Future of Grundy County

allblack

I think it's retarded to get rid of coach Tate let the man have 1 more year. All his players will be mostly juniors I don't see a reason why he shouldn't win 5-7 games next year. He ain't a bad coach he had to start from scratch there will always be fans that don't like the HC. Grundy doesn't have 100k to spend on a new HC plus raise the funds for New Jersey's cause let's face it that's what new HC want. Give the guy 1 more year

with the scbedule he has came up with he should win a minimum of 8 games. My Lord, you wont be making any money at the gate either.

Ok, I got my Grundy fix for the day.  So, looking at records, they were 1-9 last year?  That would be quite a turnaround to win 8, if things are as bad as people say they are.

Or, maybe I missed something?

The one team we've beat the last two years could beat pretty much all the teams (rumored) to be added except Bledsoe.....

4 plays were the difference of not going 3-7. (While no football is not that simple, 2 games ultimately came down to 4 plays). If we line up for an onside kick correctly and practice it more then 3-4 times, we probably beat Upperman. If we dedicate ourselves to the run game and not throw the ball in the 2nd half vs dekalb, we beat them. The other 2 winnable games were Whitwell and York. Both of which we turned the ball over to many times and gave short fields to the opposing team.

I'd like to point something out said by Coach Evans, because I truly do like Coach Evans, but I think he has the wrong idea here.

He stated in video whitwell and south Pitt don't really travel that well, that the notion of them traveling well is specious.... However, the point being made here is that 2 , 1-a valley teams with historical ties to playing Grundy will absolutely travel better then 1-9/2-8 - 1-a and 2-a teams that have to travel a couple hours from major cities....

Someone here also mentioned , "there is nothing wrong with scheduling a weak team".

No there isn't anything wrong with that, scheduling 4 though is actually detrimental to your team in the long run, and will give 0 help in the playoffs.

In a region with Seq, we absolutely benefit from playing an out of region opponent that is better then us.

Finally, I don't ever believe I said we should beat South Pitt, Marion, or Seq. But I absolutely believe we should should fair better then 288-18 vs these teams over 2 years... And I think it's fair to say that we should be scoring points vs their 2nd teams......(we scored more points vs these teams last year then we did this year.)

Grundy hasn't been relevant since Ken left. They did get one thing wrong the sp player only had 4 felonies and can't leave the state of Alabama for now. Lawson is the only kid the football team lost. The other kid didn't play an he left because of problems I won't talk about on coach t. Lawson hasn't played a full season in over 4 years. He may have played 10 games since he was in 7th grade. Sanders left in 7th grade and it will hurt without him, but Grundy hasn't list one starter to any Marion county school. Depending on what happens with the coach will determine if 4 players on that team do.

Been a while , but im fairly certain Lawson played the entirity of his 8th grade year, and was an all conference player....

He's a growing big boy, prehab would benefit him greatly, as I believe most of his injuries are ligament related.

Edited by Grundyplayer

The one team we've beat the last two years could beat pretty much all the teams (rumored) to be added except Bledsoe.....

4 plays were the difference of not going 3-7. (While no football is not that simple, 2 games ultimately came down to 4 plays). If we line up for an onside kick correctly and practice it more then 3-4 times, we probably beat Upperman. If we dedicate ourselves to the run game and not throw the ball in the 2nd half vs dekalb, we beat them. The other 2 winnable games were Whitwell and York. Both of which we turned the ball over to many times and gave short fields to the opposing team.

I'd like to point something out said by Coach Evans, because I truly do like Coach Evans, but I think he has the wrong idea here.

He stated in video whitwell and south Pitt don't really travel that well, that the notion of them traveling well is specious.... However, the point being made here is that 2 , 1-a valley teams with historical ties to playing Grundy will absolutely travel better then 1-9/2-8 - 1-a and 2-a teams that have to travel a couple hours from major cities....

Someone here also mentioned , "there is nothing wrong with scheduling a weak team".

No there isn't anything wrong with that, scheduling 4 though is actually detrimental to your team in the long run, and will give 0 help in the playoffs.

In a region with Seq, we absolutely benefit from playing an out of region opponent that is better then us.

Finally, I don't ever believe I said we should beat South Pitt, Marion, or Seq. But I absolutely believe we should should fair better then 288-18 vs these teams over 2 years... And I think it's fair to say that we should be scoring points vs their 2nd teams......(we scored more points vs these teams last year then we did this year.)

In regards to the quote about SP not traveling well. Many SP fans look at traveling like this:

SP should Mercy Ruke the team they are playing...

The opponent hasn't won a game all year or has only won a handful of games over the past few years...

Many folks don't want to travel nearly an hour away to watch a game that over by the first kickoff. Unless they have a kid on the team. So point is, get Grundy back to Grundy where they are winning and most know it should be a good game to watch, not a waste of $6 ticket and $10 in gas to get there and possible donation to park, then more fans will go.

Just sayin

• Upvote 1