THS vs EHS: Will Tennessee High ever win again?

GoVikes72

Still can't believe that 2009 team lost to Boone after killing them a few weeks earlier

Looking back at that time, the first time we played, TN High had a career highlight night from multiple positions.  QB couldn't miss, receivers couldn't drop, and a lot of those huge plays were finger tip plays.  It got away from Boone, but I remember four TD where normally they would be dropped balls, but TN High couldn't miss that night.  

Offensively, TN High only did about 6 things.  Stop the 6 things, bend but not break on other stuff, and  you have a good game plan.  If TN High would have successfully had another set in offense to mess with people, I agree they would have been state contenders.

The whole stadium was flat that night.  That score from 2 or 3 weeks earlier had everyone thinking  about Catholic or South, not little Boone.  By the time TN High woke up it was too late, Boone had their number and got it done.  

Would TN High win the state..... debatable.  South got beat fairly easily in the next round, and that South team was pretty darn good too.  And that is a South team that, by the end of the game, had Boone easily beat.  I think West TN and Central TN football would have caught up with the Vikings one of those weeks.  But no doubt, all around, that 2009 Vikings team had talent left and right.

Edited by formerblazer

stars don't know if you really meant it but the feeling is mutual. I will be so depressed if i don't get to make it down to the db game to meet you. And stars when we get to the week of Oct 21st i hope i don't rub u the wrong way. I seriously think that this is BC year to take over the conference but, let's not jump ahead

Well raise the flag and fire the cannons!! You quoted someone!!