William Blount Hosts Heritage

GovMan

Correction, he put up 14 points. One of DB's tds was when they returned the opening kickoff. I cant remember who that was, but it was not the QB.

Correction noticed! You seem to think I'm in some way devaluing WB win over DB. Would rather WB beat DB than the opposite. If the neers can improve on some of the same things WB did last week turnovers, penalties, 4qtrs. It should be a good ball game.

Correction noticed! You seem to think I'm in some way devaluing WB win over DB. Would rather WB beat DB than the opposite. If the neers can improve on some of the same things WB did last week turnovers, penalties, 4qtrs. It should be a good ball game.

Never said anything about the Heritage game. I'm sure they'll come to play, but if I get my wish the game will be over at halftime.

It is a neers and govs thread! No rule says you have to stay past half time?

But we were talking about the DB game. And when I say I hope the game is over at halftime, I mean that I want to see the backups get varsity action in the 2nd half. Things havent worked out for us to really do that yet, and I hope they do this week. It would be nice to maybe start getting more guys game ready before getting into the meat of the region schedule.

If you are trying to say that WB was lucky to win, I disagree. What I saw is the Govs put together 4 qtrs of good football for the first time in ages. They didn't turn the ball over and make boneheaded mistakes and made plays in critical situations. There were several times where our receivers made clutch catches on 3rd down situations as they were getting lit up by DB defenders. Furthermore, the Govs battled back from a 14 point deficit and DB only scored 1 more TD after their 21 point first Qtr. The Govs deserved that win.

But we were talking about the DB game. And when I say I hope the game is over at halftime, I mean that I want to see the backups get varsity action in the 2nd half. Things havent worked out for us to really do that yet, and I hope they do this week. It would be nice to maybe start getting more guys game ready before getting into the meat of the region schedule.

correction, have referenced the neers in all but one post to this point. That post was a response to WB having an easy road to 7-3. Edited by MountainRebel

WBs win over DB was their 1st win over a 6A team in 4yrs (I think). WB has the best combo of 3 skill position athletes they've had since 07. Heritage is in a tough spot with injuries and transfers. WB goes to 3-1. Ends up 5-5. They beat both 5A schools, DB, Jeff co and SH.Beardan is also a possible W.

WB's recent 6A wins (Before DB) were over Heritage and Jeff Co in 2014. Both were 6A at the time.