Polk County @ McMinn Central

BloodCharger

You obviously know nothing about coaching or what it takes to run any kind of program or business. Anytime you are in charge of something, you must motivate the people who work for you. Coach Davis taking away the P was simply him trying to motivate his players. As far as players "busting their butts", that's exactly what he was trying to get them to do. A drop in talent is one thing but when you have kids who just want to be on the team and couldn't care less about winning or their team, you have to try to change that. The attitude of the kids at Polk was horrible the last two years. Coach Davis and staff have turned that around. I have been around Polk County football for 30+ years and have seen teams that were not talented win 7-8 ball games and make the playoffs under Coach Davis. He cares about his players on and off the field and has put out some great young men. Sorry but I wouldn't want you or your kids to play for our Polk teams because you're probably the same kind of person that expects everyone to get a trophy. I'd love to know what parents you talk to because I would bet they have a grudge against Coach Davis and staff. They are in the minority. 98% of players that are in the Polk football program for 4 years graduate with the highest respect for Coach Davis, even if they never started. I wouldn't want anyone else in the state to lead our football team or young men. We have a great coach in Coach Davis.

Trying to attack someone for speaking his mind or having an opinion on a message board is ridiculous. Doesn't take someone like that to run a business or football program. I agree a lot on what other Polk fans says about Coach Davis. I also know it's true.

Stripping the P is kinda over board. That P does not represent Coach Davis, pride or motivation. That P represents Polk County. I've been to a few Polk games in the last 2-3 years. A lot of that does fall in coaches and a lot on the kids.

Being up 10 or 14-0 with a few min left in the ball game knowing you about have this game wrapped up, than all of a sudden you want to throw the ball to get 2 pick 6 to lose the game? Does that fall in the kids that busted their butt for Coach Davis to shut out a 10-0 East Ridge team? Got to think common sense before you try to bash someone bout running a business and whatever.

Ending this with good luck Polk and hope you rep that county Friday with a win!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polk County 28

McMinn Central 17

WOW Bass!I just can't see Polk putting up those points.If Central is a solid team as some have said on other threads they should win this game.Polk is a year away.IMO.I would like to see Polk win of course but just not sure if they will.Good luck to both and keep what you have healthy.

Trying to attack someone for speaking his mind or having an opinion on a message board is ridiculous. Doesn't take someone like that to run a business or football program. I agree a lot on what other Polk fans says about Coach Davis. I also know it's true.

Stripping the P is kinda over board. That P does not represent Coach Davis, pride or motivation. That P represents Polk County. I've been to a few Polk games in the last 2-3 years. A lot of that does fall in coaches and a lot on the kids.

Being up 10 or 14-0 with a few min left in the ball game knowing you about have this game wrapped up, than all of a sudden you want to throw the ball to get 2 pick 6 to lose the game? Does that fall in the kids that busted their butt for Coach Davis to shut out a 10-0 East Ridge team? Got to think common sense before you try to bash someone bout running a business and whatever.

Coaches do some crazy things sometimes to motivate kids.  I remember our Coach took many things from us. I mean it is just a letter on a helmet.  Kids can relate to this type of motivation.  I would rather see a coach take a letter off a helmet than to verbally abuse kids.  Those boys were probably motivated to get that "P" back on the helmet.  I see no harm in this at all.

This shows how much you really know about Polk football and Coach Davis. He doesn't even call the offensive plays and never has. His dad was the offensive coordinator for a lot of years until another one of his assistants took over a few years ago. He has been the defensive coordinator since he became the head coach. The game you are talking about was a coaching blunder but not by Coach Davis. East Ridge didn't score a single offensive point. You are right about one thing, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No matter how dumb and ignorant it may be. Become knowledgeable about what you are running your mouth about before you decide to run your mouth. Have a lovely day and go wildcats.

This shows how much you really know about Polk football and Coach Davis. He doesn't even call the offensive plays and never has. His dad was the offensive coordinator for a lot of years until another one of his assistants took over a few years ago. He has been the defensive coordinator since he became the head coach. The game you are talking about was a coaching blunder but not by Coach Davis. East Ridge didn't score a single offensive point. You are right about one thing, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No matter how dumb and ignorant it may be. Become knowledgeable about what you are running your mouth about before you decide to run your mouth. Have a lovely day and go wildcats.

Hey Valley - There is no use in replying to one of the few town idiots that are jealous of the success that Coach Davis has had in the last 15 years. Coach Davis has the support of the administration and a majority of the community so let that small group talk as loud as they want because what they have to say are falling on deaf ears. Coach Davis is a good coach and more importantly a good man that cares about each and everyone of his players. What ever he does to try and motivate his players is fine with me, even if it is removing the "P" from the helmets, then so be it. This years team seem to know what it means to be a Polk Co. football player so you could say that removing the "P" from the helmet worked. They play with discipline, effort, and toughness. Keep up the good work Coach Davis and know that the people who come watch the Wildcats play on Fridays are proud to have you as the leader of these young men. Go Wildcats and good luck against Central!

WOW Bass!I just can't see Polk putting up those points.If Central is a solid team as some have said on other threads they should win this game.Polk is a year away.IMO.I would like to see Polk win of course but just not sure if they will.Good luck to both and keep what you have healthy.

I said McMinn County is a solid team. This game will be close. It will not be a blowout either way. Good close game. Just like last Friday. Makes for some exciting football.

Hey Valley - There is no use in replying to one of the few town idiots that are jealous of the success that Coach Davis has had in the last 15 years. Coach Davis has the support of the administration and a majority of the community so let that small group talk as loud as they want because what they have to say are falling on deaf ears. Coach Davis is a good coach and more importantly a good man that cares about each and everyone of his players. What ever he does to try and motivate his players is fine with me, even if it is removing the "P" from the helmets, then so be it. This years team seem to know what it means to be a Polk Co. football player so you could say that removing the "P" from the helmet worked. They play with discipline, effort, and toughness. Keep up the good work Coach Davis and know that the people who come watch the Wildcats play on Fridays are proud to have you as the leader of these young men. Go Wildcats and good luck against Central!

Hit the nail right on the head. Great post

Hey Valley - There is no use in replying to one of the few town idiots that are jealous of the success that Coach Davis has had in the last 15 years. Coach Davis has the support of the administration and a majority of the community so let that small group talk as loud as they want because what they have to say are falling on deaf ears. Coach Davis is a good coach and more importantly a good man that cares about each and everyone of his players. What ever he does to try and motivate his players is fine with me, even if it is removing the "P" from the helmets, then so be it. This years team seem to know what it means to be a Polk Co. football player so you could say that removing the "P" from the helmet worked. They play with discipline, effort, and toughness. Keep up the good work Coach Davis and know that the people who come watch the Wildcats play on Fridays are proud to have you as the leader of these young men. Go Wildcats and good luck against Central!

Ignorance makes my blood boil! I am happy to see someone else on here that understands football and the coaching perspective. Edited by ValleyTroll

I said McMinn County is a solid team. This game will be close. It will not be a blowout either way. Good close game. Just like last Friday. Makes for some exciting football.

I knew I read it somewhere I follow a lot of teams.If you all are a solid team then I can't see you all losing this game.Polk is not the same Polk they have been they are a little down this year.

Coach Davis is a good coach and more importantly a good man that cares about each and everyone of his players!

He is a good coach and he does care about those 40-50 players, but that's it. That doesn't make him a good man. A good man is someone who cares about things other than what he has a vested interest in. There is more to PCHS than just that football team and he could not care less about the rest of it. I respect his coaching ability, but other than that, he is worthless!

I will be there Friday night, just like every Friday night for the past 40 years, but I support the football team because of the kids,,just like I support the basketball teams, the baseball team, the soccer team, etc.. For the kids. Not for the almighty Derrick Davis!

And Polk 27 - Baby Blue 14

Edited by Charlie Murphy