Sevier County vs DB

gobears89

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SC 35 DB 24 if GC pulls out his best coaching abilities SC 45 DB 31 ;) !! Some DB coaches are pathetic and if winning is not important no more then become a Band fan just like all the rest of us have been forced to become !!

I Can remember going to DB games , the tradtion , the jitters , the "Graham will probably make it a close game but we will win " kinda of games , the times you can't wait till Friday night kinda games ..... Now it's " it's Friday and time to go watch the new " Central " in Sullivan County ... yeah , Sullivan Central !!

This new AD needs to make changes but Balls and Buddies probably will interfere with one of the best decisions in years !!!

Plenty of Talent - Kids bust their butts to be on that field , yet a coaches Ole Ways ruin it for the kids that grew up wanting to put on that UNI and keep a tradtion alive !!

Stop being selfish and allow "New " before the tradtion of winning becomes the tradtion of loosing , like it is slowly becoming !!

Yeah it's a Coaches rant again but Everyone knows what DB needs and I'm just one out of hundreds / thousands that sees and speaks what is the most important for DB football !!

Before one says it " DB is not loosing because of this conference ... its one persons comfort in not wanting to make changes/adjustments to win in this conference "

Edited by kingindian33

SC 35 DB 24 if GC pulls out his best coaching abilities SC 45 DB 31 ;) !! Some DB coaches are pathetic and if winning is not important no more then become a Band fan just like all the rest of us have been forced to become !!

I Can remember going to DB games , the tradtion , the jitters , the "Graham will probably make it a close game but we will win " kinda of games , the times you can't wait till Friday night kinda games ..... Now it's " it's Friday and time to go watch the new " Central " in Sullivan County ... yeah , Sullivan Central !!

This new AD needs to make changes but Balls and Buddies probably will interfere with one of the best decisions in years !!!

Plenty of Talent - Kids bust their butts to be on that field , yet a coaches Ole Ways ruin it for the kids that grew up wanting to put on that UNI and keep a tradtion alive !!

Stop being selfish and allow "New " before the tradtion of winning becomes the tradtion of loosing , like it is slowly becoming !!

Yeah it's a Coaches rant again but Everyone knows what DB needs and I'm just one out of hundreds / thousands that sees and speaks what is the most important for DB football !!

Before one says it " DB is not loosing because of this conference ... its one persons comfort in not wanting to make changes/adjustments to win in this conference "

The problem is far worse then the average DB fan knows.Not everyone is " on-board " with what's happening.Some of the recent changes  will sicken you and many faithful taxpaying fans when it comes to light.

Guest footballfan100

This is getting interesting now Batman. We got our tails handed to us Friday by BC and their qb Copeland. At least db was ahead for a little while. What in the world is going on over there? I hear that the jv and freshman teams are doing well again this year, but it never carries over to varsity for some reason. I went with a friend of mine that has a son that plays for Elizabethon and watched then play the DB jv team Monday afternoon. You guys looked really good. DB won 42 28 I think. The DB qb, #10, threw 4 or 5 tds and ran the ball really well and the wr, #87, had 3 tds. The defense looked really good at times also. I am beginning to see a pattern here I think...haha. One thing I like about Coach Carter is that if you can play, he will play you and give u an opportunity on a Friday night. That may be reason for our rb controversy. We were just outgunned badly Friday night. Our game may be a classic this year!! Anyways, best of luck to you guys again...cya soon!

The problem is far worse then the average DB fan knows.Not everyone is " on-board " with what's happening.Some of the recent changes  will sicken you and many faithful taxpaying fans when it comes to light.

When it comes to light?  How could it be any worse than what we are seeing now? They giving the coaching staff a raise?

SCHS will be bringing about 40 players to this game including freshman! They have eliminated the freshman team and JV is reserved for kids that dont see the field on friday night. I would go ahead and say if the army that is the DB band/football team finds a way to lose this game you all should consider firing everyone. Here at SC everyone is suddenly a baseball star that hangs out at football games and/or all 12 of the other so called athletes go to different county schools so they can all be RB and QB. Here is the kicker, all those parents who send they kids to said schools then go on to post all these glorious photos of their kids winning statement games vs 1A opponents or even worse "in county rivalries". Then they all have visions of playing at alabama because little johnny ran for a bazzilion yards against a team with a tackling dummy playing MLB (and johnny is 5'8" and clocks a blistering 5.0 in the 40) My point is be glad you all have a team that can still lineup and play bigboy football because here in SC the parents have watered down good ole competion with hey lets just go play here where you can be the point gaurd, pitcher and QB with noone to compete with or take your job and you can start both ways all 4 years as a freshman who can walk and chew gum pretty darn good if you ask their grandmother! I really wanted to bash our coaches because as a fan thats what you do when you lose. I deleted that post because after a little thought what the he double hockey sticks are you going to do as a coach when you play teams with far more talent and able bodies. I expect a ton of fight from the Smoky Bears friday night this group is used to winning and they are going to give it all they got. They do not fear anybody or anything thats why they stayed at SC and they were rewarded by playing on 1 of the best SC teams ever. Almost everyone of them that had limited roles on last years team would be stars at the other county schools but they wanted a taste of bigtime HS football and they got it. Now they are fighting to keep the Smoky Bears winning tradition alive and to me that is fighting the good fight. So suck it up Tribe fans it can get worse. There is an old saying You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. Which Indian are you?

GoBears!!

Edited by gobears89