THS vs EHS: Will Tennessee High ever win again?

GoVikes72

We should never rebuild in Bristol. We should just reload like all the good teams do! Does Maryville rebuild? Does Dobyns-Bennett or Greenville? The talent's there, but it ain't being coached!

If they need to come out of that offense, a good coach would get us out of it. Why don't we run what Maryville runs? It works for them! Instead we have to run the same 2 plays all night. When everybody in the stands and even the radio guy knows what's coming next we've got problems. Gotta open it up COACH! SPREAD EM OUT MORE AND THROW THE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!

We should be hanging with Dobyns Bennett and competing for state in 5A every year. One loss is one loss too many and now we have THREE!!!!!!! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!

Swipes nobody would pay me to help coach, coaches have egos. Swipes go pull up any Maryville game and only watch their first 10 offensive plays. U will learn that Maryville is already 5 steps ahead of any program in tn. The kids are taught in the junior leagues basic discipline blocking football.

Before this season ever started, before last season, the season before that, and on and on we know Maryville was going to be in the title picture somewhere. This thread is about tn high having some good teams, but their down right now. Memphis, Murfreesboro teams, db u name it have down years but Maryville. Why hmmmm? Cause it doesn't matter who Quarles plugs in Maryville is the best blocking scheme team in tn. Every team blocks but not to the extent of the rebels. They never stop until the whistle blows. Tight ends blocking, linebackers, rb's coming out the back field blocking defensive ends, blocking linebackers, then coming for the safeties. If you block every defender then that leaves nobody to make a tackle. So i ask why sit back in traditional defense and allow that to happen year after year 42-0 at halftime. Now go watch and concentrate on Maryville first 10 plays, then go watch another team first 10 plays, then u will witness the same thing i did.

This goes for you or anybody else that's wants to be a coach. A minor trick. Take von miller and demarcus ware. Miller is listed at linebacker but he plays de. Ware is your traditional de, miller isn't. Ware is a 9 sack a year guy, miller is a 19 sack guy. Why cause miller is small, fast he beats the offensive lineman everytime. Take a backup running back put him at the nose guard spot, don't use the traditional nose guard. The rb will beat that center everytime and cause pressure. Von miller at de doesn't mean denver automatically wins but it helps their cause. Neither will putting the rb at nose will be automatic but it sure will help.

I've watched more game film on Maryville than you want to know in my lifetime. I've played against them in high school, I also coached against them as a former coach in the same conference. If you think your the first person to think putting a RB at the nose position against Maryville then your crazy. You can shoot the gap but it doesn't mean the RB (that has never played ng in their life) will know what to do against a center that has been coached by GQ. I would have loved to see a team do that when Jay Guillermo was the center. The RB would have died! The difference is the buy in of the players and community. Maryville is a very well oiled machine. Since they are little grass hoppers those kids dream of putting on that jersey. There ball boys end up being the QB later on in life. They take pride in what they do and play till the whistle blows. They might not always have the most athletic team on the field but they make up for it in football smarts, but do they let them fool you there has been some great D1 players come out of Maryville.

Bad comparison between Miller and Ware. Miller is Outside linebacker that puts his hand in the ground when they want pressure but will also drop in coverage so no he is not a DE in the Broncos D. He is a hybrid. Ware and Miller are the same size Miller is just a more athletic , faster, and better player than Ware right now in his career. Demarcus is a 12 year vet that actually has had 2 seasons of 19 or more sacks were Miller hasn't ever had 19 in a season......

Edited by Swipes
  • Upvote 1

The 09 Viking team was better than the 04 team in my opinion. Northeast Tn was way down in 04. When you only beat a 4-6 Morristown West team 17-6 in the first round after all they lost from the state runner up team the year before I knew Maryville would mop the floor with them

Still can't believe that 2009 team lost to Boone after killing them a few weeks earlier

Another issue for the Maroon Machine is that the opponents know to focus on 3-4 individuals to shut us down. Don't get me wrong not all should play, but there are numerous kids on the sidelines who have never been afforded an opportunity to help the team. Lots of talent either not used or under utilized. That would also allow the "stars" an opportunity to get some much needed rest.

Good thing you don't play East this year, man they would tear down the school.

:popcorneater:

But seriously, I have not figured out if this post if serious or just a drama filled troll post to get Bristol talking.  I have seen people blaming the coaches and the school, but heaven forbid they blame the players or the parents.  Enrollment is going down, less people are going to TN High, football is not as important in this area 10 years ago as it is now, and less kids are wanting to transfer to TN High from Sullivan County.  You keep kicking out coaches, you don't let a program develop but hey..... how about that turf field?  It looks great.

You all are in the same boat as everyone else, grow up.