Warren goes to Oakland

dezcaughtit

Warrens downhill slide began when the man that's currently at Alcoa got turned down because the then AD had a personal beef with him. Ray Barnes could've been a great coach there but he eventually fell out with the good ole boys. It's been the same old song and dance ever since. From what understand Moore never actually applied but he is buddies with Willmore the current AD. It's going to take a coach that doesn't care who's kid is who's and doesn't mind making a few people mad

Seems like you guys have the same problem Grundy county is having. Ashamed because this school with that many students should dress around 70 kids and contend every year.

It seems like the woes of Warren County get discussed here every year. The theme doesn't really change. It's a large school in a rural environment that has lacked football success for decades.

I remember the days of Jeff Womack right,  Jeff Womack left, and Jeff Womack up the middle. That was the last great era of Pioneer football.

What has changed since then? As stated (blamed actually), not the population.

It is hard to blame the current county school system. Just take a look at the sports facility recently opened. I understand the frustration with the AD (although I do have a great respect for Todd that goes back to our HS days) but I do think he has hired a strong football coach this time.

You can't blame the industrial recruiter for not recruiting a family with a 5 Star son, or the Chamber of Commerce for heaven knows what. The responsibility really falls on the citizens of Warren County.

That responsibility includes building football programs at the middle school level. I cannot attest to the state of those programs. However, the high school program is a testament to weak middle school programs.

That responsibility includes building community pride that transfers to school pride. It seems community pride has a ceiling above the local community middle schools. There is a lack of unity at the county level.

There are many wonderful people in Warren County. The county needs more of those people and more of those people helping with the sports programs. Support the kids by getting out of the stands (or off your couch) and help coach a team or throw a tailgate party. 

I hate hearing the excuses of being rural and playing in a tough district. Look, no one is saying WC should win the district any time soon. Do you want to be competitive? Do you really want to be competitive? If so, just do this ONE THING. Stop looking at what others can do and start looking at what you can do to support football in the county.

Excuses don't make solutions. Just take a positive action each day. Go to the games and cheer for the team, tell the players "good job", drop some cookies by the school for the coaching staff, support the fundraising events,  have a tailgate party, help coach a team. Get your friends to do the same. The results will take care of themselves.

Warren County, you have only one public county high school to support. Just do it.

Edited by Hubbard

It seems like the woes of Warren County get discussed here every year. The theme doesn't really change. It's a large school in a rural environment that has lacked football success for decades.

I remember the days of Jeff Womack right, Jeff Womack left, and Jeff Womack up the middle. That was the last great era of Pioneer football.

What has changed since then? As stated (blamed actually), not the population.

It is hard to blame the current county school system. Just take a look at the sports facility recently opened. I understand the frustration with the AD (although I do have a great respect for Todd that goes back to our HS days) but I do think he has hired a strong football coach this time.

You can't blame the industrial recruiter for not recruiting a family with a 5 Star son, or the Chamber of Commerce for heaven knows what. The responsibility really falls on the citizens of Warren County.

That responsibility includes building football programs at the middle school level. I cannot attest to the state of those programs. However, the high school program is a testament to weak middle school programs.

That responsibility includes building community pride that transfers to school pride. It seems community pride has a ceiling above the local community middle schools. There is a lack of unity at the county level.

There are many wonderful people in Warren County. The county needs more of those people and more of those people helping with the sports programs. Support the kids by getting out of the stands (or off your couch) and help coach a team or throw a tailgate party.

I hate hearing the excuses of being rural and playing in a tough district. Look, no one is saying WC should win the district any time soon. Do you want to be competitive? Do you really want to be competitive? If so, just do this ONE THING. Stop looking at what others can do and start looking at what you can do to support football in the county.

Excuses don't make solutions. Just take a positive action each day. Go to the games and cheer for the team, tell the players "good job", drop some cookies by the school for the coaching staff, support the fundraising events, have a tailgate party, help coach a team. Get your friends to do the same. The results will take care of themselves.

Warren County, you have only one public county high school to support. Just do it.

Exactly what I said originally in just a few words.

Exactly what I said originally in just a few words.

Funny!

Let the record show, you get the credit for the post due to having the same opinion expressed in different words and from a different perspective. Can CoachT change the stats to reflect this correction?

Please continue with your original and exclusive opinions.

May everyone be quite and listen to the master.

Good job champ, good job.

Edited by Hubbard

Funny!

Let the record show, you get the credit for the post due to having the same opinion expressed in different words and from a different perspective. Can CoachT change the stats to reflect this correction?

Please continue with your original and exclusive opinions.

May everyone be quite and listen to the master.

Good job champ, good job.

Touche