CPA vs Pearl-Cohn

FBfan26

With Liberty playing Pearl Cohn in a few weeks we should have some idea of how the top teams in west tn compare to CPA. I have a feeling we are a lot better but I won't write CPA off til I see them out of the playoffs.

Yea because Stratford or CPA is heading that way in the Playoffs. CPA is young and you can tell.

Wow, 3 blow-out losses in first 4 games for CPA. Watch your back Ingle, fans and administrators can suffer from short term memory...

yeah, losses to a 7A GA school, best 4A in TN and another top 4A team. Oh and next Ensworth so they go into district play 1-4. Losing 25 seniors might put you in that position. IMO they still make the playoffs. Edited by FBGIRL

yeah, losses to a 7A GA school, best 4A in TN and another top 4A team. Oh and next Ensworth so they go into district play 1-4. Losing 25 seniors might put you in that position. IMO they still make the playoffs.

Hope not, would be totally undeserving and would not want or wish that on anyone, but not like it has never happened before...

Wow, 3 blow-out losses in first 4 games for CPA.  Watch your back Ingle, fans and administrators can suffer from short term memory...

I'd wager there is not a single football parent that thinks less of Coach Martin today than we did before the season started. Everyone knew this year would be a struggle given our schedule and overall youth. It's a lot of fun to win and be talked about as one of the best teams in the state, but that's really not the end goal. And, it's unreasonable to think you can play at that level every year (unless you're Alcoa et al.).

My kid is still learning the same lessons to prepare him to be an adult this year just like he was last year. Don't get me wrong, losses suck, but life sucks at times also :)

I'd wager there is not a single football parent that thinks less of Coach Martin today than we did before the season started. Everyone knew this year would be a struggle given our schedule and overall youth. It's a lot of fun to win and be talked about as one of the best teams in the state, but that's really not the end goal. And, it's unreasonable to think you can play at that level every year (unless you're Alcoa et al.).

My kid is still learning the same lessons to prepare him to be an adult this year just like he was last year. Don't get me wrong, losses suck, but life sucks at times also :)

Completely agree but a couple years ago when CPA was killing everyone many on here were saying it was all coaching but now that he is losing it is due to youth. Like I said way back then in high school football you will find good and bad coaches but you will not find a coach that just simply wins consistently at a high level without having the athletes to do so. Edited by BooWhoWiseMan

Completely agree but a couple years ago when CPA was killing everyone many on here were saying it was all coaching but now that he is losing it is due to youth. Like I said way back then in high school football you will find good and bad coaches but you will not find a coach that just simply wins consistently at a high level without having the athletes to do so.

That's true! But people saying he could lose his job has no clue bout high school football.