Adamsville invades the Lions Den TCA

cardfan

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we played a little flat tonight!! I was glad to get a big region win!! TCA obviously is in rebuilding mode, and I saw some really good athletic kids on the field for the Lions. Good luck to you guys on the rest of the season.

I enjoyed our conversation TCAIntense. It's always great to see one of my early role models from good ole' Michie First Baptist. I always appreciate the hospitality from the TCA Lions. I just wish I could have met the legend, BigEdMo. Maybe next time!!

Plain and simple, Adamsville just man handled TCA.  No excuses.  I thought at times the TCA defense played well.  But when you have to constantly defend a short field, it will eventually wear you down.  I had thought that when your running back tore up his knee in the pre season that it would really cramp the style of Adamsville.  What I learned was just how much talented depth you have at the running back spot.  Your kicking game has drastically improved over what I have seen in years past as well.  Defensively, you simply shut us down.

I want to make on mention of something that happened after the game.  I had just completed my post game interview with Coach Butler and I was walking off the field.  I made eye contact with an Adamsville player.  Unfortunately I did not get his number.  He was very polite, and said some encouraging words to me as I left the field.  I appreciate, what he did and that he took the time to say some nice words to a dejected old radio announcer.  It shows that he was raised right by his parents and that his coaches trained him well in things other than football too.  While I will always want to beat Adamsville in the worst way, I came away last night with a lot more respect for the kids, team, and program as a whole. 

Best of luck in the rest of the season to the Cardinals.  I pray that we can make some improvement and potentially challenge you folks come playoff time. 

Thanks fir the kind words reitz. It is a great rivalry we have between each other. That kid is showing what Coach Gray preaches to our kids. No matter what try and do it with class. Win or lose. That kids parents did their job as well. There were a couple TCA kids headed to their cars last night as we loaded the buses and they acted very politely too. In schools our size rebuildibg is inevitable. With your smaller numbers ut comes around a little more often or hits just a little harder. Good luck TCA keep Working and improving.

Edited by cardfan

Adamsville congrats on the big win. As we had said earlier in the week we had no surprises up our sleeves. Adamsville is flat out good. They took advantage of every chance that was given. I look forward to seeing you guys proceed in the playoffs. Nice to meet you wildcard. Wish I could have met some of you other guys. Intense was over there working the crowd though. Good luck guys.

Adamsville congrats on the big win. As we had said earlier in the week we had no surprises up our sleeves. Adamsville is flat out good. They took advantage of every chance that was given. I look forward to seeing you guys proceed in the playoffs. Nice to meet you wildcard. Wish I could have met some of you other guys. Intense was over there working the crowd though. Good luck guys.

As always, TCA was a gracious host! BigEdMo, it was a pleasure to meet you! I was very impressed by #50. He was all over the field and I heard his name called several times. He gets to the ball really well! Kudos to the field keeper, The water was ankle deep when I got there at 5:30 but, by Game time it had drained, dried, and looked to be in really good shape! LOL! Even if you're not a football fan, you should go to TCAs games because the food is awesome! Before the night was done, I had ate ribs, A pork loin sandwich, and some of that legendary barbecue nachos that everyone's been talking about! I'm still full! All kidding aside, TCA still has time to work out the kinks and become a force to be reckoned with. Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope to see you again this year!

I think we played a little flat tonight!! I was glad to get a big region win!! TCA obviously is in rebuilding mode, and I saw some really good athletic kids on the field for the Lions. Good luck to you guys on the rest of the season.

I enjoyed our conversation TCAIntense. It's always great to see one of my early role models from good ole' Michie First Baptist. I always appreciate the hospitality from the TCA Lions. I just wish I could have met the legend, BigEdMo. Maybe next time!!

Great to visit with you as well Redrage4life! You sure had me fooled! Ha I really thought Redrage4 was your brother. Congrats on the win and good to see your boys contributing. I just can't believe how big your oldest son is! McKenzie will be the only team in the region that can compete with you but I still say look out for Halls and now JC. If you making to Trezevant I plan to come watch the game. Good luck coaching the girls this year and take it easy on my cousin! She can shoot it!!

As always, TCA was a gracious host! BigEdMo, it was a pleasure to meet you! I was very impressed by #50. He was all over the field and I heard his name called several times. He gets to the ball really well! Kudos to the field keeper, The water was ankle deep when I got there at 5:30 but, by Game time it had drained, dried, and looked to be in really good shape! LOL! Even if you're not a football fan, you should go to TCAs games because the food is awesome! Before the night was done, I had ate ribs, A pork loin sandwich, and some of that legendary barbecue nachos that everyone's been talking about! I'm still full! All kidding aside, TCA still has time to work out the kinks and become a force to be reckoned with. Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope to see you again this year![/quote

Good to see you Wildcard! Congrats on the win! Glad you enjoyed the food and gained a couple of pounds! Good luck the rest of the season!

]