Adamsville host Dyersburg

cardfan

School being larger you have more kids to choose from. Just law of averages you get more, bigger, players. Dont get me wrong 11 take the field at a time but larger pool to pull those 11 from.

Let me move this limb back so you can see me from behind the bushes............so that's kind of like a school with 250 kids playing against a school with 550 kids? That was your point? Correct?

Tired of this mess. If you want this to stop, then McNairy Central needs to compete for Region Championship, and not be satisfied with winning 3-4 games a year. Trust me, teenage kids only have 4 years to be high school kids. And if those kids that are football players, want to win. They don't play high school football just to be "a better person 10+ years after high school." That's no fun! How do you compete for a region championship and stop all this recruiting mess? How about get a coach with a legit resume, and persuade the boosters club to do their job. McNairy Central has way more things to worry about than to accused Adamsville from cheating via recruiting. If you think McNairy Central is going to get every football player from Bethel Springs or Ramer middle school, you're wrong. The open enrollment allows this to happen for their players, for a 14 year old teenage boy to play football with a "proven" program. Also, if you think McNairy Central is struggling because all the "talent" is at Adamsville, you're wrong as well.

The TSSAA can do everything to strict the recruiting, however, teams will do everything in their wil to get around them. There's hope that McNairy can compete for a region title next year. However, they'll have to get by North Side and Lexington (what I've seen they'll all be in a region next year, could be wrong.) what does that mean? McNairy has to beat North Side and Lexington and not have to worry about Adamsville. And do it again and again and again and again and again!!!!

Lot's of good points in this post, but not everything is set in concrete. Get the kids already in the school first!!! ​McNairy has enough good athletes to build a competent team. Also...you don't have to go out and hire "biggest attraction" coach out there...there are plenty of good young coaches looking for a chance to prove that they can build a program, but you have to interview and hire the best option, not who you know or owe a favor. Booster clubs, parents, and even administrators need to butt out of the coaches decision's...Give the coach a chance to succeed or fail on his own, without pressure from outsiders.​ Boosters are there to support, and the best do so without input. Improvement of facilities and winning will do your recruiting for you, but that comes from honest effort, not complaining or "favors".

TennesseeVol, I think all schools would like to pick players from three counties to play on their team. McNairy plays players that want to be Bobcats. When they graduate, most of them will live close to people they went to high school with and that is a big deal. No one going to high school in McNairy County will be playing football in 10 years.

Who managed to set up the 'open zone' rule?  An Adamsville man with enough pull to get it done.

This year's Cardinals have two players that should be Bobcats starting for AHS. A few others from normal MCHS schools could start for the Bobcats.

Our coach is in his first season. He will be the coach next year and has a winning record at the moment.

Facts do not lie. Adamsville had only five winning seasons before 'open zone' was put in place and Tommy Browder left for Hardin County. http://www.tennprepdb.com/teamhomeseasons.aspx?Team1=Adamsville

Edited by Macnarry

Back to the game. It will be interesting if Dyersburg uses this week to rest and heal some starters. With JCM dropping off schedule we do not have a bye this year until after regular season. Got a couple of must win region games after this one. Im guessing they play everybody and should be a good game but mg is correct could very well be a trap game. 

Back to the game. It will be interesting if Dyersburg uses this week to rest and heal some starters. With JCM dropping off schedule we do not have a bye this year until after regular season. Got a couple of must win region games after this one. Im guessing they play everybody and should be a good game but mg is correct could very well be a trap game.

We have a couple guys still banged up! Hopefully they can go this week! Some coaches would have scheduled a school like Middle College just to pick up another win! Coach Gray knows that doing that will not help you get better! That's why he called Dyersburg! They are an outstanding team & will give the guys a playoff type feel & let us know where we need to improve!

AHS friends, your school has to be the best attraction in McNairy County. Your top three tailbacks are transfers, your QB lives in Chester Co., your two top receivers are transfers. The buzz this week in the county is AHS is the lone public school with players from three different counties that are known about. Tim Thompson may be bringing in players from Memphis for you.

You really need to find a better hobby than stalking kids and their families & finding out where they live!! There is an offender list people like you get put on!!

I doubt D Fields will play as I suspect that he will not return until the next week.

Not trying to downplay the game, but both Coaches have bigger fish to fry in their regions. Yes, both Coaches will want to win, but not by paying a premium with injuries.

I suspect you will see both teams play a lot of younger players.