Polk County @ McMinn Central

BloodCharger

Polk almost beat us at Central a couple years ago when we had one of our best teams and they had one of their worst teams, all because of the rivalry. Should be a good crowd.

Polk most likely should have won a few games last year. Especially the East Ridge game. Who decides to throw the ball in the last 5 min of the ball game being up 14-0 just to get 2 pick 6 to tie it up?! Polk was good last year. Just couldn't come together and getting them "p" stripped off their helmets didn't help either.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polk has been down big time the last 2 years. Everyone knew Polk would have a rough couple years. Davis is a darn good coach when he has the talent to work with. When he does not have the talent, he struggles coaching the young men up.

You don't take away their hard playing and everything else from them kids just cause you can't win a game. Don't strip that "P" off their helmets and in the locker room cause the season isn't going how you want it to go. That "P" stands for Polk, not "pride" them boys busts their butts on that field just to get embarrassed and having that P taking off just cause they're having trouble winning football games. Sorry but I wouldn't want to play for that man or school either. Step up and be the right coach and get better! Not drag them boys down.

That being said, no I did not play for that school not get cut or did my kid, I have tons of Polk friends and work with Polk fans. I do keep up with them. Parents are not happy either. Good luck Polk and hope you all bring it together rest of the year!

You obviously know nothing about coaching or what it takes to run any kind of program or business. Anytime you are in charge of something, you must motivate the people who work for you. Coach Davis taking away the P was simply him trying to motivate his players. As far as players "busting their butts", that's exactly what he was trying to get them to do. A drop in talent is one thing but when you have kids who just want to be on the team and couldn't care less about winning or their team, you have to try to change that. The attitude of the kids at Polk was horrible the last two years. Coach Davis and staff have turned that around. I have been around Polk County football for 30+ years and have seen teams that were not talented win 7-8 ball games and make the playoffs under Coach Davis. He cares about his players on and off the field and has put out some great young men. Sorry but I wouldn't want you or your kids to play for our Polk teams because you're probably the same kind of person that expects everyone to get a trophy. I'd love to know what parents you talk to because I would bet they have a grudge against Coach Davis and staff. They are in the minority. 98% of players that are in the Polk football program for 4 years graduate with the highest respect for Coach Davis, even if they never started. I wouldn't want anyone else in the state to lead our football team or young men. We have a great coach in Coach Davis.

You obviously know nothing about coaching or what it takes to run any kind of program or business. Anytime you are in charge of something, you must motivate the people who work for you. Coach Davis taking away the P was simply him trying to motivate his players. As far as players "busting their butts", that's exactly what he was trying to get them to do. A drop in talent is one thing but when you have kids who just want to be on the team and couldn't care less about winning or their team, you have to try to change that. The attitude of the kids at Polk was horrible the last two years. Coach Davis and staff have turned that around. I have been around Polk County football for 30+ years and have seen teams that were not talented win 7-8 ball games and make the playoffs under Coach Davis. He cares about his players on and off the field and has put out some great young men. Sorry but I wouldn't want you or your kids to play for our Polk teams because you're probably the same kind of person that expects everyone to get a trophy. I'd love to know what parents you talk to because I would bet they have a grudge against Coach Davis and staff. They are in the minority. 98% of players that are in the Polk football program for 4 years graduate with the highest respect for Coach Davis, even if they never started. I wouldn't want anyone else in the state to lead our football team or young men. We have a great coach in Coach Davis.

That's the point I was trying to make well said. The last two years he had some players that just didn't care. And Coach Davis teaches more then just football. There is a lot of things I learned with my time there. I was a freshman his first year and believe me he was a a tough coach then. We went 2 and 8 that year then made the playoffs every year till the last two years. He is a strict coach yes but he does care for his players and loves seeing them come back to the fieldhouse and just talk about old times. I just hope he is there when my two boys get up there. No other person I would love to have e coach my kids then Coach Davis

I think this could be a great football game to watch. I see a hard fought game, but I believe the Chargers will eventually pull it out.

I agree it's going to be a hard fought game. I have to go with my boys in Red though. I just hope both teams come.out injury free. I'm not sure on Central depth but I know any injury to Polk would hurt us.

I agree it's going to be a hard fought game. I have to go with my boys in Red though. I just hope both teams come.out injury free. I'm not sure on Central depth but I know any injury to Polk would hurt us.

Difference may be seniors this year.  MCentral has 22 of them.  Playing against a size appropriate program i.e, Kinston, Central showed they have good line play.  Kinston had an excellent passer in their QB and even though they were beaten a few time Central backs were in position.  Throws were right on target.  

Difference may be seniors this year. MCentral has 22 of them. Playing against a size appropriate program i.e, Kinston, Central showed they have good line play. Kinston had an excellent passer in their QB and even though they were beaten a few time Central backs were in position. Throws were right on target.

That's one area where Polk is lacking is upperclassmen. But the young guys we have are showing continue improvement. Should be a good one. Glad we was able to keep you guys when the T$$AA changed everything. Love the rivalry between the two schools

That's one area where Polk is lacking is upperclassmen. But the young guys we have are showing continue improvement. Should be a good one. Glad we was able to keep you guys when the T$$AA changed everything. Love the rivalry between the two schools

I agree, and Derrick Davis is a class act.  Pushes kids when they need to be pushed, discipline is used where needed.  I for one think he does a great job year in and year out.  

MCentral is not a bad team, just played some tough ones.