THS vs EHS: Will Tennessee High ever win again?

GoVikes72

Still can't believe that 2009 team lost to Boone after killing them a few weeks earlier

THS was not mentally prepared for that 2nd Boone game.     The Vikings were way more talented that year and should have made it to the title game.     In the end Boone just wanted that one more.     Wish we had that attitude every game...

Swipes I'm glad your a coach. I would love to be a coach. So educate me on this to me it seems like a no brainer when you have a athletic qb like Fulton to run the cincy bengals formation when they line 4 wideouts bunch together on 1 side then 3 bunch together on the other side. Of course all wideouts can't be eligible but that would create linemans and linebackers guarding receivers. Then that only leaves the qb with 1 free man to beat. Their advantages all day long, the defense wouldn't know who to guard. I ask you if you were coaching a very athletic team would u run the bengals formation and do you know if the tssaa rules would allow that formation.

You can't be serious.  7 wide outs, four on one side, 3 on the other?  Do you realize  how many o-lineman that leaves?  3 to block 4.  Please stop.

Swipes I'm glad your a coach. I would love to be a coach. So educate me on this to me it seems like a no brainer when you have a athletic qb like Fulton to run the cincy bengals formation when they line 4 wideouts bunch together on 1 side then 3 bunch together on the other side. Of course all wideouts can't be eligible but that would create linemans and linebackers guarding receivers. Then that only leaves the qb with 1 free man to beat. Their advantages all day long, the defense wouldn't know who to guard. I ask you if you were coaching a very athletic team would u run the bengals formation and do you know if the tssaa rules would allow that formation.

You can line up into any formation as long as you have 7 men on the line of scrimmage. The 4 others must be 1 yard or farther behind the line of scrimmage. Of the 7 on the line of the scrimmage the farthest one on the line of scrimmage is the only player eligible to go out for a pass. But to answer your question as a coach no I would not line up like the bengals do. Fulton doesn't have the line to give malone time trying to block 4 players with 3. It might work once but there is a reason you don't see teams running the swinging gate play every play

Dude if you put 4 linemans down then that leaves the middle wide open. All u receiver need to do is a 3 step slant then he's off to the races, no more defenders to help. That's why i present the question to a coach please don't answer if you don't have a clue about football

I coached high school football varisity for nine years,  You played for 1 year 4th string.    See if you can follow.  7 wide recievers + 3 "linemans" + 1 quarterback = 11 on offense.  7 go out for pass.  1 qb throws, leaves 3 offensive lineman to block 4 pass rushers.  Duh!  Won't work.  again please stop.  

Edited by oridgecat

You're right, sending a guy in motion is a good way to get the defense to give away their coverage.  Many times you will see this:  A guy goes in motion just so the offensive staff can watch to see how the defense adjusts. So the next time they show the same motion, the offense will know before the snap where they have the best match up that is to their advantage.

I can't speak for alot of other teams.  But when Oak Ridge lines Tee up in the slot and sends him in motion, it gives other teams fits, they all adjust with him leaving the back side wide open for other things.  

Lol. If he weigh 300lbs then he isn't getting anywhere. Stars leave me alone your going to have enough of me on the Maryville/db thread. I'm staying away from the bearden thread but here you have it. 31-0 Maryville at halftime. Don't know the final score when you guys start inserting 2nd string an so on.

I hope you learn how to quote by the time the Mairvul/DB thread is started.

Mlreb you on me too, aww man. U guys won't let me catch a break. U and rw87 also need to teach me to do a profile picture. I need to put a bearcat picture, represent for the va.

Rw87 u know i don't have long to figure the quote out. The bearden game will end around 10, stars will have the Maryville/db thread up before midnight. Stars won't allow anybody to get home in time lol.

Must be an attention thing. It's not rocket science.
  • Upvote 1

Mlreb you on me too, aww man. U guys won't let me catch a break. U and rw87 also need to teach me to do a profile picture. I need to put a bearcat picture, represent for the va.

Rw87 u know i don't have long to figure the quote out. The bearden game will end around 10, stars will have the Maryville/db thread up before midnight. Stars won't allow anybody to get home in time lol.

I could tell you, but I don't want to. It's too much fun watching you struggle with it.

index_zpswjtw011h.jpg