The Viking's Ship Sails Into Tornado Waters. UC vs Humboldt

BigSwo

Wow. Way to go Vikings for staying with them. I've got to admit that when I thought to check the score on here, I wasn't quite expecting to see it so close. It goes to show that you never know what will happen on any given Friday night in High School football. From my skimming, I take it UC had a key player or 2 out?

UC had starting qb/DB out. Slot/lb went out with knee injury. One DB didn't start for some reason. Also Some sickness going around team this week. UC still has some work to do on defense. Offense will be hard for anyone to stop.

Refs weren't great for either team tonight.

UC had 4th and 1 on goal line, Vikings stuffed play up in a big pile, and came out of scrum with the ball, and yet refs called it a TD for Tornadoes. Bet Humbolt wished there was instant replay reviews for HS games. But Vikings came back and scored within a minute or so. Looks like they gonna run outta time though. This is a barnburner. Humboldt surprising everyone playing toe to toe with Tornadoes. Wow!

I was on the goal line, the ball crossed the plane before the fumble. Offense did what it does. Defense, well, not the defense of a 6-0 team. Big issues against the pass.

UC had starting qb/DB out. Slot/lb went out with knee injury. One DB didn't start for some reason. Also Some sickness going around team this week. UC still has some work to do on defense. Offense will be hard for anyone to stop.

Refs weren't great for either team tonight.

I knew we were not up to our full potential. I saw a lot of our normal players on the sidelines but ddint no why. Thanks for sharing the part about the sickness.

I was on the goal line, the ball crossed the plane before the fumble. Offense did what it does. Defense, well, not the defense of a 6-0 team. Big issues against the pass.

Same here. Definitely a touchdown. Ball came out after rb crossed goaline and then hit the ground. Good call (td, not fumble) from very close observation standpoint.

Whew we, what a game. We take it anyway we can get it. That's the worse we have looked on D in a decade. Credit goes out to the Vikings tonight. They was well coached it's obvious the Vikings had us schemed up tonight. They had one heck of a game plan. They set us up with us getting beat with man coverage on the outside. So then we had to start rolling the safety over for help. And that's when it got really bad. The QB would look the safety off to the edge and then make plays with his feet with the safety already on the outside. Our D Line got great push and #14 (BAM) lived in the backfield the whole night. Only problem was that Vikings QB was a strait up baller. He looked just like the Malone kid from Peabody. Our O did not really miss a beat with the new QB. He played a great game and also gave his heart out at the linebacker pos. We really miss our starting QB in the Secodary tonight. Laz is a lights out safety with his speed in the secodary, we could used him tonight. I really knew the O would still be fine. It's a lil more grinded it game with #6 in at QB instead of Laz. You really loose the big gasher plays that Laz brings but you can slow clock down more with #6. Either wouldn't of mattered tonight bc Humbodlt could have score 70 if that's what they needed. Really the extra point game was the deciding factor in the game. We got exposed that's for sure. But hey now we can say we are battled tested. We will be ready for Lions. Go UC

Vikings stop UC & get ball at midfield with about a minute left. Here we go. Big pass to 30 yd line. Can Vikings shock the world with a W? They've definitely put a huge shot of confidence in their veins playing lights out. ... oops, Vikings fumble on next play just after a pass play into endzone that UC's own radio announcers said should have been an interference call. Humboldt played amazingly and no doubt some will say awful officiating stole the game away from them. Tornadoes dodged a bullet. Radio guys said 540 total yards for Vikings, 350 (or so) for UC, who pulled out the win. What a night!

Yes the radio guy made that very clear