District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

New year new season....district games a plenty.  it is now crunch time. time to shine.

Heritage did not shine against Greenbrier... I feel they thought they could just show up and win.

Greenbrier had other thoughts. I had a feeling that Greenbrier was better than their record showed.

I don't agree with you B52... Sycamore will have a hard time winning against Greenbrier tonight. Not a good matchup Greenbrier is bigger and if they shoot like they did against Heritage it will be a blow out. GB is on a 4 game winning streak and could be dangerous come tourney time. I have Greenbrier winning by double digits.

White House vs Westmoreland. Westy seems to be scoring lately, they beat Harpeth last week and Harpeth beat Whitehouse. using that logic Westmoreland should win tonight. It really just boils down to which Whitehouse team shows up...who is on the court for Whitehouse. Seems at times Whitehouse really has good chemistry with some of the 5 that are on the court but then a wave of subs come in and they loose whatever they had going. Idk what the answer is...maybe use 6 or 7 only and let the boys get in a rhythm on the court. Tough call when you have young players that need to get experience for the future. Big game for both,  West has only one loss in the district and WH needs a win BAD.  I will go with White House by 8.

Heritage vs Cheatham.  Sycamore beat Cheatham at Cheatham last week 63-38. Heritage beat Sycamore this week 75-29 and held Sycamore scoreless in the 4th quarter on a running clock.  I don't see this being close.  Heritage just needs to take care of business work on playing team ball and get out of there with a W. Heritage by 20 or more. 

Hope all stay injury free. Good luck

• Upvote 1

HS basketball go figure.  Sycamore/Greenbrier, ha you called it b52 !  its a Crazy game.  I would have never guessed it.  Sycamore wins that afer GB beat Heritage and Heritage literally ran Sycamore out of the gym. Guess there is something to say for bounce back wins.

White House vs White House Heritage Round 2 Friday night !!......    WHH

Sycamore vs Harpeth......Harpeth

Westmoreland vs Cheatham.........Cheatham

on a side note that Cheatham vs Westmoreland girls game will be a good one !!

Who ya got

Westmoreland at CC

I really want to take CC . Just think garrison outfwoeks mayfield .,low scoring game but have to go with the healthier team . Westy wins 43-36.

Sycamore at harpeth sycamore flying high now lets make it two in a row .playiing their rival .will be hard doing it at their place . Harpeth just not that good . Just have a good coach and team just plays hard . I will go with sycamore by 6 ...53-47

Game of the week .,

Blue devils at patriots

Visitors have won the last 7 I believe . .Heritsge more experienced and won by 16 earlier . patriots 20+ turnovers but they shot lay ups all night . Defense by devils was good by turning them over but awful letting them shoot lay ups . I would say heritsge pretty much sane team as before with the devils much improved on defense . Will come down to 3 ball . If heritage has 20 turnovers again they lose . I am going with a barn burner and streak goes on . Devils 71-69

Good luck to all team

Westmoreland at CC

I really want to take CC . Just think garrison outfwoeks mayfield .,low scoring game but have to go with the healthier team . Westy wins 43-36.

Sycamore at harpeth sycamore flying high now lets make it two in a row .playiing their rival .will be hard doing it at their place . Harpeth just not that good . Just have a good coach and team just plays hard . I will go with sycamore by 6 ...53-47

Game of the week .,

Blue devils at patriots

Visitors have won the last 7 I believe . .Heritsge more experienced and won by 16 earlier . patriots 20+ turnovers but they shot lay ups all night . Defense by devils was good by turning them over but awful letting them shoot lay ups . I would say heritsge pretty much sane team as before with the devils much improved on defense . Will come down to 3 ball . If heritage has 20 turnovers again they lose . I am going with a barn burner and streak goes on . Devils 71-69

Good luck to all team

My prediction: Patriots 65- Blue Devils 51

First off I hope everything is ok with Perroni . I kmow he had to leave for emergency , Patriots never got rattled early when blue devils came out smoking . Came back at end of first and took conttol in second when devils went scoreless for 4 minutes . Took an 8 point lead into half. 42-34. First 3, minutes of the third (most important of the game ) Patriots 8-0 to push lead 16 ., Devils problem all year . Cut it to single digits once then refs missed a walk and Devils coach gets T'd up . No bench warning no that's enough just bang a T . For no foull language or nothing . Patriots better team and deserved to win . Congrats.

When will TSSAA do something about officiating. Gets worse every year . Half of them are watching the game instead of their area . They were equally bad last night . The college ref was ok . The other two didn't have a clue . That's why kids should never complain they all are going to get bad calls on them none of these refs in Tn are just that good . Went to a classic where out of state teams came to play and coaches couldn't believe how bad these tenn refs were and the things they were telling them . quite comical . Guess that's why you tell your kids you can't control the refs just play through it .

Heritage killed BDP with it's pinpoint passing, hustle, unselfishness, and will to win. I think BDP players were frustrated all night not being able to stop the Patriot machine.  Time after time it was drive the lane and convert layups.  I saw it their eyes mid way through the 2nd half.  Maybe the Devils need to work on freethrows instead of threes in practice. 

BDP student section needs to be more creative than chanting ex-girlfriends names and football (Heritage beat them at that too this year LOL).  Best I ever saw was the giant paper mache brick that the Portland students used to use.  That was creative and fun.  At least the players could meet at mid court after the game in prayer.  Glad it doesn't get too ugly on the court, unlike the Mo-town/Cheatham game.

Edited by Cleggy

I checked unapproved website pretty sure the devils are an over 70% free throw shooting team on the year so maybe the patriots got lucky they shot about 40% or might have been different game ...

There wasn't anything lucky about that win last night. Maybe the atmosphere was too big for the BDP pups.

Clergy people like you that have no clue what basketball is are why people hate heritahe . Truth be told .heritage lost how many games playing cupcakes . 2 or 3 . And that is all the students that come support your team . Says something about your student body . That was a weak crowd for a rivalry game . Heritage didn't effect devils free throw shooting . They did it to themselves not taking it serious in practice . Heritage did what they were supposed to but if heritage was as good as you say why they have 20+ turnovers both games against the devils . They better toughen up or going to be a quick exit tournament time in region .

Didn't mean it as lucky they won , but would have been different game .... but let's all get some perspective and get real here .... WH did what it was obvious they came to do ... #14 had less then 10 points give heritage other players credit for showing up and playing well .....

But let's get real here White House is starting 3 sophomores and 3/4 subs are freshmen.... these other district teams IMO should be embarrassed WH even competing much less having opportunities to win and winning against other opponents .... EVERY other team ATLEAST starting 3 seniors minimum .... that is 14/15 year olds against 18 year olds .... come on now....if any of you know ANYTHING about basketball that experience can only be learned through playing games , not anything else .... conclusion from last night : heritage the best team in the district...... does that mean they will be best team at tourney time .... only time will tell ! But I would love to see the two MATCHUP AGAIN FOR THE DUSTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP !!!