8AA 2016-2017

Belsnickel

Clay would not beat Upperman. Clay did not beat Livingston. Clay would struggle with Magnet big league.

Clay did lose to LA but it was the first game of the year, and it was arguably the BEST LA has played all year long. Clay could beat Upperman if Macon has beat em 3 times...Clay beat Macon 2/3. Clay would DEFINITELY beat Magnet. Clay would be the 8AA favorite. That being said, the favorite doesn't always win, so there ya go. 

Almost any team can beat another team on a given night. Macon co. made it clear who is the best in 8AA. It's hard to beat any team three in a row, but M.C. did that to the second place district 8AA team.   ----- The argument about the strength of A vs AA can be argued forever. Who cares? Each class plays in their on tournaments.----After watching most of the top players  in the area with an unbiased opinion, I don't see how there can be an argument about who is the best player in the Upper Cumberland. Taking nothing away from any other player in this area, Key is head and shoulders above anyone now playing in the Upper Cumberland. There is no one even close!

Almost any team can beat another team on a given night. Macon co. made it clear who is the best in 8AA. It's hard to beat any team three in a row, but M.C. did that to the second place district 8AA team. ----- The argument about the strength of A vs AA can be argued forever. Who cares? Each class plays in their on tournaments.----After watching most of the top players in the area with an unbiased opinion, I don't see how there can be an argument about who is the best player in the Upper Cumberland. Taking nothing away from any other player in this area, Key is head and shoulders above anyone now playing in the Upper Cumberland. There is no one even close!

I agree 100% and wouldn't say anything if Clay only had beat Macon 1 time but they beat them twice on MC's floor. With that being said MaconVol's logic of saying Clay wouldn't beat the 2nd or 3rd best team in 8AA is invalid when MC has beat both of those teams 3 times and blowing out UHS in the second game.

Clay would not beat Upperman. Clay did not beat Livingston. Clay would struggle with Magnet big league.

You've lost your mind, I've watched all of these teams play numerous times and Clay County would be the District 8AA champion this year.  Tyreke Key is head and shoulders better than anyone on Macon County's team, Endicott is not in the same league as Key nor is anyone in AAA in the Upper Cumberland or Middle Tn for that matter.  The closest one i've seen to him is the kid out of Brentwood Academy.  No one else compares to him and I mean no one.  He takes an average team and makes them winners!  Anyone else in this area been nominated for Mr. Basketball 2 years in a row?  Anyone else able to do what he does?  I'll answer that for you.. NO!  I watched the game that Clay played Macon over the Christmas Holiday and Clay was down 10 points, in less than 2 minutes they were up by 10 and won the game.  LA barely beat them on their home floor the 1st game of the season.  They didn't travel to Celina to play otherwise they would have been beaten badly.  Macon lost to VanBuren County a team that was beaten by Jackson County and has been dismantled by Clay County twice.  Please don't get on here and waste our time with this rhetoric, its insulting... :mrgreen:

Single A, Extremely Weak District, Absolutely No Defense Played. Key is a Good Player, Endicott is a Good Player. Key plays on a Team that Everyting is All About Key, Endicott plays on a Team that Everything is about Team, Key Dominates the Ball 90% of the Game, Endicott has the ball around 20% of the Game. Both are Good Players, Don't be ridiculous & say otherwise

Don't mention Endicott in the same sentence as Key again, that's just being a homer.  Endicott is a nice player but he's not on the same level as Key.. :popcorneater:

You've lost your mind, I've watched all of these teams play numerous times and Clay County would be the District 8AA champion this year. Tyreke Key is head and shoulders better than anyone on Macon County's team, Endicott is not in the same league as Key nor is anyone in AAA in the Upper Cumberland or Middle Tn for that matter. The closest one i've seen to him is the kid out of Brentwood Academy. No one else compares to him and I mean no one. He takes an average team and makes them winners! Anyone else in this area been nominated for Mr. Basketball 2 years in a row? Anyone else able to do what he does? I'll answer that for you.. NO! I watched the game that Clay played Macon over the Christmas Holiday and Clay was down 10 points, in less than 2 minutes they were up by 10 and won the game. LA barely beat them on their home floor the 1st game of the season. They didn't travel to Celina to play otherwise they would have been beaten badly. Macon lost to VanBuren County a team that was beaten by Jackson County and has been dismantled by Clay County twice. Please don't get on here and waste our time with this rhetoric, its insulting... :mrgreen:

I mean........ has anyone ever said he isn't a great player?? Has anyone claimed that he isn't the best player around here?? Talk about wasting time.......

I mean........ has anyone ever said he isn't a great player?? Has anyone claimed that he isn't the best player around here?? Talk about wasting time.......

You are the one that said they would come in 5th in 8AA.  No way that would happen.  Macon could only beat them once out of 3 times so what kind of logic are you using?  LA lost to Pickett County and barely beat our 5th place team in Clarkrange.  There isn't much difference between 8AA and 7A and that's fact.  8AA is slightly better top to bottom but 7A has the best player and the best team.