Unaka vs Cloudland

YesSir3114

BULLRUSH thanks I wasn't sure! This Unaka team will either be made or broken this year. Hopefully they will get some help getting kids interested in playing. Its not much further these kids can dig.

your right titan they are very thin but hat's off to those young lads that have hung in there and giving it their all. with some help they can be very competitive in a year or two.

• Upvote 1

The King I couldn't agree more with your statement. You are dead right Unaka needs to get their act together. They need to clean house down there. They need a new AD, new football and basketball coaches. Need to get some people who care about the programs as a whole and not just about their own sport. There is way to much I in the program right now. Tee is the only person I would keep. You cant make a complaint to the principal, the AD and basketball coach are related. Just falls on deaf ears, its not fair to these young kids. To give four years of their life for subpar adult failures. Any with common sense knows if you haven't turned around a program in five years, your not going to get it done. When your numbers are barley enough to field a team, need to resign. Let someone else give it a shot. Its not an issue of not finding someone, its an issue of " taking care of friends". Watch these coaches on the sidelines, there is very little coaching. My kid is a senior and he has wasted his 4 years. We should have just moved to EHS!

The King I couldn't agree more with your statement. You are dead right Unaka needs to get their act together. They need to clean house down there. They need a new AD, new football and basketball coaches. Need to get some people who care about the programs as a whole and not just about their own sport. There is way to much I in the program right now. Tee is the only person I would keep. You cant make a complaint to the principal, the AD and basketball coach are related. Just falls on deaf ears, its not fair to these young kids. To give four years of their life for subpar adult failures. Any with common sense knows if you haven't turned around a program in five years, your not going to get it done. When your numbers are barley enough to field a team, need to resign. Let someone else give it a shot. Its not an issue of not finding someone, its an issue of " taking care of friends". Watch these coaches on the sidelines, there is very little coaching. My kid is a senior and he has wasted his 4 years. We should have just moved to EHS!

I'd hate to wake up and look at myself in the mirror every morning knowing I was that pathetic.  Shame on you unaka staff members.  Pitiful

Wasn't it just a couple of years ago that the Unaka's jr high went undefeated? It has to be the coaching staff, from what I've seen there's no commitment from the head coach,I'm all over the area with my job and I hardly see their football team practice in the summer or spring maybe I just missed them.

Again I said it this on another thread there's not a lot of talent walking the halls to help out with football and basketball. Facts are facts 3 seniors in football and 1 in basketball says enough right there to me

Fact is that Unaka has 300 plus students has to be a few talented players in the halls somewhere. From what I have seen and been around the talent is over looked and pushed to EHS or Hampton. Sad that the Lyons boys travel all the way up to Hampton instead of Unaka. Everyone knows that the best kids don't play. The coaches truly don't care as long as they get paid and keep their jobs. Yes Dugger knows his game but he can't recruit kids to play. That's part of the job as well, he should be able to find more than 1 senior. Excuses are the reason the programs are in this state of despair. Blame it on the kids not wanting to play. The kids don't play because coaches, No jv team in football, even when there were 28 kids and 9+ freshmen that hardly seen the field. Basketball jv team had varsity starters and kids playing varsity, playing more than true jv kids. Quit making excuses and watch the actual coaching. These coaches can't recruit the halls, can't coach up what kids do play. Not every super star made it without coaching

Mike Lunsford had 15 winning seasons out of 16 at cloudland and we're an even smaller school than unaka. Time to man up and take responsibility

I agree!GB has had 5 or 6 losing seasons since Satterfield took the program over in 85.We are one of he smallest in the state.If we had 300 kids good law!!!

I have seen him make ball players out of kids that you would never believe!

Edited by orngnblk