Is this going to be the year a Murfreesboro team beats Maryville?

crow6424

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Smyrna loss I'm thinking Maryville meets Oakland in the semi.[/quote

Smyrna lost to the #1 5A team in state and last years gold ball winner - almost certain Oakland would have a loss as well if they played Indy

Indy is good but not as good as last year. Smyrna's stud went out early with injury or this game would have been close. Oakland is tops from what I have seen so far though.

I can't disagree with this. I remember the play. One of the best championship games I remember ever seeing. Does any one have footage of this and the break down of the rule. Would enjoy reviewing it.

Here's my take on this play, that never seems to be forgotten.... I can't remember through the years how many times I've seen my own team lose, and win games on blown high school calls. You guys are absolutely stuck on that one play call, but how many interceptions and catches wouldn't have happened through the years if high school football had replay? How many blown calls that stand in high school football would be reversed had there been instant replay? There has been enough bad calls, that it has surely led to one team being in a championship game, and leaving another team out. So while it may or may not had been a bad call, just take high school football for what it is, and realize that plenty of other teams, on nearly a WEEKLY BASIS, benefit off of calls that may have not been correct. Or is it that we only care about bad calls when it happens to just one team and not the others???? Hmm. Edited by thegreatone36

What does it matter that replay is out there? Yes it had replay.... For the TV viewers! Not for the refs! Bad call or not, plenty of other teams have had wins taken away over controversial calls. May sting, not saying it shouldn't. But I've been a part of a loss from a blown call in a deep playoff run that cost my team back when I played, but I don't tell the opposing team that beat us that they didn't deserve the win. I accept that the ref missed a call, and cost my team and I a win, a most likely a state title. (Beech went on to dominate Columbia in the state title game after beating us 32-29, one of their 50 yd TD runs in the game, the Beech RB clearly stepped out of bounds by atleast 6 inches, but ref didn't call him out.) But oh well, just gotta get past it, realize it has happened to plenty of other teams, and move on.

Edited by thegreatone36

The same WAY the game was "snatched" yall had a real opportunity to "snatch" it back. After we scored in OT we went for two. Yall defense could have just as easily stopped us and all would have been right with the world however your left side was caved in by our right side and we won. Quit trying to take away the credit we deserve. Hope to have the rubber match in December, lawd willin.

Read the my signature and weep

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

The same WAY the game was "snatched" yall had a real opportunity to "snatch" it back. After we scored in OT we went for two. Yall defense could have just as easily stopped us and all would have been right with the world however your left side was caved in by our right side and we won. Quit trying to take away the credit we deserve. Hope to have the rubber match in December, lawd willin.

Forever Champions!!!!

Is yalls 152 pounder Chris Rowland back this year? Does he play football also?

Good Lord , not one person from Maryville is talking about the 2012 game ... Maryville responded by winning the next 2 State Championships and Playing in every 6A title game there has been . 2012 Whitehaven won , Congratulations . Hopefully we get to meet Whitehaven again , we've been there every time . 

^^ In fact, MLREB (clearly Maryville fan) started it all up by saying Whitehaven had a "shallow victory against them. Yes, Maryville won the next two, Congrats. Whitehaven earned a hard fought win in 2012, and don't deserve to be told that their victory isn't well earned or "shallow". Said it earlier in this thread, its HS football. Calls are made, some good and some not so. Sometimes the calls may benefit you, other times they won't. Refs can only do so much without having replay and review.