Sevier County vs DB

gobears89

Wow!!! I never doubt anything u say. From the first time we spoke, til now..u have have always spoke the truth!

I guess you can see why Ive changed my thinking here.It's much more then me or mine.It's every player,parent and fan that wants to see this program do great.I don't lay this on any coach for just being themselves.Heck,you give me absolute power over Eastman,and I'd Probably in time do whatever I wanted and not care what anyone thought either.I lay this on all those that have the power to right the ship and help the program.Use some common sense besides just putting millions of our dollars into a money pit and thinking that's all you need to do.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say if anyone of you that call for a boycott to not show up for our kids, you should stay home because you are not as important as you think you are! I am embarrassed by the losers that do nothing but bash, when it Is my guess that you never played, or you think you were better than you actually were because you played teams like Ketron, Erwin, Central, maybe even South, North, Volunteer maybe because you played against power houses like TN High or Morristown. I agree about coaching changes that need to be made to some point, but we normally score points but have a tough time stopping any team that can throw! Fix that problem, and we are competitive with anyone in the conference others that Maryville! Learn to build up the kids that might read coach T and if you can't, you should shut your mouth because you are not part of the solution, you are a part of the problem!

I don't agree with a boycott either.Will say however that times have changed,anyone that played against Morristown or TH in the late 60s and early 70s did play against a power house.1969 ME state champs in the highest class of the time.1971 and 1972 TH state champs in the highest class ,National champs 1972 .

Edited by BatmanDB

I say if anyone of you that call for a boycott to not show up for our kids, you should stay home because you are not as important as you think you are! I am embarrassed by the losers that do nothing but bash, when it Is my guess that you never played, or you think you were better than you actually were because you played teams like Ketron, Erwin, Central, maybe even South, North, Volunteer maybe because you played against power houses like TN High or Morristown. I agree about coaching changes that need to be made to some point, but we normally score points but have a tough time stopping any team that can throw! Fix that problem, and we are competitive with anyone in the conference others that Maryville! Learn to build up the kids that might read coach T and if you can't, you should shut your mouth because you are not part of the solution, you are a part of the problem!

I'm confused by your post. Were you telling the rest of us not to bash the coaches but then bashed "some of the coaches"  "coaching changes that need to be made to some point". Yet everybody else is a loser but not you? So please let us know which coaches need to be bashed and which ones don't.   I mean to heck with being right, I just want to be politically correct. 

All kidding aside, all along I have been fairly satisfied with the offense side but the defense side has been really bad and getting worse. The only keeper would of been Holt and he dropped out last year. He should of ran the defense after Watson left. We probably wouldn't be having this discussion today. But then you have to consider the info that Batman trickles out occasionally. (wish he would just come out with it and be done). 

Also you might remember this is a discussion forum. Sometimes you might read things that offend you or things you disagree with. It's not bashing if its true. It's a discussion. People are not going to all of the sudden drop it just because you disagree.

I'm confused by your post. Were you telling the rest of us not to bash the coaches but then bashed "some of the coaches"  "coaching changes that need to be made to some point". Yet everybody else is a loser but not you? So please let us know which coaches need to be bashed and which ones don't.   I mean to heck with being right, I just want to be politically correct. 

All kidding aside, all along I have been fairly satisfied with the offense side but the defense side has been really bad and getting worse. The only keeper would of been Holt and he dropped out last year. He should of ran the defense after Watson left. We probably wouldn't be having this discussion today. But then you have to consider the info that Batman trickles out occasionally. (wish he would just come out with it and be done). 

Also you might remember this is a discussion forum. Sometimes you might read things that offend you or things you disagree with. It's not bashing if its true. It's a discussion. People are not going to all of the sudden drop it just because you disagree.

Holt was one of my favorite coaches .I'd love to able to throw everything out there but can't or atleast won't.

Holt was one of my favorite coaches .I'd love to able to throw everything out there but can't or atleast won't.

OK Batman, get your kids out of school and then let both barrels loose. I, like Waco, have been very intrigued by all of this information shared around the issues and then pulling back at the last moment when it looks like the rabbit is about to be pulled out of the hat. It's almost like a ClintonGate situation. Smoke all over the place but the fire can't be found!

Guest footballfan100

Talk around the water cooler today has it that SC was really bad, but played hard. The DB offense was really not much better, 4 fumbles is alot. Heard if not for the rb Hicks, the dB offense was very stale. Will the starting qb be back this friday? Co workers said if not, it would definitely be a very long night for db. Also said if the SC qb could've hit the open guys, several long balls that were missed would've probably been long tds.

Talk around the water cooler today has it that SC was really bad, but played hard. The DB offense was really not much better, 4 fumbles is alot. Heard if not for the rb Hicks, the dB offense was very stale. Will the starting qb be back this friday? Co workers said if not, it would definitely be a very long night for db. Also said if the SC qb could've hit the open guys, several long balls that were missed would've probably been long tds.

I agree there were some sluggish drives on Friday night.  It seemed that a holding call or some other penalty or conservative play calling (trying to run the clock) stalled the offense a couple of times.  The eastmanites I've talked to think the soph QB has done a pretty nice job in relief though.   According to the paper, he has thrown for over 350 and three Tds in six quarters.  And as always, there have been several dropped balls.  I do know that the two minute offense before half time was pretty impressive.  Together with Hicks, they have rolled up a bunch of total offense.   Agree the return of #6 will help the offense , especially in the running game.  But #30 and #13 both being sophs clearly brightens the future.

Guest footballfan100

Wonder why dB ran it so much and only passed it so little? Agree that the rb shouldered the load almost by himself from what I hear and read? Also agree with everyone that says DB will go as far as #6 will take them. Hope all the injured gets well! I wished the SH fans would talk and discuss as often as the DB fans do...guess they will when basketball comes around.

You take what the defense gives you.football 101.I've gave a couple reasons why people are saying the talent is not there and That's not the kids fault,that's the opposite of football 101.That's something you won't see at Maryville.Translation,good coaching is going to and winning state title games more often then not .Bad coaching is losing in the first or second round more often then not.

You take what the defense gives you.football 101.I've gave a couple reasons why people are saying the talent is not there and That's not the kids fault,that's the opposite of football 101.That's something you won't see at Maryville.Translation,good coaching is going to and winning state title games more often then not .Bad coaching is losing in the first or second round more often then not.

There you go again......making sense. The GOB's are not going to like that. And that puts you in a good light.