Big Games in Memphis - Week 4

kwc

To those picking Trezevant over Ensworth, BHS in particular.

Yes, Trezevant beat Ensworth 14-10 last year.  The eventual 4A state champion beat the worst Ensworth team by far in its history, that finished FIFTH in their league DIVISION.  I did not consider this much if any of an upset.

Ensworth is much better this year.  Last year's sophomore laden team is now a junior laden team.  I believe I read they have 18 returning starters.  They have one of the absolute best coaching staffs in the state, they are playing at home, and they will be motivated for payback.  Admittedly, I have zero idea how this year's Trezevant team compares to last, but unless they are much better, they should lose this game, no matter how good Richardson is.  But, hey, it's football, anything can happen, and I'll be watching the game and pulling for my hometown Bears.

I just wouldn't b bet on them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Trezevant beat Ensworth 14-10 last year.  The eventual 4A state champion beat the worst Ensworth team by far in its history, that finished FIFTH in their league DIVISION.  I did not consider this much if any of an upset.

Ensworth is much better this year.  Last year's sophomore laden team is now a junior laden team.  I believe I read they have 18 returning starters.  They have one of the absolute best coaching staffs in the state, they are playing at home, and they will be motivated for payback Admittedly, I have zero idea how this year's Trezevant team compares to last, but unless they are much better, they should lose this game, no matter how good Richardson is.  But, hey, it's football, anything can happen, and I'll be watching the game and pulling for my hometown Bears.

Wow ... talk about ... just WOW! 

WOW!

Go Trezevant!

Edited by kwc

Yes, Trezevant beat Ensworth 14-10 last year. The eventual 4A state champion beat the worst Ensworth team by far in its history, that finished FIFTH in their league DIVISION. I did not consider this much if any of an upset.

Ensworth is much better this year. Last year's sophomore laden team is now a junior laden team. I believe I read they have 18 returning starters. They have one of the absolute best coaching staffs in the state, they are playing at home, and they will be motivated for payback. Admittedly, I have zero idea how this year's Trezevant team compares to last, but unless they are much better, they should lose this game, no matter how good Richardson is. But, hey, it's football, anything can happen, and I'll be watching the game and pulling for my hometown Bears.

What if Trezevant got better with the people they brought back that played last year?

What if Trezevant got better with the people they brought back that played last year?

OK.  What if?  Have they?  I don't know.  This is why I almost never post on this blog anymore.  You try to find some offense in almost everything people say that you disagree with.  Let me spell it out more simply.  Trezevant barely beat EHS last year.  EHS is much better this year.  Unless Trezevant also is much better (I don't know, maybe they are, but they lost to the only decent team they have played) then logically they should lose the rematch. This is not a "dig" on Trezevant.  It's just my opinion.  Just because Richardson is the "best player on the field" as you asserted on another blog doesn't mean Trezevant has an edge.  It's a TEAM sport.  One player is not going to beat a good team like Ensworth.  I'm sure their coach (Ricky Bowers) has a plan to keep him from running wild.

Ensworth is much better this year.  Last year's sophomore laden team is now a junior laden team.  I believe I read they have 18 returning starters.  They have one of the absolute best coaching staffs in the state, they are playing at home, and they will be motivated for payback.  Admittedly, I have zero idea how this year's Trezevant team compares to last, but unless they are much better, they should lose this game, no matter how good Richardson is.  But, hey, it's football, anything can happen, and I'll be watching the game and pulling for my hometown Bears.

Trezevant was and still is 2A not 4A. They should not be able to compete with Ensworth's worst team but they did.

Trezevant was and still is 2A not 4A. They should not be able to compete with Ensworth's worst team but they did.

Trezevant was the best in 4A last year not 2A.  Alcoa is the best of 3A.  Want to discuss their ability to compete with a Division II team much less last year's Ensworth team?  Brentwood Academy would be 1A or 2A if they were a public school.  Think that size always matters?  If you're a top team it doesn't matter. 

OK. What if? Have they? I don't know. This is why I almost never post on this blog anymore. You try to find some offense in almost everything people say that you disagree with. Let me spell it out more simply. Trezevant barely beat EHS last year. EHS is much better this year. Unless Trezevant also is much better (I don't know, maybe they are, but they lost to the only decent team they have played) then logically they should lose the rematch. This is not a "dig" on Trezevant. It's just my opinion. Just because Richardson is the "best player on the field" as you asserted on another blog doesn't mean Trezevant has an edge. It's a TEAM sport. One player is not going to beat a good team like Ensworth. I'm sure their coach (Ricky Bowers) has a plan to keep him from running wild.

Trezevant is 2A and they were last year. I found no offense, I pointed out a thought that you may have not had. Ensworth was much better tonight but it wasn't outside the realm of possibility that they could have been better since they were better last season.

Trezevant was the best in 4A last year not 2A.  Alcoa is the best of 3A.  Want to discuss their ability to compete with a Division II team much less last year's Ensworth team?  Brentwood Academy would be 1A or 2A if they were a public school.  Think that size always matters?  If you're a top team it doesn't matter. 

Trezevant is the defending 2A State Champions. Not 4A.