District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

If Greenbrier comes out in a 2/3 zone like they did against Westy, they could be hard to beat. West Moreland had a hard time scoring inside and out. They had a couple open 3's, but none were knocked down. 14 for Heritage is by far their best player all around feeding him the ball is the only way they can beat them. 12 for GB has some ###### defense. But it should be a great game. Looking forward to watching tonight!!

Good luck to both teams!

Who everyone got tonight??

Heritage at Greenbrier - I got heritage winning this one. COuld the bobcats throw a wrinkle in their bid at the Regular Season Championship??

White House @ Harpeth - These teams have already played twice. Fist time in beech christmas tourney WH won 59-50 , and Harpeth beat White House at White House 59-50 ......

White House has been scoring more, and playing much better as of late. They might just be starting to click at the right time. I got White House with a double digit win 

Cheatham at sycamore - sycamore plays much better at home as it has been seen this year ! Cheatham finally will have all their players back from injury and suspensions.

I think this will be a close one, but my gut tells me cheatham going to win tonight !!

Good luck to all,

The seeds should be getting closer to getting locked in after tonight !!

I think I read on here I might be wrong . Where refs robbed heritage of a win at harpeth . Normally I always say that is sour grapes . Just part of the game is what I say kids have to learn to play thru it . until last night at harpeth . Devils cruising 30-19 at half and 45-34 not sure what quarter that late third early fourth . One ref single handily took over the gsme and even went to the scorers rable laughing and said and i quote " I laugh cause it gets them riled up even more " Very unprofessional . Devils in a zone no press . harpeth tight man to man . Devils not shooting threes eithier . Fouls second half 15 devils only 5 on harpeth . I mean he was making calls in other refs zone . Devils were by far the better team that night by 15 points . The coaches lost it and surprised he didn't pop a T on them . The bb justice came thru at the end though and a sophomore played like a senior the last minute . A minute to go down six you think devils shooting 3 . My fault down 50-45 . Nope he drives splits two defenders gets hit makes the bucket no call . 3 poiny gane . Harpeth spreads gibb gets fouled with say 12 seconds 2 shots . Misses both sophomore goes length of the quart lay up . 50-49! 4.6 left . Time out . Harpeth got cute ran a player out of bounds thru it to him then he thru it back to inbounder when he stepped onto the court but he wasn't looking sophomore got it and put it in at the buzzer . Justice served . These kids deserved this one . That ref needs to be reported and if he shows up at the tournament at anytime I feel sorry for what might happen . we

I've been watching basketball games for a lot of years... I have never seen as much home cooking that goes on in Cheatham Co.  It is really something to behold. I don't get it.  It was the same with the Harpeth- Heritage matchup last week....except Heritage couldn't overcome the Refs like WH did. kudos boys !!

I saw the 10-10 video,  the last play was incredible...why even try that inbounds play !! Just chuck it down the court and let the 4 seconds run off... I think over coaching/over thinking by Harpeth staff to try that..great play by Ward in the last few mins.  

District Tiurnament starts the 15th

15th - 2 vs 7 seeds

16th - 3 vs 6

17th - 4 vs 5

18th - all the semifinals

20th - consolation games

21st - Chanpionship games

The Devils shot the ball very well last night , following up that emotional win at Harpeth ... the blue Devils seem to be coming together scoring 90 points for second time in a row in their gym (where the tourney is ) ..... 10 different players hit a 3 last night Ward (the sophomore) had 6 of their total 19 ...

Some teams have two district games left some only 1 ... heritage and harpeth look to be 1/2 ... then 3/4 looks like might come down to the WH /Westmoreland game !

Good luck all , looking forward to an exciting tournament !