Giles County @ Marshall County : Rivalry Game

Lead

Bobcats played only 1 tough team so far and Lost. We beat that team in a scrimmage and won 42-7. I know it's just a scrimmage but we killed them. And Bryce's numbers are mostly for 3 quarters JV player has played most of 4th quarter at QB.

MC 42

GC 14

Everybody based the outcome of the Lincoln Co. game on how each team played Lawrence Co. Now your saying the outcome of this game is based on how they both played Shelbyville? lol

Marshall Co. obviously the heavy favorite and they should be.I think it will be more of a game than everybody thinks.Just hope it's closer than last year

Here we go.  Coaching staffs, even, QBs, even, now it comes down to the supporting cast.  Special teams I have no clue, but I doubt a ball will be kicked to your play makers on purpose. I know a lot of your scores come off of your defense and punt and kick off returns, which is another reason marshall1969 can put for his qb numbers being less than GCs.  This will be the first start for both of these qbs against a true rival team with their current team.  Who will handle the pressure from the game and defensive line will decide the outcome.  Wish it was a a venue that was equal to the importance of the game.  But for some reason playing in the outfield and the out of bounds of rec center golf course just doesn't equal the magnitude of this game.  GO CATS!!

Here we go. Coaching staffs, even, QBs, even, now it comes down to the supporting cast. Special teams I have no clue, but I doubt a ball will be kicked to your play makers on purpose. I know a lot of your scores come off of your defense and punt and kick off returns, which is another reason marshall1969 can put for his qb numbers being less than GCs. This will be the first start for both of these qbs against a true rival team with their current team. Who will handle the pressure from the game and defensive line will decide the outcome. Wish it was a a venue that was equal to the importance of the game. But for some reason playing in the outfield and the out of bounds of rec center golf course just doesn't equal the magnitude of this game. GO CATS!!

THAT, my friend, is one topic I feel positive that the true BLUE ALUMNI will agree on!!! We have needed our OWN stadium (NEW LOCATION) for MANY years now. But, just FYI, that is in the works.

GOOD LUCK to both teams and prayers for an injury free game!!! GO BLUE!!!

Here we go. Coaching staffs, even, QBs, even, now it comes down to the supporting cast. Special teams I have no clue, but I doubt a ball will be kicked to your play makers on purpose. I know a lot of your scores come off of your defense and punt and kick off returns, which is another reason marshall1969 can put for his qb numbers being less than GCs. This will be the first start for both of these qbs against a true rival team with their current team. Who will handle the pressure from the game and defensive line will decide the outcome. Wish it was a a venue that was equal to the importance of the game. But for some reason playing in the outfield and the out of bounds of rec center golf course just doesn't equal the magnitude of this game. GO CATS!!

It's not the brickyard but it's 100 yards none the less. Doesn't matter if it was played in a gravel parking lot. We have only had 2 special teams touchdowns and maybe 2 defensive touchdowns this season. I wouldn't classify that as "alot" of scores. Edited by leadfarmer

Someone mentioned the field conditions on Friday night if it rains. I'll tell ya', the man that got that field in shape, Coach Joe George, now retired, did an excellent job over the years making sure that it can handle a little shower and still be good for play. One reason being, the football field is our Baseball field outfield and Coach George being the baseball coach all those years really kept everything top notch. I don't know who cares for it now but they inherited something that that was really cared for. The rain chances are minimal Friday so if it does come a little shower, that field can handle it. The Parking lot will flood....but not the field! LOL! I loved this game against GCHS when I was at MCHS 83-87, in my opinion it's one of the best heated, hard hitting Rivalry's in Middle TN. Both Teams are good this year and there's more than one story line to this one! One of the biggest is Pride and braggin' rights for now! Nobody knows what the rest of their season holds. But after watching GC whoop Lincoln County last week, I know they have playmakers. Of course the Falcons are not worthy of basing an opinion on, I'm sad to report. In fact, Cornersville or Richland could prolly beat them this year. So we can throw that out as a measuring stick. Both teams have good QB's, good skill position players, good defenses and good Coaching. I'm hoping it's a clean game and no one from either side gets any serious injuries. This one is going to be a battle! I'm going to throw out my prediction, MC 28 GC 21. GO TIGERS! BTW...I'll be wearing my MC State Champion Football Ring. It's old and one of a kind but it just might bring some good luck! That is something both teams will need Friday Night!

I agree 120 yards is 120 yards.  My point was the amount of money that could be made if it was held at an adequate venue.  Nothing wrong with the field or jumbo tron.  Lack of seating for visitors is a deal breaker for some that are on the fence about coming.  Our stadium wasn't as nice til we brought in a Wallace and I have heard the words "If you build it He will come mentioned" about the MC new stadium.  Good luck to all Friday. GO CATS!!!