Raleigh Egypt @ Bolivar

tonym3143

They will bring a balanced attack and have probably 8 playmakers...very athletic team. We have a 6'6" junior receiver that hasn't played yet this year. Could pose more problems for defenses when he returns We will put points on the board...question will be...can RE outscore us. Boliver does have consistent weaknesses and I expect RE to try to exploit them...it will definitely be interesting.

Hey tonym.... Tell Jerry Rhodes that BIGPURPLEMACHINE is coming for him in the playoffs and he needs to be very afraid!! lol!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but i will say  this...it is nice to see bolivar turn things around...and im even happy for RE...they will continue to grow and actually be a force in football...just not this year...

It's a learning process. When you are coming from a losing perspective and some one is introducing a winning perspective to you ... it takes time for the culture to change. I think that RE is on the right track. When I found out who their HC was going to be I predicted then that RE would have a turn around. Should coach Wright stay at RE then I will venture to say that RE will be in many a post season to come with actual potential to go all the way. I'm very curious to see how both of these programs respond to this game because it seems that both are undergoing a change their culture.

Edited by kwc

The turnaround in region 8 has been mind blowing...I'm sad to see Covington fall off, but I hope it's just the injury bug and nothing else...I'm extremely happy for fayette ware and the success that those young men deserve thanks to having a coach and staff that won't give up on them...bolivar and Raleigh are very impressive considering where they came from the past few years...now if only Melrose could find their groove...omg football in west TN would be a must see event like our basketball...

I expect region 7 to win 3 of the 4 match ups this postseason...but region 8 has really closed the gap from top to bottom

Well done to all the young men playing football and the coaching staffs leading them...

I expect region 7 to win 3 of the 4 match ups this postseason...but region 8 has really closed the gap from top to bottom

I think you are right in this regard.  I agree that these two regions could be pretty competitive in the future if Region 8 continues to improve like they have done. RE, Bolivar, and Fayette Ware. I don't have a clue about Melrose. 

Raleigh Egypt (6-0, 3-0) at Bolivar Central (5-0, 3-0)

Head Coaches- Raleigh Egypt- Major Wright (106-73 overall, 17-11 in three years at Raleigh Egypt); Bolivar- Woodrow Lowe (14-12 in three years at Bolivar)

Offensive Coordinator- Raleigh Egypt- Major Wright; Bolivar- Rashard Smith and Shawn O’Neil

Defensive Coordinator- Raleigh Egypt- Demetrius Leach;
Bolivar- Bo Hazelwood

Offense- Raleigh Egypt- Pro; Bolivar- Multiple

Defense- Raleigh Egypt- 3-3 Stack; Bolivar- Multiple

Region- 8-3A 

AP Rankings- Raleigh Egypt- Unranked in 3A; Bolivar- No. 7 in 3A

Scoring Averages- Raleigh Egypt- 31.7/12.5Bolivar- 44.4/19.6

Returning Starters- Raleigh Egypt- 4/8; Bolivar- 7/6

Players To Watch:

Raleigh Egypt- Dashawn Boyland (RB, Jr.), Mario Claxton (OL, Sr.), Kalyn Grandberry (RB/LB, Jr.), Caleb Gates (QB, Jr.)

Bolivar- Dreke Lewis (RB, Sr.), Cornelius Polk (WR, Sr.), Trey Lowe, (QB, Jr.), Kamarious Armour (LB, Sr.), Red 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above information is courtesy of Donavan Stewart's article that can be read here titled 'Donovan Stewart's Week 7 Victory Formation'.

Edited by kwc

I think you are right in this regard. I agree that these two regions could be pretty competitive in the future if Region 8 continues to improve like they have done. RE, Bolivar, and Fayette Ware. I don't have a clue about Melrose.

I agree as well. Region 7 should win 3 of 4 with Fayette Ware trucking them sissy girls from Liberty!!ðŸ‘

Believe me when I say, there's at least 5 other kids from Bolivar "to watch". They have 4 rb's that are neck and neck with each other and a receiver that's probably the fastest and most athletic kid on the team. An den, there's the 6'6" kid that may or may not play...just saying...

Edited by tonym3143

Believe me when I say, there's at least 5 other kids from Bolivar "to watch". They have 4 rb's that are neck and neck with each other and a receiver that's probably the fastest and most athletic kid on the team. An den, there's the 6'6" kid that may or may not play...just saying...

Well, according to Donavan Stewarts article that I posted, what I see is a RE defense that's giving up only 12.5 ppg going against a Bolivar offense that is scoring at a clip of 44.4 ppg. That is a difference of 32 ppg. Which one is going to have more influence on this game? The RE defense or the Bolivar offense? I think that will be the deciding factor.

According to that article the RE offense is averaging 31.7 ppg and the Bolivar defense is giving up 19.6 ppg. We are talking about a 12 point difference between the two. That doesn't seem to me to be a driving factor in this game.

So to me the question is, can RE slow down Bolivar enough to win?

Just my 0.02 cents of analytical thought towards this game.

Edited by kwc