget tearing the goalposts down after the beating we gave sp in 2001. Our franchise tackle said he was destroy every pirate who lined up in front of him and he did. Watch the film ambassador. I'd love nothing more than to put another whipping on the pirates lol

Sure you whipped a VERY VERY bad pirate team. In all honesty that 2001 SP team was the third worst team SP has fielded from 1984-2015. I wasn't around at the time, but I saw that team play. I still don't know how they went to the semifinals.

I hope your not basing that on our performance in the scrimmage where all 62 players got time in. CA will have a good year but not a top 5 year, not bashing just my opinion. Good luck to y'all this year

The 5 best teams in 1A this season are...

Union City

NCS

Dresden

Wayne County

Huntingdon

After that group then we have Greenback, Columbia Academy, Trousdale, So Pitt, Harriman, and Coalfield

So I was right, That was 2001. That SP team was no push over for sure. The O Line we had that year just plowed holes I could have crab crawled thru. And with the backfield we had then was pretty dangerous too. I was looking earlier at the TSSAA State records and Ole Shelly(EH QB) still holds a lot of passing records and JUST so happens to be in the era of us getting them in the Big Game. Oh well, everything happens for a reason.

So I was right, That was 2001. That SP team was no push over for sure. The O Line we had that year just plowed holes I could have crab crawled thru. And with the backfield we had then was pretty dangerous too. I was looking earlier at the TSSAA State records and Ole Shelly(EH QB) still holds a lot of passing records and JUST so happens to be in the era of us getting them in the Big Game. Oh well, everything happens for a reason.

Yes that was 2001, but I can assure you that SP team wasn't good. 1984-2015 3rd worst during that 30 plus year stretch.

The 5 best teams in 1A this season are...

Union City

NCS

Dresden

Wayne County

Huntingdon

After that group then we have Greenback, Columbia Academy, Trousdale, So Pitt, Harriman, and Coalfield[/quote

Ok we may not be a top 5 team but certainly y'all don't have greenback over us

Really curious what CA has compared to last year for you to ask that question. GB has all skill players back plus Silvey and a few other additions on a team that took care of CA last year.

Why wouldn't we pick them over CA? They beat you and return their entire team.

That's true in a sense. But we had argueably our worst game all season against greenback. South Pitt was the best team we played all season. From what I saw, we came into the game not expecting anything great, and when they realized they couldn't just coast through that game it was too late. The only game I can think seeing ca play any worse all season was against Fayetteville earlier in the season.