Giles County @ Marshall County : Rivalry Game

Lead

Someone mentioned the field conditions on Friday night if it rains. I'll tell ya', the man that got that field in shape, Coach Joe George, now retired, did an excellent job over the years making sure that it can handle a little shower and still be good for play. One reason being, the football field is our Baseball field outfield and Coach George being the baseball coach all those years really kept everything top notch. I don't know who cares for it now but they inherited something that that was really cared for. The rain chances are minimal Friday so if it does come a little shower, that field can handle it. The Parking lot will flood....but not the field! LOL! I loved this game against GCHS when I was at MCHS 83-87, in my opinion it's one of the best heated, hard hitting Rivalry's in Middle TN. Both Teams are good this year and there's more than one story line to this one! One of the biggest is Pride and braggin' rights for now! Nobody knows what the rest of their season holds. But after watching GC whoop Lincoln County last week, I know they have playmakers. Of course the Falcons are not worthy of basing an opinion on, I'm sad to report. In fact, Cornersville or Richland could prolly beat them this year. So we can throw that out as a measuring stick. Both teams have good QB's, good skill position players, good defenses and good Coaching. I'm hoping it's a clean game and no one from either side gets any serious injuries. This one is going to be a battle! I'm going to throw out my prediction, MC 28 GC 21. GO TIGERS! BTW...I'll be wearing my MC State Champion Football Ring. It's old and one of a kind but it just might bring some good luck! That is something both teams will need Friday Night!

Good post

Lead your dreaming again. Hard nose football coming Friday. Gonna be closer than that.[/quote

His prediction is going to be more accurate than the many "a lot closer than expected" forecast. Look for Giles to go with some gadgets and tricks when the pressure is turned up and MC gets up a couple possessions. As far as someone predicting MC to win this one but lose in the playoff rematch (if there is one) just think about this, OC hasn't won a playoff game in over 3 years, since he was at Giles before he left for greener pastures. Although two of his three playoff losses were to Hoover so that is a pretty bad run of luck. This rivalry is intense and is what high school sports are all about. I don't expect bobcat fans to blame the loss on the Oconner brothers being in the booth this time!

Edited by justagoodoleboy

That is great 1969, but you have played no tough teams so far, here are the records of the teams you have played  Franklin Co. 1-3. Overton 2-2. Tullahoma 0-4. East Nashville 1-3. This is a big rivalry and I guarantee you wont see your jv qb tomorrow night, Wallace will have to play 4. This is not the same Giles team from last year..trust me. :roflolk: 42-14 :roflolk: now that is funny..see you tomorrow!! Go Bobcats!!

That is great 1969, but you have played no tough teams so far, here are the records of the teams you have played Franklin Co. 1-3. Overton 2-2. Tullahoma 0-4. East Nashville 1-3. This is a big rivalry and I guarantee you wont see your jv qb tomorrow night, Wallace will have to play 4. This is not the same Giles team from last year..trust me. :roflolk: 42-14 :roflolk: now that is funny..see you tomorrow!! Go Bobcats!!

Catfan, I very much agree!!! This is a BIG rivalry game and records are OUT the window!!! BUT... opponents records for Giles is about as BAD!!! Columbia... 0-4, Shelbyville... 3-1 (ONE WIN against 0-4 Tullahoma,ONE WIN against 1-3 Lawrence and a WIN against GILES), Lawrence Co. ...1-3 (their ONE WIN came against 0-4 Columbia), Lincoln... 1-2 (their ONE WIN came against 1-3 Lawrence whose ONE WIN came against 0-4 Columbia)!!!!😂😂😂

Yes, I know that was repetitive at the end, but I thought it would be funny???

Lead your dreaming again. Hard nose football coming Friday. Gonna be closer than that.[/quote

His prediction is going to be more accurate than the many "a lot closer than expected" forecast. Look for Giles to go with some gadgets and tricks when the pressure is turned up and MC gets up a couple possessions. As far as someone predicting MC to win this one but lose in the playoff rematch (if there is one) just think about this, OC hasn't won a playoff game in over 3 years, since he was at Giles before he left for greener pastures. Although two of his three playoff losses were to Hoover so that is a pretty bad run of luck. This rivalry is intense and is what high school sports are all about. I don't expect bobcat fans to blame the loss on the Oconner brothers being in the booth this time!

Just think about this, OC may not have won a playoff game the last 3 years in 6A Alabama football, but he went 16-6 in the playoffs during his 7 years at Giles. That includes one year when he lost to Marshall Co. in the regular season but beat them in the playoffs. He also has a record of 7-1 against Marshall Co. during that time. Plus, if Walt could manage to beat Osteen in the playoffs I think OC should be okay 😂

Edited by Shadowcat

Catfan, I very much agree!!! This is a BIG rivalry game and records are OUT the window!!! BUT... opponents records for Giles is about as BAD!!! Columbia... 0-4, Shelbyville... 3-1 (ONE WIN against 0-4 Tullahoma,ONE WIN against 1-3 Lawrence and a WIN against GILES), Lawrence Co. ...1-3 (their ONE WIN came against 0-4 Columbia), Lincoln... 1-2 (their ONE WIN came against 1-3 Lawrence whose ONE WIN came against 0-4 Columbia)!!!!

Yes, I know that was repetitive at the end, but I thought it would be funny???

Chiledeme dont get your chilis in a wad, I was just making a point to Marshall1969 post thinking this is going to be a cake walk and thinking yalls jv qb will play because of the major whipping you going to give us..Go back and read his post on page 6, yes it is funny!! Noway in a mules tail yall are winning this 42-14....we will take it by a feild goal...bring plenty of milk jugs and rocks! Just like years before we will be sitting with all yall..on the home side!!

Edited by Catfan68

That is great 1969, but you have played no tough teams so far, here are the records of the teams you have played Franklin Co. 1-3. Overton 2-2. Tullahoma 0-4. East Nashville 1-3. This is a big rivalry and I guarantee you wont see your jv qb tomorrow night, Wallace will have to play 4. This is not the same Giles team from last year..trust me. :roflolk: 42-14 :roflolk: now that is funny..see you tomorrow!! Go Bobcats!!

This is not the same Marshall team from last year either. Like I said 42-14 Edited by leadfarmer

Chiledeme dont get your chilis in a wad, I was just making a point to Marshall1969 post thinking this is going to be a cake walk and thinking yalls jv qb will play because of the major whipping you going to give us..Go back and read his post on page 6, yes it is funny!! Noway in a mules tail yall are winning this 42-14....we will take it by a feild goal...bring plenty of milk jugs and rocks! Just like years before we will be sitting with all yall..on the home side!!

LOL... Yes sir. I saw it and I agree with you. Giles is a much improved squad this year, with the addition of y'alls newcomer QB. Very gaudy stats after four games (#15 in the NATION I believe???)

This should turn out to be one of the "good 'OL day" games!!! Knockdown dragout who ever can score last???