Sevier County vs DB

gobears89

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a similar thing happen with my older son. Lots of pretty severe things happened that I didn't find out the extent of until after he graduated. My younger son is at a different school. Its been a great decision. If you found the right school with a good coach, you son would do well and enjoy the game again.

The main thing for any young man is that they get an education and enjoy their time in high school.The vast majority won't make any money doing it,so it ends soon either way.DB is a fine school to get that education and friends last for years even if some decide not to play the sport.They still hang out and go support their friends on the field or whatever they are playing.Unless there was a change I guarantee you there is no way in hail I would let my son play at DB even if he changed his mind,so I'd say were set.

Tribe wins big tonight, Indians are back on track

Really?! No. The real Bears did not show up last night. DB has nothing to be proud of and they are not back.

Thing is, Sevier Co. will likely be back in the near future. DB will not unless there are major changes - which apparently aren't going to happen.

What needs to happen is for the DB fans to boycott the games, like OR fans did. Even if they did, there would be the band fans that continue to support the stadium. But what ETSU learned was, no football - no band. So I predict that as the football program spirals, so will the band program. The band parents need to object to the football program's situation as well. Or else simply stick to competative band and hope that allows the band to survive and thrive.

A no win situation for DB football, and perhaps th band - unless Administration at the highest level gets serious about fixing it.

Really?! No. The real Bears did not show up last night. DB has nothing to be proud of and they are not back.

Thing is, Sevier Co. will likely be back in the near future. DB will not unless there are major changes - which apparently aren't going to happen.

What needs to happen is for the DB fans to boycott the games, like OR fans did. Even if they did, there would be the band fans that continue to support the stadium. But what ETSU learned was, no football - no band. So I predict that as the football program spirals, so will the band program. The band parents need to object to the football program's situation as well. Or else simply stick to competative band and hope that allows the band to survive and thrive.

A no win situation for DB football, and perhaps th band - unless Administration at the highest level gets serious about fixing it.

Sevier County coming to town last night came at the perfect time. And at home coming made it even better. Yes this SC team was probably the weakest I have ever seen. But 75% of DB fans will never know that. To them, DB has got it turned around now. Their back to playing DB football again.....yada, yada, yada. This will last one week. After next Friday night the excuses will start rolling out again. Honestly, I don't see even a possible win until the last game of the season against Science Hill. And DB has now lost four in a row to the Hilltoppers. 

Last night in a "win" DB still had four fumbles and 70 yards in penalties. Things you're supposed to learn in little league. But to learn you have to have teachers. Most of the coaches in little league are not qualified. Coaching at the middle schools is not good at all. (to put it in a nice way). The previous AD at DB was probably the worst AD to ever walk the halls of a high school anywhere at any time in the history of high schools. So they wait until this guy retires and then replace him with an ex assistant football coach, yes man, pal of the head coach. This whole deal is as many have said, is a "Good Ole' Boy Network". And that's from top to bottom. And you have hand it to them, man they've got this deal set up perfectly.

I don't think you will see a winning season again unless they get Central, Davey Crockett and Volunteer back on the schedule. Those schools have even worse coaching.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

That's a tough one 70.I'd hate to see fans not show up and support the kids at any school.If there is a problem with the program,someone needs to grow a set and fix it. 

Batman, do you think I don't hate that prospect? I hate it with every breath. I have loved Friday Night Lights at J Fred Johnson.   I love the whole experience.  DB football, the band, the atmosphere.  But just like the fact that this country is in deep trouble, so is DB football.  Problem is, going unfixed it will damage not only football at DB, but the band and the school.  Ask ETSU. It will get worse before it gets better.  It will take action and it will not be good for some of the students - temporarily.  Sacrifice/protest(no I'm not a left ringer) now to make it better in the future.

We need to be figuring out what happened in OR and make it happen here.  I'm sure it was painful for them.  I've seen that stated on these boards.  We can either have a little acute pain now, or long term agony.  Choose. Our immediate goal should be to have a coaching staff that is good enough to give the team a fighting chance to beat Maryville.

This needs to be done by the insider fans, the football parents, the band parents, the cheerleader, parents, for the sake of future students and in the name of DB sports tradition.

So for any of you DB football and band newbies, do not think last night was a good thing.  As Waco said, it will evaporate in a week and you will be crushed with the outcome of the first playoff game.  If you accept this status quo, you are dooming DB football & band for the foreseeable future.

BTW, did anybody notice that the band is down as well?  I counted them as best I could during homecoming.  I counted about 340 including guard.  That's what, 80 - 100 off what it was?  They easily fit in the left band stand with room to spare.  They used to have to sit in the right stands.  Impact already?  What will it be next year?  275?  15 less football players on the sidelines next year?  And on we go.