District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

Very much agree with last post . Just got done watching tape on heritage - WH . Amazing the numbers I came up with . Only 17 turnovers for Heritage just seemed like more . The game was really decided in start of second quarter . WH scores first possession to go up 4 . Then do not score for 14 straight possessions resulting in 16-0 run for heritage to open up 12 point lead . Heritage 21-29 on layups. Hard to beat a team giving that many lay ups unless you are getting up 50 threes a game . WH only got up 25 making 8 . Decent percentage but not when you go empty 14 trips . Wellbourne is really good 13 points 8 assists . He must love playing WH 18 assists in two games . New blue is this normal 21 made lay ups for you all . Also heritage bench 16-13 over WH . Watching a game it looks like a mismatch but when u look at numbers from both games a couple minor adjustments these teams are close and would be a great district championship game . Better than last years . Also give heritsge coaches credit they knew what WH was doing on offense but WH players weren't smart enough to get away from the play and burn them backdoor. Heritage 2. blue devils 0 will there be a third matchup

Not sure where you are getting your information but Cheatham had 10 JV games at least last year and has 15 this year plus 5 or 6 freshmen games according to their schedules I have. I think the problem with them is numbers in years previous to last year. Coach Stew has always played JV games as far as I can remember though. I also know that White House, Greenbrier, and Sycamore all play a ton of JV and Freshmen games and always have. And you can play a ton of JV games, but until you get in those Varsity games and get those minutes, it's tough to be prepared for what you face. It doesn't matter if you are a senior or freshman.

Yeah probably should have worded that better and asked "how much if any JV are these guys playing". Good deal then, ,just told by parents that they've had maybe 10 to 12 until this year. Not a knock on coach stew or any other coach as it's hard enough coaching varsity, then having to deal with other games is tough. Post was more about the district being down this year and seeing some rookie mistakes by upper class men.

Edited by Bamapappy

B52 -  Good call on Welborn. DesMarais gets the fanfare (as he should- unbelievable athlete) but Welborn is the heartbeat of that team. For those that don't know, he picked up 3 fouls in the 1st Q vs. Greenbrier. Why he was even on the court with 2, I have no idea. Once he got the 3rd foul... he eventually fouled out in the 3rd I believe.

I went to the Springfield v WH game earlier in the yr and Springfield had a layup line too, even without their 6'5 Center (probably their best player). I told a few of the Heritage boys that if they get through the WH press... there's easy buckets to be had. It happened in both games. 

Is 21 made layups normal? Probably on the high end, but this front court has been very efficient with their touches. The front court scored 45 in the 1st game and 42 in the 2nd game. Most of those were easy looks.

fyi - I wasn't talking about WH, I was talking about Heritage coaching... when it was mentioned that it ruined the new transfer. No worries...

ohh my fault..... I think they have had same head coach Petrone, but a variety of different assistants over the years. Thought the Assistant did a good job against White House the other night as well !!

Harpeth 54-51 over Heritage

Sloppy game... turnovers and fouls galore! Refs were their usual dumpster fire selves, but by now... we all know that.

DesMarais and Neely made back to back to back 3's to bring the game to 1pt but Harpeth sealed the game at the free throw line, fittingly.

Rematch next Tuesday night @ Heritage.

Harpeth 54-51 over Heritage

Sloppy game... turnovers and fouls galore! Refs were their usual dumpster fire selves, but by now... we all know that.

DesMarais and Neely made back to back to back 3's to bring the game to 1pt but Harpeth sealed the game at the free throw line, fittingly.

Rematch next Tuesday night @ Heritage.

as for this district everyone is right its sr loaded but that good for those teams mean they should have plenty experience but as was stated early in the year this district is ranked in the bottom 5 maybe bottom 3 in the state so it makes complete sense to me why its so upside down or no clear favorite. I've looked at everyone schedule win and losses and it makes me smile that stuff like this could happen its good for the district and fans because you just never know any given night who will win...greenbrier over heritage.... wh over gb.... heritage over wh lol...harpeth beats wh, wh beats harpeth one is at the top of district other looks like it dosent know where they stand its just up and down for the whole district sycamore has beat someone i saw and then lost to someone i thought they would have won so I am hoping I can make this district tourney because every game is a coin flip good luck to the rest of the year. If I cant make the district I will at least see four of y'all at the region!!

haha as I stated previously this district is a coin flip...close your eyes and pick a team. 7 of the most up and down teams...anyone can beat anyone (TRUTH truth guy lol)

but I am sure that was a fun game to watch as a basketball fan obviously not for any heritage fan though

That's why this district is garbage . Harpeth is awful and they are first .. you lose and say how did that team beat us . Goes to show when a team plays hard smart and does the little things . . Heritage and harpeth most likely will finish 1-2 but who knows in this district . Not even trying to pick tonight's games

Heritage got out rebounded and out shot in the second half of the Westmoreland game. But Heritage prevailed with just enough umph and clutch free throws to win the game in the end. Good regular season sweep.

Looking back at records....Westmoreland has won every single district regular season game against White House Heritage since Heritage moved into 9AA with them !! I am just figuring this out really while I am writing this. I had no clue it had been that lopsided. The teams have never met in the District Tournament. here ya go.. 

2013-14 The first year WWHeritage moved up.

Westmoreland 43-38

Westmoreland 44-42

2014-15

Westmoreland 42-26

Westmoreland 48-39

2015-16

Westmoreland 54-43

Westmoreland 63-50

2016-17

White House Heritage 43-17

White House Heritage 52-49

It is CRUNCH TIME people.  2 weeks left and some very important games coming up.  Who can run the table?

Currently first place-                       GAMES LEFT TO PLAY.

HARPETH -                             Heritage, White House, Westmoreland.

2nd. Heritage-                          Harpeth, Greenbrier, Sycamore, Cheatham

3rd. Westmoreland-                  Greenbrier, Harpeth, White House

4th. White House-                     Cheatham, Harpeth, Westmoreland

5th. Sycamore-                         Cheatham, Greenbrier, Heritage

tie for last Cheatham-                White House, Sycamore, Greenbrier, Heritage

Greenbrier-                                 Westmoreland, Heritage, Cheatham, Sycamore

Tuesday games :

Harpeth at Heritage.

BIG Game for both teams.  I feel Heritage will bounce back and win. Hopefully the first of a 4 game winning streak to end the district season 10-2.

Cheatham at White House.  Should be an easy win for White House.

Greenbrier at Westmoreland.  Greenbrier could make a run up the board with a win .  But I don't see it .  Westy gets the win at home

Depending on how these next games play out.... 8-4 district record might win it.(tie breakers will come in to play)   9-3 will be great and prob win it.  10-2 will be excellent.  Harpeth is the only one that can go 11-1 but they could easily go 0-3 in next three games. idk   Its going to be interesting.  Lets play ball !!

Agree it is crunch time.

These teams are all bunched up , and it seems seeds 3-7 are definitely up for grabs!!

It will be interesting to see who will fall where, and how that affects the tournament !!

As I said from the beginning of the year, I would love to see an all White House Final!

1 seed plays the winner of 4/5

3 plays 6 

2 plays 7

More will be known of who will be the 1 and 2 seed after Tuesday night !

I like heritage at home, and to ultimately be the 1 seed.

Westmoreland, Harpeth, and White House all still have to play each other.

Harpeth could lose next three games and still be the #2 seed depending on the westmoreland white house game. Which could be a huge seeding game.

My picks for tuesday

Heritage over Harpeth

WH over Cheatham

Westmoreland over Greenbrier.

My PREDICTION:

1) Heritage (10-2)

2) Harpeth  (8-4) 

3) White House (7-5) - winning tie breaker of head to head over Westmoreland

4) Westmoreland (7-5)

5) Sycamore (5-7)

6) Greenbrier (3-9) - winning tie breaker over cheatham with Heritage Win

7) Cheatham (3-9) - dangerous 7 seed with probably being healthy, and no more suspensions

Good luck to all, and probably setting up for a WILD TOURNEY